Whos got what planned for next year

Naughty Cal

Featured Posts

As winter has taken hold, and the nights have drawn in, we have been making our plans for next years trips away on Cal. So far the list reads:

Easter Week: Warm up trip to Leeds going via Keadby, Trent Falls and Selby.

May: Bank holiday One - Hull

Bank Holiday Two - Wisbech or Wells

May/June: Circuit run. Burton Waters to Keadby to Hull/Grimsby to Boston to Burton Waters

July/August: Bridlington/Scarborough

September/October: River Nene

Still leaving just over a week to decide what to do with.

So has anybody else go anything planned to look forward to?

Preliminary planning, so far...

January - Hopefully to Dutton for my engine to be checked over

March - Hull blacking

Easter - Ellesmere Port Gathering

May - Home for cabin repainting

June - Pelsall Rally & Braunston

July & August - Four Counties Ring then heading back over to the BCN

September - BCN Gathering

October - Back home to the Bridgewater

I'd like to try and fit in a trip on the MSC either on the way to, or on the way back from Ellesmere Port which would include a trip on the River Weaver

Preliminary planning, so far...

January - Hopefully to Dutton for my engine to be checked over

March - Hull blacking

Easter - Ellesmere Port Gathering

May - Home for cabin repainting

June - Pelsall Rally & Braunston

July & August - Four Counties Ring then heading back over to the BCN

September - BCN Gathering

October - Back home to the Bridgewater

I'd like to try and fit in a trip on the MSC either on the way to, or on the way back from Ellesmere Port which would include a trip on the River Weaver

Not doing the BCN challenge then?

Richard

We only have one lengthy holiday on the boat each year, next years will probably be in May again, to Upton Folk Festival, and then carry on to the Staffas and Worcs for a casual bumble taking in the villages (and pubs ) of Wolverley, Kinver, Wightwick. May just turn back or may come back via the BCN and Stourbridge

Also hoping to go across the estuary to Lydney in June, although Val has threatened not to go with me, the Ribble link put her off tidal waters in narrow boats

weekends? usual Slimbridge one, usual Gloucester one, a run up to Ashleworth Quay for the pub, Odana is said to be joining us (the person, not the boat) for a trip down to Sharpness. We've got folding bikes on board as well so we may have a weekend of just going round the corner to Frampton and then exploring all the villages by bike

If the Droitwich isn't open for the May trip we may go back in July and go to the Bromsgrove Folk Festival as well.

Oh, and if there is a 4 star severn bore on a Sunday we'll have a trip to Stonebench to see it again.

Richard

we might be, to be arranged, down to Odana I think

We didnt plan this year but as we are going away with friends next year we are planning well in advance (before having viewed the tide tables for next year :lol:)

Ok, really my plan is to change my engine then fit a boatman's cabin, then paint hull and change prop, then paint cabin.. If I manage to get that done i'll cruise a bit :lol: . Oh and i'll no doubt end up helping with the fitting out of Sleepy Hollow..

A major cruise for us in 2010, and one that we've been planning for several years.

We're travelling from Stone in Staffordshire down to London and back to do the Thames Ring, hopefully meeting up with a few forum members along the way.

We're out cruising for the whole of May, having each managed to secure a month off from the dreaded w**k and getting an excellent deal from the hire company.

Janet

We've got 2 weeks on In Hoc (timeshare) in the middle of May, out of Nantwich, so shall probably do the Cheshire Ring clockwise.

We haven't done it completely since 1977, so I expect some things will have changed a bit! Any one fancy sharing up the 9 and along the next bit?

we might be, to be arranged, down to Odana I think

BCN Challenge 2010 arrangements down to Black Beauty, not me sir! Odana (the boat) won't be back in Brum by then, but I'm keen to challenge with someone else's...

Next year's plan is to pay one last visit to the lovely Thorne Boat Services for a pre-trip wallet-emptying, do a run up to York and beyond in the early summer, then meander Midlands-wards via the Rochdale, Anderton Lift and a few other places I haven't yet decided to reclaim my mooring at HP in time for next winter.

Richard

We'll be there again, in Dove this time though.

Looks like we'll doing the Ricky get together this year, If we get the AS2 in.

Coventry basin at Easter

Pelsall rally

Braunston ?

Jam ole'

Andrew

I want to go to the Lancaster again - OR London

Maybe both? - now that would be a challenge!!

Alex

Lady Muck

Where are going to get your blacking done?

Don't be personal, how very dare you!

As winter has taken hold, and the nights have drawn in, we have been making our plans for next years trips away on Cal. So far the list reads:

May/June: Circuit run. Burton Waters to Keadby to Hull/Grimsby to Boston to Burton Waters

Still leaving just over a week to decide what to do with.

So has anybody else go anything planned to look forward to?

Trying to keep out of your way...

Only joking, look forward to seeing you again :lol:

We may do the L&L, not decided yet :lol:

Edited by nb Innisfree

It's good that you are coming up with a schedule.

Once finalised you could get BW and EA to add it to their "stoppage" lists.....

At least people can then find out when and where to avoid, if they want a quiet life. :lol:

It's good that you are coming up with a schedule.

Once finalised you could get BW and EA to add it to their "stoppage" lists.....

At least people can then find out when and where to avoid, if they want a quiet life. :lol:

Unless you lot are taking your tubes to sea, you may be safe for the majority of next year :lol:

Unless you lot are taking your tubes to sea, you may be safe for the majority of next year :lol:

Well I did think September / October looked slightly close for comfort, but 17 narrow locks between the Nene and the GU main line should hopefully be enough of a "barrier" to the "fatter than tubes" brigade!

Well I did think September / October looked slightly close for comfort, but 17 narrow locks between the Nene and the GU main line should hopefully be enough of a "barrier" to the "fatter than tubes" brigade!

I dont think the tidal wave will make it through 17 locks :lol:

... Leeds going via Keadby, Trent Falls and Selby

... Hull

... Wisbech or Wells

... Keadby to Hull/Grimsby to Boston

... Bridlington/Scarborough

... River Nene

Still leaving just over a week to decide what to do with

Well there's one notable omission there, the Great Ouse. We'll be there later in the summer

A major cruise for us in 2010, and one that we've been planning for several years.

We're travelling from Stone in Staffordshire down to London and back to do the Thames Ring, hopefully meeting up with a few forum members along the way.

Our plan is to join up with Janet down to London. then up the Thames and staying around to include Devizes and Lechlade before completing the loop via the Oxford to Braunston.

Then down the Nene to cross the Middle Level and spend some time on the Great Ouse to Bedford before retracing our steps back to Milton Keynes (15 minutes from Bedford to MK by car, at least 2 weeks by boat!)

I am at present on L & L in January I am off to India for 3 months while I am away my boat is going in to be repainted. When I return in April I will start to head South doing a short trip up the Llangollen, then down Shroppie, then down to Gloucester and then sort of back again to go via Stratford and down to Cropredy. This should keep me busy!!!