1st 2 wks in 10yrs

Guest z1100r

Featured Posts

I doubt it. Z110R is apparently no longer a member of this forum

Richard

They appear to be another member now.

Not sure why an account appears to have been deleted, and another created though - it's clearly not just a straight renaming of an existing account.

Fairly unusual for accounts to get deleted at all, isn't it ?

Got a bit involved in a thread about some crappy mastervolt alternator...as a result it was suggested I depart...so i did..but decided to eat humble pie- wether i needed to or not is neither here no there - I did.... and then re-registered as Evo.

Thanks for the comments on my diatripe above..it was great...will be doing loads next year...its our boat now, and I love it.

• 2 months later...
but decided to eat humble pie- wether i needed to or not is neither here no there - I did....

Great!

So you think it's okay to cause trouble, flounce out, rejoin under a new identity then post this here, when it should be in the recipe section!

Some people have no shame!

• 4 weeks later...

My missus has chucked here toys out - because she's doing another degree - and wants me and the kids to do some of the cooking. So I've started putting her to shame in that department..what about this beast....not had steak and kidney pie since I left home god knows how long ago.

This beasty should go in the recipe section..MY FIRST ATTEMPT at cooking anything...it was awesome..!!!!

pie1.JPG

pie2.JPG

• 3 weeks later...
I just had my first 2 week holiday - last one was 10 years ago.

Not long bought the boat off the in-laws

The planning went like this:- Me her etc.

"Wahay...lets go..!!!!!"

" Where" she says

"...huh..errrm...errrm...lets go up the Nene, not done that before".

Do a bit of research - got to buy another license...

"s*d that for now"

"lets do the Avon ring again"

"NAh we did that last time"

"oh for gods sake I dont care...lets just go....which way is the boat pointing"

"right we're doing the Leicester ring the opposite way round to last time....get yourself up Tesco's lets go. oh Bottled beer only please ..guiness, Stella...oh and some Cider...no wine for me thanks".

"How much do you want..."

"lots".

Afternoon 1

Set off in panic mode....going a little faster than I should....gotta make Tusses bridge tackle shop before it shuts or the whole trip will be ruined. Horible realisation sets in..Nuts, not going to make it...curse curse...its gone six...arrrgh s***.

Chug upto Tusses ...its open...oh thank god...7PM closing on Friday in the summer...PHEW.

Rightio lets hit the Greyhound (Sutton Stop).

11:00 Bed....lie there thinking

2 pints of Maggots...3 Pints of Guiness...Ham egg and chips...early bed....Perfect.

Day 2

Sun out ... up early....on the move early...fantastic....just the two of us..previously had crews of 6 and always takes that many people ages to get ready to move. Really frustrating....Now I can leave the missus in bed and get moving if I want. Incomming phone call...uh oh...things are too good ...whats happened allready. Mother-in-law would like to spend a day with us and she's bringing her mate - also bring lunch. Hmmmmmmmm. Only got one car...what to do...how to do it. Ahaha "Get your fat A to Market Bosworth in the morning and we will be there, we'll take you to end of the Ashby and back ......OK" Sounds smashing she says. I didn't realise how much of a slog it was going to be to get to Market Bosworth...it was further than I thought and we arrived late 'ish. Up to the chippy for tea....long walk uphill to village centre...painful. Settle down with a cold Cider and have a fish. Dark .. bed.

Day 3

Up at 7:00...raring to go...."what time they say they were comming"..."they didn't.".."oh great"....Occupy myself cleaning boat, polishing port holes - was about to start taking the engine out and re doing the entire fit out when a phone call said they weren't far away. TFFT.

Oh cr*p they've brought the dogs...hairs everywhere again...!!!

You have got to let me know when you are out again (Trenet and Mersey area) and we will meet up you speak my language and like the thing we do (drinking eating and fishing) fantastic blogg keep up the good work and please dont loose your sense of humour

• 1 month later...

Crikey ... Time is flying....I'm working on the boat for this years voyage now. Lots of changes, including an inverter, massive raw water filter, and 2 A4 pages of other crap she wants me to do. We've got another fortnight trip planned for the beginning of August....cant wait. So far we have changed our minds about 3 times as to where we are going. I know where we are going, but I'm just waiting for Marie-Anne to suggest it - I'll then congratulate her on an excellent choice of course.

I'd forgotten about last years trip and just re-read this myself...I'm even more desperate to get going again now...!! thanks for all the nice remarks from folk...!!