Help Ive got the hots for a Springer

soldthehouse

Featured Posts

Liam's right. Get a survey.

If the hull is sound you could save yourself a decent amount of money that could then be spent on on an interior refit and still, probably, have change from the monies you would have spent getting a sailaway and a new fitout.

As Liam and Chris says, get a survey, if it's all sound then - what's the problem?

You could always get a sticker saying "My other boat is a Colecraft" :lol: (only picked Colecraft cause thats what i have)

Well, though I don't have one (I have something much older, though possibly more hysterical than historical), I have always admired Springers. They have a great no-nonsense unpretentiousness and admit in every part of their lines that they were built for canal cruising rather than, as so many boats do now, pretending that they are really converted working boat hulls. BUT, depending on the layout you want inside, you may find the hull shape restrictive (most Springers have sloping chines rather than flat bottoms, so your floor can't go right across the boat and still give you the headroom you can get in the middle).

Edited by Ewart Hodgson

Could be worse. I've got the hots for this

Clicky

Just working on the OH now. :lol:

The insidious subliminal pressure has finally moved you over to the dark side.

If I were to have a metal boat then this would be one of the few.

If you want shepherding back I have the perfect support boat......

The insidious subliminal pressure has finally moved you over to the dark side.

If I were to have a metal boat then this would be one of the few.

If you want shepherding back I have the perfect support boat......

She aint no sewer tube though :lol:

If i can convince the OH that this is the perfect boat i may take you up on the shepherding offer. He isnt as convinced as i am.