Voting for CC's

fender

Featured Posts

Now children play nicely...

I think the point has been lost here.

Some appear to be advocating that by cc`ing they are outside normal society and therefore should not contribute financially, yet still enjoy the beneficial side of belonging in a society - Police, Fire, Refuse, Water in the tap, S**t down the loo, etc. Also dont forget the local authority stop those nasty developers building the M7000 on the canal (joke!).

Others seem to feel that cc¬ers should pay each local authority they pass through!?!

I personally feel that cc`ers will have to pay a realistic charge and unless this is agreed voluntarily then surely it will be imposed.... :unsure:

Some appear to be advocating that by cc`ing they are outside normal society and therefore should not contribute financially, yet still enjoy the beneficial side of belonging in a society - Police, Fire, Refuse, Water in the tap, S**t down the loo, etc.

Others seem to feel that cc¬ers should pay each local authority they pass through!?!

I think the point has been lost here.

You seem to be right the point has been lost, though you, haven't found it.

I am not required to pay taxes on my income earned out of country, but I do pay taxes on income I have in the UK. As my UK address is still at my old house with my daughter I am not required to pay council tax individually. The same way that half of the adult population is not required to pay C/tax. I am not asking for anything for nothing. I contribute my share and always have done.

The Richards of this world are poking their noses in to other peoples business making out that they themselves are squeeky clean. Richard is far from clean and if he doesn't want his dirty laundry washed in public he really should keep his head down.

I personally feel that cc`ers will have to pay a realistic charge and unless this is agreed voluntarily then surely it will be imposed....

By the time licences have increased 147%, fuel has gone up 200%, and we start paying £1000 a year for C/tax, there won't be any CCer's left on the waterways so who are they going to impose a realistic charge on?

Edited by maffi mushkila

Back in the days of pole tax i was working in London and was paying the hotel each week for my lodgings.

I went down there on the first Monday of the month and stayed there till the last Friday coming back to Retford for a few days.

I argued that when i paid the hotel £30 per night they were paying business pole tax which had a amount built in it for this , so my £30 would include a amount to cover the tax in the area i was actually using it in and i in essence had paid my pole tax through the hotel.

Bassetlaw county council disagreed and took out a court summons for the pole tax they said i owed.

I lost and had to pay it.

29222[/snapback]

richie were you paying poll tax in reford and working in london? or were you working in london and going to retford for a few days each month and expecting not to pay any poll tax to anyone.

from what i can remember the first year poll tax came in the onus was on the council to collect from people who were in my b&b dosshouse,of course no one paid a penny even though they were all on benefits and only had to pay about 15 or 20% of poll tax due.

to put a stop to this non payment caper they changed the rules and put the onus on me "HOTEL PROPRIETOR" to collect the poll tax on their behalf.

i was not allowed to include poll tax on the HOTEL CHARGE "RENT"

none of my residents paid me rent it was paid direct to me by the council in full but the poll tax they claimed as benefit the council paid that direct to themselves.

the bottom line of the post is everyone knew the score about the poll tax,if you were liable you knew it and you knew to who you were liable to pay it to as well.

everyone of my residents probably went to court claiming one thing or another to avoid paying it,most of them never did pay it believing the debt would die after six yrs.i know some were still being asked to pay after six yrs ,f/off was the usual answer,it was all a great laugh at maggie,s expense.

they like you went to court and argued but they admitted they just did not want to pay maggie,s tax on living,they never said i believe everyone must pay for services they use and then scream all the way to the courts to avoid paying thier due,s which is what comes across to me in the posts you have made.

just an observation

I don't have an axe to grind eitherway on the CC debate. I have the time to CC but choose to have a house and a marina mooring instead. Which is both mine and everyone elses choice. What does annoy me though is that BW(though more probably the Gov) is pitting boater against boater here, it is divide and conquer, to be more exact. The facts are that any extra revenue will go on bloated salaries,expenses or pensions for the few. There is nothing whatsoever in this for any boater regardless of licence type.

Every boater should be against any increases in costs regardless of which sector is paying them. Before you know it we will have satelite tracking on narrowboats(like cars) if we are not watchful.

We also need to remember that not all local authority costs are covered by council tax, some come out of central taxation. So to say CC's pay nothing whatsoever towards local taxation is untrue. One could say gypo's and illegals also don't pay to the local charges either so why not pursue them? why just pick on an easy minority instead? Water and sewage are nothing whatsoever to do with local councils and are indeed included in the licence fee, they are not free. Likewise any skips provided for rubbish, they are also paid for out of BW licence fees.

maffi wrote,

Remember this, you used a tax fiddle to get your boat cheaper than most people so don't come the HOLY JOE crap with me. You are no different to the rest of us, screwing the system when it suits you. It's just that some of us are more honest about it.

I can't see the correlation here in your comments. There is a vast difference in reducing one tax liability through legitmate methods and avoiding paying tax. I find you remark to be very cheap indeed.

