Moorings in/near Rugby

plainsman

Featured Posts

I need to leave my boat in or near Rugby sometime next week. I need to be within easy access to Rugby train station (via bus if needed) I will be away for about 3 or 4 days. Any advice please about a suitable location?

Many thanks

Alex

You could use the Rugby visitor mooring either side of Bridge 58 but use the towpath side because the non towpath side the moorings are limited to 24 hrs. You can catch bus no 4 into town from there.

It may be worth talking to Willow wren and Viking who are just a little way north of there on the Rugby wharf arm, they may have short term mooring available. There is good access to town from there.

Telephone; 01788 562183/569153 Fax; 01788 540540

Hire boats email to narrowboats@willowwren.co.uk

There are more visitor moorings at Newbold and I believe its on a bus route but don't know which one.

It may be worth talking to the people at Clifton Cruisers 01788 543570 they are also on a bus route to town and are very friendly and helpul

Brinklow marina is quite a bit further out and not on a bus route but they are very friendly and helpful

Tel: 07711 803430

Fax: 07092 311905

Email: moorings@brinklowmarina.com

Hope this helps

Regards

TC

You could use the Rugby visitor mooring either side of Bridge 58 but use the towpath side because the non towpath side the moorings are limited to 24 hrs. You can catch bus no 4 into town from there.

It may be worth talking to Willow wren and Viking who are just a little way north of there on the Rugby wharf arm, they may have short term mooring available. There is good access to town from there.

Telephone; 01788 562183/569153 Fax; 01788 540540

Hire boats email to narrowboats@willowwren.co.uk

There are more visitor moorings at Newbold and I believe its on a bus route but don't know which one.

It may be worth talking to the people at Clifton Cruisers 01788 543570 they are also on a bus route to town and are very friendly and helpul

Brinklow marina is quite a bit further out and not on a bus route but they are very friendly and helpful

Tel: 07711 803430

Fax: 07092 311905

Email: moorings@brinklowmarina.com

Hope this helps

Regards

TC

Alternatively, the 14 day visitor moorings at Hillmorton are nice and there are regular buses into town about a 5 minute walk away. Newbold is also an option, I *think* there are buses there, but if not it's only about 15mins walk into town... Personally prefer Hillmorton to Newbold, but neither is bad. Brinklow is lovely, but further out.

Hope this helps,

Becky

You could moor in Braunston, the GA1 bus runs hourly from outside the Millhouse Pub to Rugby Station (well just round the corner) Buses leave hourly at just past half past the hour and take about 40 minutes arriving at a quarter past the hour.:-

http://www.warwickshire.gov.uk/Web/corpora...36;file/GA1.pdf

Newbold is also an option, I *think* there are buses there

There definitely are buses, because I caught one into Rugby in May. Can't remember the numbers (there was a couple). From memory there were several each hour so didn't have to wait long either way.

I need to leave my boat in or near Rugby sometime next week. I need to be within easy access to Rugby train station (via bus if needed) I will be away for about 3 or 4 days. Any advice please about a suitable location?

Many thanks

Alex

Thanks everyone for the informative replies. All very useful and much appreciated.

Regards

Alex