NO cancer, NO chemo Just Cruisin' - yipee

TeeELL

Featured Posts

Went to the boat on Sunday, sure in the knowledge that the bilge would be dry, the dehumidifier having done it's work. Far from it, as it turned out!! The DH was full and the bilge had about half an inch depth of water - pump followed by 10 nappies saw the water away.

This time I gave my spare keys to friends on a neighbouring boat, you can imagine my dissapointment when I received a call yesterday telling me that water continues to pool at the rear of the boat. Litmus tests continue to reveal alkaline content, so I remain happy (happy!!!) that the water is from the shower tray/outlet pipe/whale gulper.

I will be publishing the mileage and lockage later this week.

This has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with narrow boating or our cruise - other than I had the first inklings from a phone call as we exited Crick tunnel. :lol:

Today Thur 22nd Oct 2009 I went for, and passed, my aviation medical examination. My application for the renewal of my Private Pilots Licence was popped into the letterbox this afternoon - to be collected who knows when? So fingers crossed, I might have my licence in a couple of weeks. :lol:

This has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with narrow boating or our cruise - other than I had the first inklings from a phone call as we exited Crick tunnel. :lol:

Today Thur 22nd Oct 2009 I went for, and passed, my aviation medical examination. My application for the renewal of my Private Pilots Licence was popped into the letterbox this afternoon - to be collected who knows when? So fingers crossed, I might have my licence in a couple of weeks. ;)

GREAT NEWS TONY :lol::lol::lol:

• 4 weeks later...

Firstly, I must apologise for not submitting the mileage and locks for our cruise - I worked it all out and have now misplaced the result!! I'll sort out the conclusion soonest. On a really wonderful, if totally OFF TOPIC, note - I am now in posesion of my Private Pilots Licence, I have completed my 'Skills Test' and it is now onwards and upwards (so to speak).

The water in the bilge (dry bilge under the floor) is all gone and I can find no trace of the source the water in the shower drain (where the 'Gulper' cannot extract it) remains so I must assume, for the time being, that it is historical and stems from the time before I properly seales the shower tray surrounds. next job, then, is to resolve the fuel state/engine starting running problem. Narrow boats can be such joy!!!

I am now in posesion of my Private Pilots Licence, I have completed my 'Skills Test' and it is now onwards and upwards (so to speak).

Congratulations Tony, all you need now is some decent flying weather. :lol:

Narrow boats can be such joy!!!

Almost as much as aircraft :lol:

• 1 month later...

OK, first and foremost here are the statistics for our holiday. I must admit that we are both very surprised that we covered less mileage and worked fewer locks than last year. Although, to be honest we did do a bit more sight seeing this year (and NOT the inside of the great Western Hospital, Swindon :lol: ).

So here are the stats:

Mileage 590mls (give or take a mile or so) Locks 395

For those of you following the secondary tail of aviation - I have now qualified on a Slingsby Firefly II and I am scheduled for another flight tomorrow (Mon 21st Dec). I have also flown an Airtest flight on a Strikemaster jet aircraft.