pets on narrow boats

woolies

Featured Posts

Diply checking out the local wildlife

Photo0286.jpg

HAHA very funny , bet he doesnt need much walking.... :lol:

As Bagpuss's silence is deafening me here's a gratuitous kitten photo...

006.jpg

That was Queen and the rest of the crew... Gertrude and Albert (Gert and Alb to freinds)

sherwood107.jpg

AWWW how cute is that( I want them) molly xx

Jack looks just like Jasper, our Cairn Terrier.

I believe Cairns and Westies have a quite close common ancestry. We don't clip our Jack's coat it is mostly as it grows other than some occasional trimming around the eyes etc for his own comfort So he doesn't always look like other Westies you see.

He was also none too white in the photo after almost a week on the canal finding mischief and mayhem on the towpath and fields on his walks with damp autumn ground.

Edited by churchward

Small Dog is good on a narrow boat, Dad says when Ben passes away he wouldn’t have another large dog as Ben is 10 stone heather lump and takes up all the room. But he is a gentle giant and we all love him and he loves the boat..Jessie on the other hand is very nervous around the locks and usually stays with friends on dry land when on long cruises. Molly xxx

If only she always looked that small! She usually likes stretching out and taking up most of the bed. She's not quite ten stone but if we let her eat as much as she seems to want to, she soon would be! She is a bit big for our small boat but we've had her for longer than we've had the boat and wouldn't change her for the world. She likes the boat most of the time, and considering she gets very very car sick, she's really good with the boat engne running. Except for her big, daft, drooly tongue...

bigtongue.jpg

Your dogs sound ace, Molly. If you're ever passing through Lapworth give us a wave :lol:

I believe Cairns and Westies have a quite close common ancestry. We don't clip our Jack's coat it is mostly as it grows other than some occasional trimming around the eyes etc for his own comfort So he doesn't always look like other Westies you see.

He was also none too white in the photo after almost a week on the canal finding mischief and mayhem on the towpath and fields on his walks with damp autumn ground.

Yup, Westies (and Scotties) are descended from Cairns.

Cairns and Westies look so alike that it is only the coat colour that gives it away, and a dirty westie will be taken for a cairn

If only she always looked that small! She usually likes stretching out and taking up most of the bed. She's not quite ten stone but if we let her eat as much as she seems to want to, she soon would be! She is a bit big for our small boat but we've had her for longer than we've had the boat and wouldn't change her for the world. She likes the boat most of the time, and considering she gets very very car sick, she's really good with the boat engne running. Except for her big, daft, drooly tongue...

bigtongue.jpg

Your dogs sound ace, Molly. If you're ever passing through Lapworth give us a wave :lol:

Your dog looks lovely..our boat has gone to bed for the winter now comes back out in march, i will look out for you boat if we pass..our boat is in northwest luv molly xx :lol:

This is my beloved whippet Jack.....he is very skinny and if I tie him up outside Tesco's, he complains bitterly to however takes pity on him and yells that I don't feed him!

jack3.jpg

He's gorgeous!

Your dog looks lovely..our boat has gone to bed for the winter now comes back out in march, i will look out for you boat if we pass..our boat is in northwest luv molly xx :lol:

Does that mean you've not managed to convince your dad to come to Birmingham for New Year?

Our Lyra

She is an 11 month old rescue cat and has thoroughly taken to life afloat. She's been swimming four times, but has proved herself to be an excellent swimmer! Cunning and affectionate, as well as vocal, she is great fun to have around. Oddities include her love of eating raw spinach and appetite for cold tea.

06062009320.jpg

04072009007.jpg

28062009372.jpg

IMG_0580.jpg

IMG_1202.jpg

PICT1912.jpg

Oops ! finger slipped as I was about to add descriptions to the pics .

Top - gratuitous puppy pic - Skipper the border collie at around 12 weeks

Middle - Skipper about 9 months

Bottom - Millie ( long coated ) and Josher (short coated ) both collies .