Tidy Bridgewater

journeyperson

Featured Posts

Can't have been out that much... I still bumped my way along over the crap in the canal in Broadheath and the half submerged fire door which is stuck in the mud is still there.

Still, it makes a nice change for the water to be clear off surface litter and for the crap to be removed from the towpath hedges.

Can't have been out that much... I still bumped my way along over the crap in the canal in Broadheath and the half submerged fire door which is stuck in the mud is still there.

Still, it makes a nice change for the water to be clear off surface litter and for the crap to be removed from the towpath hedges.

A friends of the Bridgewater Canal group has recently been set up. I think their focus is the area between the M60 and Broadheath but I'm not a member so I'm not sure what their remit is.

I'm on the Bridgewater at the moment at Lymm, having travelled from Castlefield so far, on my way back to Henhull, and have noticed how free from rubbish and plastic the canal and towpath are. Has there been a recent campaign or are Peel doing more to keep it clear these days?

:lol: Hope you are right the last time I went on the Bridgewater 10 years ago it was full of rubbish and the time before in 89 it was worse but its a great bit of our waterways nevertheless so lets hope it stays clear of rubbish........ :lol:

I had a walk down the Bridgewater this lunch time, between Waters Meeting and Barton Aqueduct. Although there is still alot of rubbish and litter in the hedges next to the towpath it definately has been cleared up a bit recently.

I saw a fisherman and asked if he was catching... "No" says he "too many bloody barges going up and down". I said nothing, but grinned. He then said "that big barge with the crane has just been through and stirred all the shit up so I'm calling it a day".

I'm guessing he's talking about the Womble!

When I went past Sale CC on Wednesday for the first time in about six months I didn't ride over the wheelie bins, so they've either been flattened or removed. I noticed Longford is still there looking as though the new owner is doing her up, and Ariel looking very business-like :lol:.

Edited by journeyperson