woodland for sale canal side

greywolf

Featured Posts

Too many slashes in your link, try this.

http://www.woods4sale.co.uk/woodlands/203/details.htm

cheers :lol: both seem to work for me but that may be because i posted it!

Just want 17 boaters (preferably good with a chain saw) with £7000 odd quid and we got a mooring for life.

make that 16 then forget the chainsaw. :lol: Would be nice though!

Funny website. Lots of little woods with no real commercial value. I've seen stuff from there before and it seems to be more aimed at people who fancy owning a bit of wood, rather than people with a real timber/sporting interest. South East is funny money, but even so, that looks like a lot for a vanity plot. Still some people pay that for a narrowboat :lol:

Funny website. Lots of little woods with no real commercial value.

There are often bits of woodland that do have commercial potential on there but they're soon snapped up.

As someone who "fancies owning a bit of woodland" and would regard keeping my burner full, through the winter as commercially advantageous, I am an enthusiastic subscriber.

There are often bits of woodland that do have commercial potential on there but they're soon snapped up.

As someone who "fancies owning a bit of woodland" and would regard keeping my burner full, through the winter as commercially advantageous, I am an enthusiastic subscriber.

Fair enough, but you'd have to get through a heck of a lot of firewood to pay back that sort of investment. All the woodlands/woods4sale plots I've seen all seem to be overpriced oddments.

As a cheaper option when I was working in that job, I used to let standing derelict coppice to firewood people I trusted on a work for wood basis - they took the firewood, I got old coppice back into rotation.

Fair enough, but you'd have to get through a heck of a lot of firewood to pay back that sort of investment.

which is why I wouldn't dream of spending that amount, on just a piece of woodland.

If there was potential to moor a boat, or even several, then there could be a reasonable return on the investment, though.

Any financial benefit would be just a bonus, though.

oh to win t'lottery!!!!......my darling has always wanted a bit of woodland being of the shootin and fishin brigade, reckons he could have had one with all the dosh we have spent on the boat.......(he's probably right :lol: :lol: )

Edited by dizzyknits

Well over priced for a woodland. £1-3K per acre is more like the going rate. But then nearly all the one on that site are over priced.

I like the bit about the value of the standing timber. They dont mention that it costs nearly what its worth to get it cut, moved & milled. Or that as its such an old wood its likely they wont even let you cut a commercial sized crop any way.

I guess IF you can get a residential berth it might be worth a punt but dont hold your breath on getting planning.

Oh & if 17 all chipped in you would all get 20m each so no over 60 foot boats & no gaps. I would guess that would ruin the spot just about as much as its possible to do.

15k of my childrens inheritance and thats about all its worth, just a load of trees and no you wont be able to moor on the canal either , a bit a firewood but you do have to chop it down as well....120k what a dreamer, and also in a recession, if you chop all the trees away and get a licence for 15 moorings and turn the land to green belt i might give you 120k till then i would rather buy 120k worth of scratch cards ...

I think this site was set up when you could get massive grants to buy woodland. So the likes of Terry Wogan spent some of their fortunes on it, then whinged and whined and demanded compensation when their "investment" didn't bring in the huge returns they were promised.

I do not doubt you but Google woods for sale and see where you get.I found 4 sites and non of them were cheap please set me in the direction of cheap woodland.Honest i have been looking for some!!

Edited by greywolf

Could try forestry commission web site, they sell off bits occasionally, trouble is every man and his faithfull friend wants a wood these days, as a retreat, sporting, painball, living offgrid etc. If you see any near bristol / bath let me know :lol:

Could try forestry commission web site, they sell off bits occasionally, trouble is every man and his faithfull friend wants a wood these days, as a retreat, sporting, painball, living offgrid etc. If you see any near bristol / bath let me know :lol:

And I think its exempt from inheritance tax when you die

I found this on the net. woodland sale

might be of interest to some?

if you have plenty of wood, then you will need one of these.

*snip*

[img

I found this little stove looking for boat pics.

Copy and paste the web address below.

*snip* :lol:

*snip* spam removed by mods, if you want to advertise, do it on your own website.

LM

Edited by Lady Muck

Are you from this Salamander Stoves outfit then? The website link doesn't work by the way - try THIS instead.

I see you tried to include a picture, but that doesn't work either as you linked to a file on your computer by the looks of it.

I had a look at the site anyway once I found it - a little odd that there is not a single photo of a stove anywhere on it I thought? Lots of talk about "unique turboblaze technology" though - which to all intents and purposes appears to be similar to my Squirrel and a number of other stoves! I also noticed that the company appears to be part of the Canvas and cast group who do bell tents and the dinky little Pipsqueak stoves for them.

If you ARE from Salamander - perhaps you could throw in a few more details and sort out a picture or two?

Cheers,

Andy

PS = Done some more digging and found the stove, but they didn't make it easy did they?! The Canvas and Cast website has no mention of it at all, but "Belltent.biz" - which also carries the C&C logo, does. Very scant detail though - no dimensions or output figures. I was a little amused too by "RRP £395 - Our Price £396.75"!! Also, although both websites have the same contact details etc, their prices for products are a fair bit different to each other - eg 4m bell tent @ C&C - £365 - same tent at Belltent.biz - £319. All very odd.

Hobbit Stove

Edited by County4x4

if you have plenty of wood, then you will need one of these.

The Hobbit Canal Boat Stove.

[img

I found this little stove looking for boat pics.

Copy and paste the web address below.

file:///Users/mark/Desktop/The%20Hobbit_files/Boat%20stove%20advert.html[/img] :lol:

canal boat stove

More fake customer spam.

If you're selling stuff why do you not just say so?

Who would buy anything from a dishonest trader?