What glass art would you buy st the IWA?

Bon

Featured Posts

Having decided to get a stall at the riverside festival, i've realised i don't actually have a lot of stock so need to get my making head on.

I'll be selling my glass jewelry and have a plan to make some roses and castle pendants. Will be forced to make some skull and cross bones ones while i'm at it i think (you just cant beat skulls!) but what else would tempt you all to put your hands in your pockets? Coasters? Bowls? Clocks? Would they need to have a watery theme or is that too twee and just pretty things will work?

Oh and also, who do i talk to about booking the sun for the weekend???

Bon

Having decided to get a stall at the riverside festival, i've realised i don't actually have a lot of stock so need to get my making head on.

I'll be selling my glass jewelry and have a plan to make some roses and castle pendants. Will be forced to make some skull and cross bones ones while i'm at it i think (you just cant beat skulls!) but what else would tempt you all to put your hands in your pockets? Coasters? Bowls? Clocks? Would they need to have a watery theme or is that too twee and just pretty things will work?

Bon

Well I would buy porthole inserts Bon :lol: removable type ones or that could be opened... a bit like a screen?

God will answer your weather bookings, He has an answer phone but He doesn't always get back to you in time!

What glass art would you buy st the IWA?, Mostly for the girls, but boy input would be good too.

Bon

Hmmm, I misread that the first time!

Well I would buy porthole inserts Bon :lol: removable type ones or that could be opened... a bit like a screen?

God will answer your weather bookings, He has an answer phone but He doesn't always get back to you in time!

THE WEATHER WILL BE FINE

I have also been making stained glass for years. When I have to do a stall, which I don't often do now, I find mirrors are the best thing to do. They are quite quick to make as the centre is just glass, so you can concentrate on the border and that can be a nice watery theme. The first one I ever did had a waterlily in it.

I hope you do really well, I have looked at your site and your work is lovely. You have inspired me to get working with glass again, since I have been concentrating on painting recently. How about setting up a craft section on the forum to sell member's work?

Julie

"Having decided to get a stall at the riverside festival....."

Just to clarify.........are you doing the Riverside festival or the IWA?

Good idea about setting up a craft bit for forum members work!

"Having decided to get a stall at the riverside festival....."

Just to clarify.........are you doing the Riverside festival or the IWA?

Good idea about setting up a craft bit for forum members work!

Oh they are 2 different events? Ooops again....i had only had 1 cup of coffee when i posted. Maybe i should wait till i get to work for that kind of thing!

Bon

Oh they are 2 different events? Ooops again....i had only had 1 cup of coffee when i posted. Maybe i should wait till i get to work for that kind of thing!

Bon

Yep, Riverside is Notts, beginning of August, IWA is at Redhill this year, end of August, B/H weekend!

So, the answer is.......................................?

Oh! Wanna borrow one of my dragon eyes for display?

Edited by Ally

Yep, Riverside is Notts, beginning of August, IWA is at Redhill this year, end of August, B/H weekend!

So, the answer is.......................................?

Oh! Wanna borrow one of my dragon eyes for display?

Aha! I mean the IWA on the bank hol weekend.

Would be great to borrow the eye, still got the standy thingy?

Bon

I'm going to make some bottle clocks i think (melted flat bottles), i need some witty ......... O'Clock or ......... Time phrases. Like Beer O'Clock, or Cruisin Time.

Bring it on! :lol:

Bon

I'm intrigued to see this dragon's eye! I wish I could go but I'll be working I fear

It's brill! it's fused glass with glow in the dark bits in it.........eerie at night on the cut! :lol:

and the inside collars will be eye shaped to set them off!

Take a look on Bon's website to see them, if you can't get to the show.

I find mirrors are the best thing to do.

How about setting up a craft section on the forum to sell member's work?

Julie

I think the craft section is a great idea. (Not that I have an artistic bone in my body, but as a potential customer)

I would echo the thing about mirrors, because I was tempted by mirrors in a craft shop recently, not because I need one, but because they were lovely. I have a couple on the boat, and might well be tempted to swap one for a decorative one if I found a nice one.

Great idea about a craft section in the forum - but..

Would it be for items for sale from professional craftspeople, or things that amateurs had done? I don't think you'd want both in together. Obviously you can have subforums.

Another point, I know that there is a 'for sale and wanted' section on the forum, but what would be the implications for the site owner of any sales of crafted items?

Cath