Bishops Meadow, Loughborough

Soulgirl

Featured Posts

BIt off topic but i was following the canal in loughborough and if you look here you can see what looks like an underwater narrow boat.

What's that all about then?

Probably BWs new secret weapon, 'Stealth Patrol Boat' . . .

. . . actually it is throwing up a shadow so it isn't under the water it is obviously a ghost!

. . . hang on! Ghosts don't have shadows . . .

Well it beats the 9.5k a year I pay on my current mortgage! :lol: The tender below mine was still over £2k!

WOW! painful mortgage!

Just hate the fact that us poor people don't get BW moorings anymore unless really lucky. Decided to stay where i am for now anyway.

Bishop Meadow seems like a nice spot tho, considered it mostly cause it's really close to where i work. decided to stay where i am tho cause i love my neighbours far too much to leave yet.

Bon

It's not a painful mortgage and I've got a good 80% equity also I've an ok paid job. However, it's remnants of my previous marriage so indeed, it's not a loan I would have taken out if it had just been me and the children.

The reason for me wanting a boat is to get rid of the mortgage and get any job in the area I choose to moor without 'needing' to have a well paid job if that makes sense. I just want to live an easy relaxed life.

Hark at me telling you all my stuff! girl_haha.gif

BIt off topic but i was following the canal in loughborough and if you look here you can see what looks like an underwater narrow boat.

I'll give heavens to betsy that's a working boat under conveniently dark cloths. You can make out what looks like wooden door panels if you zoom in further.

I'll give heavens to betsy that's a working boat under conveniently dark cloths. You can make out what looks like wooden door panels if you zoom in further.

And a life ring!! You don't see too many of those sunk! :lol:

nipper

Ahh memories!

When i clicked the link it took me to the exact spot where my widebeam was lifted in! If i hadn't already got a mooring then Bishop Meadow would have been high on my most wanted list. Very handy for the town and only an hour from the best bit of the river!

Kayak.

A prerequisite to mooring at Bishops Meadow is to have no sense of smell - its next door to a large sewage works which can get a bit smelly at times especially those balmy summer evenings when you want to sit outside your boat and enjoy a glass of something cool. Otherwise its Ok and Loughborough is not a bad place to be and we have good CWF banters!!

I saw that on the goole earth map! Bleurgh! :lol:

Never had a wiff at bishop meadow, but went to Pillings yeaterday and it stank! There a sewerage farm near Pillings? Or is it the llamas?

Bon

Ohyes, i forget it's in Quorn....being so close to Barrow and all that! Personally i'd rather live in a place named after a useful toilet carrying tool than fake meat....but each to their own :lol:

Ohyes, i forget it's in Quorn....being so close to Barrow and all that! Personally i'd rather live in a place named after a useful toilet carrying tool than fake meat....but each to their own :lol:

Hmmmmmm, think you'll find Barrow is named after a barrow as in a final resting place. Who knows what Quorn is really named after though!

Although we are near to our lovely sewage farm, I notice it as I drive past, especially on hot days, but very rarely on the marina in all fairness. More from the pump out when it's in use, but that's the same anywhere with a pumpout.