BW up for Sale

Allan(nb Albert)

Featured Posts

Article

I offer the above. Not sure if it is true? If it is true, is it only BW's assets (i.e. property portfolio) that is up for sale, its non core businesses (e.g. Joint Ventures, BWML etc) or the waterways?

Could it be that the OEP insisted that BW put its property portfolio into a seperate company to sell it off?

Anyone heard any other reports?

Article

I offer the above. Not sure if it is true? If it is true, is it only BW's assets (i.e. property portfolio) that is up for sale, its non core businesses (e.g. Joint Ventures, BWML etc) or the waterways?

Could it be that the OEP insisted that BW put its property portfolio into a seperate company to sell it off?

Anyone heard any other reports?

It looks like selling BW in its entirity.

It would be the same old story.

Sell off the assets now, to spend the money now, and lease the thing back at greater long term cost.

Yup.

Idiotic short term thinking fueled by 4 year election cycles etc. They're all guilty of it.

They'll run of things to sell at some point...

They could try selling the whole country.

Ah, no they couldn't, they sold that to the USA ages ago.

Bunch of Idiots!

edit : not the people posted before me... the government.

I did post saying I was not sure if this article is correct - I have done further searches and nobody else is running with this story and I am unable to find any info relating to it on the Treasury website.

However, Darling was considering some sort of sell off in April which might have included BW. It would seem to me that he has decided to go ahead or that the article may simply be have its dates wrong and making a story out of what was said earlier.

Time will tell!

**** Edited to say I have asked BW to confirm that Darling did make some sort of announcement this week which included selling off BW *******

Edited by Allan(nb Albert)

However, Darling was considering some sort of sell off in April which might have included BW. It would seem to me that he has decided to go ahead or that the article may simply be have its dates wrong and making a story out of what was said earlier.

Time will tell!

**** Edited to say I have asked BW to confirm that Darling did make some sort of announcement this week which included selling off BW *******

Bu**er! I actually met Mr. Darling in person yesterday as I was face painter at his children's party at 11 Downing St. (something to do with extra money going to 7year olds). I should have cornered him about it and demanded more money for BW or I would have ruined his antique chairs and silk wallpaper with the paints!!! (which was their main concern) :lol:

Edited by Water Rat.

I did post saying I was not sure if this article is correct - I have done further searches and nobody else is running with this story and I am unable to find any info relating to it on the Treasury website.

Time will tell!

Not just BW though, if this list is true then they plan on selling the Land Registry, OS etc .

This is Darling's Monday speech. He does say "We need to look at what non-essential public sector assets we can sell, so that we can free up capital for key projects". No specific mention of BW, though.

My suspicion is that NCE has, perhaps mistakenly, conflated that speech with the list that was under consideration before the Budget. But these are strange times and policy could change very quickly.

Time will tell!

Bu**er! I actually met Mr. Darling in person yesterday as I was face painter at his children's party at 11 Downing St. (something to do with extra money going to 7year olds). I should have cornered him about it and demanded more money for BW or I would have ruined his antique chairs and silk wallpaper with the paints!!! (which was their main concern) :lol:

If you had known about this before the party you could've given him a clown face.

This is Darling's Monday speech. He does say "We need to look at what non-essential public sector assets we can sell, so that we can free up capital for key projects". No specific mention of BW, though.

My suspicion is that NCE has, perhaps mistakenly, conflated that speech with the list that was under consideration before the Budget. But these are strange times and policy could change very quickly.

Thanks for that Richard - I think you may well be right. Government may still sell off BW's assets - they may not.

Well I've made a "Buy It Now" offer. Just got to wait and see if it's accepted.

I'm financing the deal by "pulling a Glazer" as it's known, in money laundering circles.

I'll borrow the money and, as soon as the deal is done, mortgage the whole lot, chucking in all my personal debts too.

BW are selling lock cottages again http://www.waterscape.com/features-and-art...erties-for-sale

Sue

....... and cottages at Tardebigge.

BW are doing a bit of a fire sale at the moment and selling property from which they get long term income. However, they have been doing this for years to expand business interests. I guess it would be better if they sold the holdings in joint ventures instead and accept that "innovative joint ventures" means "risky joint ventures". Joint ventures is something of a holy cow.

I have requested a copy of BW's Corporate Plan - the last one suggested that despite problems in the property market, they intended to build 50,000 homes over three years.

Crazy!

• 2 months later...
They could try selling the whole country.

Ah, no they couldn't, they sold that to the USA ages ago.

could the last person leaving the country turn out the light, :lol: we only have banking to sell and no industry to speak of, so now lets sell the waterways, mabey Arizona would be interested :lol: :lol: make us an offer :lol:;)