Is it enough

Naughty Cal

Featured Posts

Another reason for the now increased attendance at water incidents is the very unfortunate death of one of our firefighters who tragically died trying to rescue a young boy who had gone missing whilst swimming. We are now not allowed to enter the water (which we use to do on a regular basis) without the water rescue team.

Whatever part you played Phylis, well done. People will do some crazy thinks to save their pets.

Keeping the owners calm and stopping them entering the water was the hard part, supplying old towels, warm water and other oddities was nothing. The OH helped the chap from the fire service lift the dog from the water after it swam around a moored NB.

Still the dog was rescued, not sure what the outcome is though. He was very cold and very elderly

(snip)

I was charged £78 for an amblance a few years back following a minor(ish) car accident.

I didn't want to go, but once it was called it seemed impossible for me not to.

No-one mentioned the charge on the day, but a bill dropped through my letterbox two days later.

On that basis if the owner gets a bill for four fire engines I think the chance of additional gratitute may be limited.

IIRC, the NHS is not liable for injuries resulting from Road Traffic Accidents/Crashes. The bill is supposed to be paid by the insurance company.

Iain

Now I am a dog owner but four fire engines for one dog seems a little OTT and expensive

Will the dog owner be charged for the Fire Service attendance ?

I was charged £78 for an amblance a few years back following a minor(ish) car accident.

I didn't want to go, but once it was called it seemed impossible for me not to.

No-one mentioned the charge on the day, but a bill dropped through my letterbox two days later.

On that basis if the owner gets a bill for four fire engines I think the chance of additional gratitute may be limited.

It won't happen jon

The fire service is funded from your council tax

All emergency calls are therefore pre-paid as it were

If you want to hire a fire appliance and its crew to water your newly turfed tennis court in a drought (yes its been done) it'll cost you