Tinsley flight closed with immediate effect

BeckyJC

Featured Posts

Hi,

Just been informed by Tinsley lock keeper than the flight is closed as of now due to water loss issue / problem with the pumping system again so had to cancel my passage for Saturday.

Not certain how long it will be closed for at this stage, he said "maybe a week but we really don't know yet", but asked him to keep me updated so will post news here.

Hope this helps,

Becky

Our boat is due to be handed over to us on the 21st December.

We plan to spend a few days at Shardlow and then travel back to Tinsley over Xmas, as long as it's fixed for then.

Hope you are well.

We are staying a f

Hi,

Just been informed by Tinsley lock keeper than the flight is closed as of now due to water loss issue / problem with the pumping system again so had to cancel my passage for Saturday.

Not certain how long it will be closed for at this stage, he said "maybe a week but we really don't know yet", but asked him to keep me updated so will post news here.

Hope this helps,

Becky

Just called BW office in Leeds for an update on this - the flight is still closed at the moment. They are waiting for parts for the pump, and hope to have it re-opened on Monday (not definite though, as they haven't started work yet...)

Becky

Just checked the Waterscape site again, new update:

UPDATE (08 October 2009): UPDATE 8TH OCTOBER

Unfortunately there has been a delay in sourcing the parts needed for the repair work. We will issue an update next wednesday 14th October

Grrr!

Becky

Deja-vu! Just phoned BW for an update, apparently the stoppage has now been extended as the wrong parts were delivered for the pump.

This is exactly the same as happened last October!

Fingers crossed it gets sorted soon - I make that 3 weeks now. :lol:

Becky

Just phoned BW again with hopes of being allowed up the flight this weekend, but sadly it isn't looking hopeful.

The repair on the pump yesterday was unsuccessful - they hope to have more news on what is going to happen next later this afternoon. So that'll make it a full month that I haven't been able to get to my mooring! Anyone know what the deal is re: getting my (BW) mooring fee refunded? Seems unreasonable still paying for a mooring I can't use!

Becky

More news:

Associated Regional Office: BW Yorkshire

UPDATE (16 October 2009): UPDATE 16TH OCTOBER

We have now repaired the pumps and they are working correctly, however, due to a collapsed culvert we are unable to transfer sufficient volumes of water to re-open the navigation at this time. We are Investigating this collapse and will update on the 21st October . British Waterways apologise for the inconvenience caused to customers.

Good news at last - BW are allowing some boats to pass through the Tinsley flight this weekend at last! :lol:

Update on Waterscape says:

UPDATE (23 October 2009): UPDATE 23RD October

We now have sufficient water levels to re-open the canal. We will be penning customers through that have been unable to move during the stoppage over this weekend. We will re check the water levels on Monday morning and if they are sufficient, passage on this stretch will be allowed as usual.