Where to buy showers less than 1800mm high?

jack2

Featured Posts

Hi,

I am just starting to fit out my Dutch barge narrowboat and would really like a glass fronted shower. So far all the ones I can find have been too high. Any thoughts or ideas?

What's too high? What ceiling height is available.

Edited by johnjo

What's too high? What ceiling height is available.

Less than 1800mm I reckon!

I have the same problem, but Midland Sw*ndlers have one that is about 1650mm by 640mm wide for about 165 squids here. It's not a thing of great beauty but the alternative is a custom made door at £512 so it's something of a no-brainer today. Mind you, Ellen looked at it and suggested that a pole and Tesco £1 shower curtain would be preferable. If anybody else knows any different please let me know too!

Less than 1800mm I reckon!

I have the same problem, but Midland Sw*ndlers have one that is about 1650mm by 640mm wide for about 165 squids here. It's not a thing of great beauty but the alternative is a custom made door at £512 so it's something of a no-brainer today. Mind you, Ellen looked at it and suggested that a pole and Tesco £1 shower curtain would be preferable. If anybody else knows any different please let me know too!

Oops point taken re: the height.

I quite like the idea of the one you linked, the bi-folding doors at least mean you don't have a squeeze when opening the door.

I think we saw similar in Focus and they were low enough to fit in our NB but can't remember the exact measurement.

Oops point taken re: the height.

I quite like the idea of the one you linked, the bi-folding doors at least mean you don't have a squeeze when opening the door.

I think we saw similar in Focus and they were low enough to fit in our NB but can't remember the exact measurement.

Yup, the bi-fold doors are a brilliant idea as I'm certain my ar*e is wider than normal too :lol:

Hi,

I am just starting to fit out my Dutch barge narrowboat and would really like a glass fronted shower. So far all the ones I can find have been too high. Any thoughts or ideas?

These guys do showers that are around 1650mm high. I would give them a call though as the website is not the greatest and they have stuff that may not be on there and they are very helpful. I am just a satisfied customer.

http://www.wesleywindows.co.uk/windows.php

Hi,

Hi

I am sure I have seen short ones in B&Q.

I did cut down a shower for my old boat but had to replace the glass doors with plastic sheet

Alex

Don't get the midland chandler doors. They are horrific quality. I also ordered one from http://www.canalshoponline.co.uk/ but after endless phone calls (never returned, not even once) and 9 months I gave up on it. I think the problem was their supplier being completely useless.

None of the usual diy suspects do short ones, 1800mm should be doable though. Mine was under 1700 I think. I'm pretty sure I managed to find 1800 but I can't remember where.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Again,

I think I may go down the way of buying some clear/coloured plastic sheet(6mm) on ebay. It is reasonably cheap and they will cut to size. Thanks for all your help and advice.

May be a bit late on this one but Mannhatten showers at Nelson near Burnley def do a screen 1750 high. I convert basements and have similar problems from time to time

Phil

May be a bit late on this one but Mannhatten showers at Nelson near Burnley def do a screen 1750 high. I convert basements and have similar problems from time to time

Phil

Again maybe a bit late but look at the Focus do it all website, both a shower door and side panel for £99.99 or a Frosted glass door alon for £109, cant remember which is which, but one is 1750 and the other is 1800

Again might be too late and I'm not sure whereabouts you are but Denham Yatch Marina in Uxbridge Middlesex have a corner shower enclosure [Quadrant] with sliding doors, height is 1600 plus the height of the tray [£335]. They have a base which is 800 x 800 [£135]

If you PM me with your email address I can send you a couple of pics.

John

Edited by johnjo