Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

NEW: Following member feedback, we now have a Mooring & Marina Review forum. Post your review here.

Sign in to follow this  
DHutch

Banter Sub-Forum

Featured Posts

Currently thread regarding banters are interweaved with more general topics with the Virtual Pub subforum, or are located elsewhere within the forum stucture. So im wondering what would peoples thoughts be about a sub forum with in the Virtual Pub (or Events?) section specfically for threads directly regaurding banters, there organisation, and photos of the aftermath event?

Benifits as i see it would be:

- It would keeping these topics together in a single place at the top of the VP for easy access.

- Users could subscribe to updates on the 'Banter' sub-forum area so as get alerted to new banters instantly.

Downsides:

- It would be another subforum area to check for those that dont simply use the 'vew new posts' link when checking for new posts.

An effort would be made to relocate old/past threads into the new forum area.

############

BANTERS SUB FORUM CREATED

Please ensure that event 'location' and 'date' as well as the word 'banter' is in the title of each thread.

############

Daniel

Sounds good to me Dan.

I recently met up with a forum family due to IM's. It may have attracted more folk if our PM's were made public? Nothing to hide here, just I had met them at another mini banter cos we had been reading a 'holiday thread' and knew where this family would be on a given day/evening. They, the boaters, were also happy with our mini-meet.

Maybe need to get the 'boaters' approval first? They may not want a mob descending!! lol

Of course, the Loughborough was well publicised both this time and last, so mobs were expected and welcomed! It was quite nice being part of a mob actually!! I met some superb people.

Will look out for replies to this notion.

PS - seems your head survived ok then? lol!

Ok, i will put that together then, as a subforum of the VP.

Also Sue, while trawling through threads containing 'banter' in the title i found a thread where you where suggesting a subforum for banter threads, please dont think i was ignoring this or trying to pass your idea of as my own, i had just simply not seen or had my attention draw to your thread untill now as although im subscribed to the 'suggestions' forum i dont spend much time in the VP.

Excellent idea

Sue

Would it be possible to have a dedicated Banter section? I am sure I'm not alone on reading about banters and thinking "I wonder where that is"? By October we may well be near Birm, on the other hand we could be at the other end of the country. If banters were put in a dedicated section newbies could find them easily as well

Sue

http://www.canalworld.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=23970

And here we are. Welcome to the newest Sub-forum on the site!

As mentioned, an effort will be made to relocated existing banter threads, however if you notice a thread that had not been located, please use the 'report post' funtion to alert the admin staff and myself as to its needing to be moved.

You can also subcribe to weekly or instant updates on the subforum to receave emailed updates on posts and topics made within the area.

Daniel