Diesel stove running sooty

Hedgepig

Featured Posts

Ok! My elbows were black, but I did find said small holes! A good poke with a 2mm drill bit, takes a bit of effort, they are not easy to find! Cleaned up and lit it and Presto! a purple flame a Halloween Wizard would be proud of!!!!

Yip - these holes need to be cleaned out periodically, it must be two years since my Lockgate burned so cleanly!

Thanks everyone who posted on this!

Ok! My elbows were black, but I did find said small holes! A good poke with a 2mm drill bit, takes a bit of effort, they are not easy to find! Cleaned up and lit it and Presto! a purple flame a Halloween Wizard would be proud of!!!!

Yip - these holes need to be cleaned out periodically, it must be two years since my Lockgate burned so cleanly!

Thanks everyone who posted on this!

97.gif88.gif

I didnt count them but the seem to occur about every two inches. They are on a slight ridge or' corner'. You definitely cant see them from the top.

Success at last! Could've done with seeing your post last night as it took me aaaages to find the li'l critters! Black elbows and a few bruises later, my stove's burning a treat :lol:

A few final questions: Do I need to use the collar/ring that seems to sit on the ridge above the bottom row of the larger air holes or just the catalyst (haven't heard back from Lockgate yet), and does anyone know how much diesel these stoves get through? I've a 45 gallon separate tank for it.

Cheers, all!

Success at last! Could've done with seeing your post last night as it took me aaaages to find the li'l critters! Black elbows and a few bruises later, my stove's burning a treat :lol:

A few final questions: Do I need to use the collar/ring that seems to sit on the ridge above the bottom row of the larger air holes or just the catalyst (haven't heard back from Lockgate yet), and does anyone know how much diesel these stoves get through? I've a 45 gallon separate tank for it.

Cheers, all!

88.gif

yes this creates the draw up the centre

very roughly a gal per day