gas cookers for boats why so pricey?

Featured Posts

Yes, I've been on a NB before which is what made me decide it was the type of life I'd like to lead. I would have done it sooner but there was always 'fear' in making the decision but I'm now at a point where I'm thinking 'go for it' :lol:

But have you hired or been in charge of. Maybe hiring in the middle of the winter before jumping head first would be a better option. Boating isnt for everyone. Not that im trying to put you off. I just think hiring boats out of season shows that it isnt all rosey living aboard

Are you selling before buying boat? If so are you planning on living on the boat without a kitchen & bathroom, whilst having new ones built?

Sue

SG's hoping to buy Wrigglefinger's boat, I believe.

IF I get the boat I want (please God) then I'll be replacing the kitchen and bathroom and have already done the plans to ensure everything will fit :lol:

When you get your new oven let me know if the one you are replacing is a Stoves Vanette as I have broken the glass on the front door of mine and cannot find anywhere to source a replacement!

SG's hoping to buy Wrigglefinger's boat, I believe.

Yep, I am :lol: I'm going there Wednesday to pay the deposit.

Sueb, I'll be stopping with my Daddy whilst the work is done prior to me moving aboard.

Phylis, I don't need to live on a boat in the mid of Winter; I was brought up Victorian style with only one coal fire in the lounge. We had ice on the inside of our windows most Winters and no fitted carpet. It was like living in wind tunnel lol. Anyway, if I get too cold I'll pop my full length mink coat on :lol:

I can't believe the cr@p I'm getting just because I want a pretty oven and hob! girl_haha.gif

Just one more point about hob, you prob wont be be able to raise hob lid, if fitted, to a vertical position due to tumblehome so inbuilt auto gas shut off valve will need modifying.

The same problem can arise with the kitchen sink tap, due to the tumblehome and the gunwale coming in. I got round it by fitting my worktop up to the depth of the cabin side above the gunwale. This makes it stick out more, but you can reduce the width on the other side so maintianing the width of the working area.

The same problem can arise with the kitchen sink tap, due to the tumblehome and the gunwale coming in. I got round it by fitting my worktop up to the depth of the cabin side above the gunwale. This makes it stick out more, but you can reduce the width on the other side so maintianing the width of the working area.

Our first sink had the taps in the work surface to the right of the sink. Our B & Q sink has room for the taps at the back.

Sue

Yep, I am :lol: I'm going there Wednesday to pay the deposit.

Sueb, I'll be stopping with my Daddy whilst the work is done prior to me moving aboard.

Phylis, I don't need to live on a boat in the mid of Winter; I was brought up Victorian style with only one coal fire in the lounge. We had ice on the inside of our windows most Winters and no fitted carpet. It was like living in wind tunnel lol. Anyway, if I get too cold I'll pop my full length mink coat on :lol:

I can't believe the cr@p I'm getting just because I want a pretty oven and hob! girl_haha.gif

Soulgirl, I believe your Avatar is a bit deceptive :lol:

My personal Avatar is a pic of me at a recent northern soul weekender (my biggest passion). I think you'll find I'm trying to suck spilt beer from my cleavage with a straw... I'm a party girl! :lol:

Edit: the pink one to the left was designed for me for use on my personal website.

Edited by Soulgirl

As can be seen, I have removed a number of unnecessary posts. If members feel the need to call each other names, then please do it elsewhere. To those involved, please read the Forum Rules and Guidelines.

If I see a repeat of the childish nature of this afternoon's posts, those responsible may find their membership suspended or their ability to post severely restricted.

My apologies to those members whose posts I have necessarily removed because they referred to or included quotations from other posts that have been deleted.

As can be seen, I have removed a number of unnecessary posts. If members feel the need to call each other names, then please do it elsewhere. To those involved, please read the Forum Rules and Guidelines.

If I see a repeat of the childish nature of this afternoon's posts, those responsible may find their membership suspended or their ability to post severely restricted.

My apologies to those members whose posts I have necessarily removed because they referred to or included quotations from other posts that have been deleted.

Have you seen our friends new website?

Be grateful you didn't ask an electricky question! :lol:

omg! those will be coming later, and plumbing/gasfitting too.

i might do the carpentry related things but the sparky/plumby things are a bit of a closed book to me.

btw we are aiming to buy our sailaway in the next few months so i have a bit of time to research for myself but rest assured, "i'll be back" to spark some more lively discussion.

anyway, this has been really helpful so far.

cheers capn t

My personal Avatar is a pic of me at a recent northern soul weekender (my biggest passion). I think you'll find I'm trying to suck spilt beer from my cleavage with a straw... I'm a party girl! :lol:

Edit: the pink one to the left was designed for me for use on my personal website.

:lol: Apologies Soulgirl The photo in your profile, and avatar are clearly identifiable as the same person. :lol:

• 11 years later...
On 24/07/2009 at 00:24, Canal Shop Man said:

Here we go - bash the chandlers again. Suitable cookers for boats will cost the same if not more from caravan shops than chandlers - they all come from the same suppliers.

It's the fact that we want 'little' cookers (with FFD) that means there aren't many made which means they will be expensive.

Having said that we can offer standalone cookers suitable for boats from £275 - isn't that cheap enough??

Hi I’m after a lpg cooker 50 cm x 50cm. Full height