Photo of the month competition!

Jon

Featured Posts

A suggestion has been made over the last week that just for fun, we run a photo competition, simply for the fun of it. We thought this would be a great idea, so starting from now you may submit entries for the October 2005 Photo of the Month Competition.

Some of you may have noticed that a new category appeared in the gallery yesterday called 'Photo of the Month', and an album called October 2005. All you need to do is add your picture as you would do any other picture in the gallery.

So how is this going to work?

You will also see that you can rate each picture on a scale of 1 to 5 by clicking in the appropriate box at the top right of the window. This is how the winner will be decided. Each member can vote once on each photo submitted. The photo with the highest rating at the end of the month will be crowned the winner. If two or more photographs have the same rating, these photos will be voted on in a forum poll to decide the winner.

So what's in it for me?

As I stated above, it's just for fun. But...

- The winner each month will be crowned 'Photo of the Month Winner' and will be able to wear the 'Photo of the Month' medal under their name:

pomwinner.gif

- The winning photo will be displayed on the site index page for the next month.

The Rules

- Each member MUST own the copyright of the image they are submitting.

- Each image must be based on a waterways theme.

- Usual forum rules and guidelines apply

- In the event of any dispute arising, the site hosts decision will be final.

Other than that, get taking your pictures!

Edited by Jon

• 3 weeks later...

Just a few more days left in this months photo competition, so keep those entires coming in...

Thanks to every on who has voted. The result will be announced on Tuesday 1st (in the evening, I'm at work during the day!)

Just a quick request, all entries will be left in the relevant months category at the end of the month. Could I ask members not to upload the same picture twice to both the competition and to their personal gallery, as this creates 2 files on the server, and takes up twice as much space which means it costs me more!

Many thanks

Edited by Jon

The winner for October 2005 is Mike, with Dawn on the K&A

gallery_198_9_2144.jpg

Well done!

Entries are now being accepted for the November 2005 competition.

The same rules as before, but please ensure that images are not repeated from last month. Closing date for submissions is the 29th November. Voting will close at 11pm on the 30th November. Good luck!

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Firstly - sorry about the delay this months, with one thing and another I totally forgot, and no-one reminded me till today! Really sorry about that :lol:

So, anyway, the winner this month is WYEMAN - well done!

BUT there is a complication... both of his entries have scored equally highest, so it looks like 2 pictures on the front page this month!

med_gallery_120_13_276239.jpg

and

med_gallery_120_13_21208.jpg

Edited by Jon

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...