Boat blaze on River Avon

Hypnorm

Featured Posts

well - the police/fire had an annoymous phone call saying that someone was trapped on a burning boat...

No evidence of any one on board has been found, police have only give us a incident number, they say not enough proof to say it was arson.

What else could it have been? Very sorry to hear about your dreadful loss . . .

You must be extremely upset, I know I would be. Luckily nobody was hurt, and we must hope this was an accident and not malicious.

I know you've probably lost some personal items but with luck, none with sentimental value.

Hopefully your insurers will replace all that you've materially lost and by this time next year it will be just a disappointing memory.

Doesn't make it any easier at the moment though.

Good luck.

John.

Edited by johnjo

they say it could be a fire work, but we are 1/2 mile from the nearest house, and how unlucky would that be!

We are not planning on getting another boat, it has been soul destroying seeing all our hard work die, this isnt the first time our boat has been targetted, there are 20 other boats in the field, but it was always ours that got picked out.

We have a fair idea who it was but no way of proving it, i just hope karma works his way if it is who we think.

I feel like i have lost a member of my family! and my 4 yr old son is gutted.

Luckily we still have my parents boat to enjoy.

I must admit I have been wondering why there had been no mention on here over the last week, especially as it has been on the news. Normally a fire is reported almost as it happens! Do fireworks come disposable bbq sized and shape (attempt number 1)? I find it rather strange that they have no proof it was arson, did the boat just happen to spontaneously combust? Would suggest forensic evidence sadly lacking (unfortunately not a lot left of the boat) and the police just can't be bothered (no surprise there!). I would have thought there is enough of a case history here to challenge the police's statement!

As to your previous post you have to also bear in mind that on this forum you can't have your boat stolen (ask the owners of Que Sera Sera), let alone catch fire without there being some form of insurance scam accusations. Nobody can possibly be a victim here, it is just not allowed, according to some on here it must all be your fault!

:lol:

Edited by Carol Whale

Would suggest forensic evidence sadly lacking (unfortunately not a lot left of the boat) and the police just can't be bothered (no surprise there!). I would have thought there is enough of a case history here to challenge the police's statement!

:lol:

As much as we all enjoy police bashing I think you'll find they rely on the fire brigade fire investigation team to suggest possible arson.

If Trumpton dont find anything suspicious then the police wont be doing any further investigation either.

Even in very badly burnt out properties there is generally still traces of suspicious evidence such as accelerant, even just a smell in some cases or evidence of faulty wiring.

In the wreckage, one of the gas bottles was at the front of the boat, now these are in a metal locker in the cockpit.... how lucky would it to be.. to explode and then land on the front of the boat???

A person who lives nearby managed to get footage on video cam and he is sending us the vid, can't say its gonna be pleasant but it may shed some light.

I dont understand how a boat can catch fire when all the batterys are isolated, we had turned everything off and removed the little red switches.

Only just spent £800 on a brand new canopy by DB Covers.

Luckily some people had the sense to move my parents boat out of the way, or it could have been a double fire.

At the beginning of this season a boat exploded, nearly killed two people as they had a petrol leak and started the engine to go up river and BOOM.. very lucky people.

Just keep remembering things that were on the boat, like canal plaques that my husband and me collected when we were on honeymoon on your first boat. (staffs and worcs, bratch, and couple of others) and a bell from a friends boat who died last year.

My son woke up in tears remembering his micromachines and his sweets were on board.