Residential Mooring...

Soulgirl

Featured Posts

There'll be no room for a man on my boat! Well, maybe for weekends :lol:

lol. i think i should of stoped drinking wine when i posted that, how embarising it reads the complete wrong way.

Never mind.

I think most women prefer the 'home comforts' of large living spaces and multiple wardrobes... I don't... and I hate shopping! :lol:

Could I register as another woman who can definitely live without shopping or 'home comforts'. I suspect there are more of us out here than you think! :lol:

Could I register as another woman who can definitely live without shopping or 'home comforts'. I suspect there are more of us out here than you think! :lol:

Well i shall join the register (but im sure most of you knew that anyway :lol: )

Hello All,

I've not been here in yonks but thought I would pop over for a browse!

This deal sounds exactly the same as mine, I put an ad in the for sale section saying I wanted a boat. Young Bramley PM'd me saying he had one..we went for a look and within a month it was a done deal. Only difference is I had to find a mooring but I was lucky and didn't have too much trouble even in London!

I've spoke to Bram a few times since and just noticed I've got a PM from him so I'd better go and reply..good luck!

Oh and by the way...chicks dig boats! :lol:

Today I sold my house! I'm sooo excited :lol: I'm off to Wrigglefingers on Wednesday to pay my deposit :lol:

Bl**dy H*ll that was quick, i'm so pleased for you. When you recently stated you were keen to get into boating asap i had my reservations as to you disposing of your house for ages.

Its all falling into place for you now.

Hope to hear that you have completed your purchase of the boat next!!

Congrats Soulgirl :lol:

Yay another female boater (who doesn't do shopping) to add to the ever growing list. It's a great life. You'll have a fab time :lol:

Haha

Chris cannot stand any shopping (she works in retail), i enjoy shopping :lol:

I may have to go shopping for some waterproofs though Sarah! And some wellies.... does this mean I have to grow the hair on my legs and such like as well? Or is it ok to be well groomed 'and' a boatie? :lol:

You can be anything you like and a boaty. There are a wide variety including rude ones.

Have fun and good luck

Sue

I may have to go shopping for some waterproofs though Sarah! And some wellies.... does this mean I have to grow the hair on my legs and such like as well? Or is it ok to be well groomed 'and' a boatie? :lol:

The best bit about being a boatie is just being you. You end up with all sorts of friends that you probably wouldn't even bump into on dry land, you automatically have boatiness in common and then you realise that there are some really interesting, funny, well travelled, different people that are just great to have as friends.

There was a guy Rob (hi if you happen to read this and get in touch because I've no idea where you are now! TR - have you heard from him at all?) who was in the merchant navy, I reckon he was in his 60s (sorry if you're reading this and you're not) and he had some amazing stories of his travels and was just someone who'd I'd happily choose to spend time with chatting over a cuppa and a smoke. In fact even when I moved away I'd make a point of driving past the marina to see if he was in, jump over the fence and knock on the boat demanding tea :lol:

Alys and Colin - in their early 70s, met in the RAF, live on their boat all summer, regularily travel to Sweden, have grandchildren coming up to my age and kinda adopted me into their family. I've not seen them for over a year but we keep in touch and I'm hoping to take a drive down to Cambridgeshire this weekend to pop in for a cup of tea. They are the most caring, considerate couple I've ever met.

Suddenly age really doesn't matter when it comes to friends!

Boatlife can be anything you want it to be. That's the joy and pleasure of living on a boat.