Fender Holders

Derek Porteous

Featured Posts

For a few years now, the fenders on my boat have been bothering me. They are attached by fender eye inlets which are difficult as I can never get quite the right length of rope to get them to be sit on the gunnels whilst underway, and protect the boat whilst moored.

Having looked at alternatives, I notice a number of boats which have the fenders attached to a bracket which slip onto the solid hand rail which runs on top of the cabin. The fenders sit on the roof out of the way when not in use, and are dropped down when moored. The bracket is a "square c" (if that makes sense). Everytime I ask the owners where they got them from, they tell me that they had made their own. I have had a google search for commercially available fender holders, but cannot find anything.

Anyone any idea where I can buy 4 or 6 of these fender holders?

Thanks,

Derek

PS I have a Liverpool Boat with a solid hand rail running the whole length of the boat.

I use hooks from Homebase or B&Q. They sell them as garage/shed hooks for hanging tools or bikes on a wall. Tie the fender on a longish rope and hang from the handrail. They cost 'pennies' so loosing them is no big deal.

For a few years now, the fenders on my boat have been bothering me. They are attached by fender eye inlets which are difficult as I can never get quite the right length of rope to get them to be sit on the gunnels whilst underway, and protect the boat whilst moored.

Having looked at alternatives, I notice a number of boats which have the fenders attached to a bracket which slip onto the solid hand rail which runs on top of the cabin. The fenders sit on the roof out of the way when not in use, and are dropped down when moored. The bracket is a "square c" (if that makes sense). Everytime I ask the owners where they got them from, they tell me that they had made their own. I have had a google search for commercially available fender holders, but cannot find anything.

We got some to use as spares at Sawley, but I have seen them in most chandleries.

R

Edited by Rogerh

Thanks,

Derek

PS I have a Liverpool Boat with a solid hand rail running the whole length of the boat.

Puffer Parts have these see:

http://www.pufferparts.co.uk/index.php?mai...dex&cPath=4

Side Fender Hooks -Pair

£10.50 Inc VAT

£9.13 Ex VAT

A PAIR OF SIDE FENDER HOOKS

We add some neoprene strip to do two things

1 to avoid scratching the paintwork

2 it makes them a wee bit tighter fit certainly on our Boat

Edited by Dalesman

Thanks for the usual prompt replies, guys.

We are returning to our home base of Ripon after our summer cruise to Bristol. We will be on the Leeds Liverpool Canal, so will pop into Puffer Parts (or B&Q) on the way.

Thanks again.

Derek

Edited by Derek Porteous