I have read all the postings from last night (its after midnight now) I feel its become too much of a slanging match. Take it easy and lets all have some fresher minds tomorrow, preferably a new thread this one is well off the original subject

:unsure:

Edited by fender

well david and julie i knew nothing about what was being hinted at by maffi but now thanks to yourselves i do and so does the world at large.

well done i hope you are happy with yourselves.

i should imagine it was pm,d so the whole world did not get to know.

your not big and your not clever

time for bed said zebberdee

ps i dont think the term gypo,s is pc or is it?

Edited by gaggle

Gaggle it is not a question of being happy with myself, it is more a question of being open and honest. I am not trying to be big or clever either. If you read my post I broadly agreed with Maffi's comments about CC's, I don't think they should be treated like this either.

I just don't agree with personal abuse of members, more so behind there back and maffi knows this full well as I have told him before in another personal message, on a different subject, which he sent to me.

To be quite honest I would rather just stop posting on here if it means getting involved in slanging matches like this.

maffi ,I will treat you second post as personal, but is there really any need for bad feeling between members, on a subject which is beyond our control.

I apologise if I have embarrased you it was not my intention and possibly gaggle is partly right, but I genuinely feel it wrong to say such things.

Quote Maffi.

Finish your boat and get on with your life. Don't you dare have the temerity to pass judgment on what I should pay while I get on with mine. It's really is none of your damned business!

O yes it is .

as a citizen of this country i and every other person have a moral duty to insure that you pay your dues as required to the state, by avoiding them it makes you no better than the (tow path trash) Your words....

Quote Maffi.

Remember this, you used a tax fiddle to get your boat cheaper than most people so don't come the HOLY JOE crap with me. You are no different to the rest of us, screwing the system when it suits you. It's just that some of us are more honest about it.[/size]

I know that you are peeved because you could not get this. but my boat was vat free TO THE LETTER OF THE LAW and i have it in writing from customs and excise stating it is vat free. it was not a tax fiddle it was a genuine tax free build, All the details were given to the inland revenue and they made the decision, and if done correctly still can be done.

As regards being honest i made no pretense as to what i was doing , and helped several people to do the same, the correct way,

You insinuate that i have something to hide, there are lots of things i would have done different if i had my time again, but i suspect that most would say that, but there is certainly nothing i have done that has either hurt anyone, or that i am ashamed of, and if you think you know different, post it for all to see, and at least allow me the opportunity to defend myself.

Gaggle.

Wrongly i thought i would not be paying pole tax to anyone for that year as i thought it was included in the hotel charges.

The hotel were paying business pole tax and it was obvious that that would be passed on it the charges to the customer so much per night. as i spent 90% + in there i assumed it would be covered by that but not so,

ok rich

but as i have said everyone was told the tax was on the person.

i am just glad that there were people like you who went to court otherwise it may well have stayed and the bitch thatcher could have remained.

you may not have been a rioter but every little bit helped :lol::D

as for this cc stuff lets concentrate on that now,no use anyone falling out.

lets all keep a cool biscuit

do you think a mini riot at an event like crick would grab bw,s attention and if so would you like to come

Edited by gaggle

O yes it is .

as a citizen of this country i and every other person have a moral duty to insure that you pay your dues as required to the state, by avoiding them it makes you no better than the (tow path trash) Your words....

:lol::D:D

Edited by Maffi

:lol:  :D  :D

*** me Richard I thought I was an ars* but you really are a professional.

You must have a miserable life that you have to become a super hero saving the world when the sun goes down :D

I reiterate, Get a life!

29326[/snapback]

The amount of time you spend on this site insulting other people, I suspect that it is you that needs to get a life Maffi.

The amount of time you spend on this site insulting other people, I suspect that it is you that needs to get a life Maffi.

Well you will excuse me for not going outmore often. Speeding boats and cyclists are the very least of my problems out here.

Of course if you think it's a walk in the park you are quite welcome to come out here and try it.

No not a S/H

Just an ars* like you.

But you make statements that are not right and get upset when everyone does not agree with you.

But yes i do beleive that EVERYONE should pay there contrebutions as required, as if not, that means if some dont the rest have to pay more to make up the shortfall, as said by someone earlier in this thread the police fire and ambulance are all funded by the rates. so would you not expect them to turn out if you do not pay?

Where as you, if someone does not agree with the all mighty Maffi, resorts to abuse. :lol:

Edited by Richard Bustens

Maffi, I don;t think you should be so rude towards Richard. He has his own views.. he has shared them.. so don;t go slinging him with abuse just because he doesn;t agree with your views.

Everyone is allowed their own opinion.

Edited by Sam

well david and julie i knew nothing about what was being hinted at by maffi but now thanks to yourselves i do and so does the world at large.

well done i hope you are happy with yourselves.

i should imagine it was pm,d so the whole world did not get to know.

your not big and your not clever

time for bed said zebberdee

ps i dont think the term gypo,s is pc or is it?

29309[/snapback]

Calm down Gaggle.. don't get over excited :lol:

Edited by Sam

I do feel that it would be a good idea for everyone involved could perhaps calm down a little or take the arguments to PM. This is an emotive subject and it appears that an agreement will never be reached, so perhaps it is nearing the time to close it.

Richard,

Despite the obvious fact that we have different political views, may I try asking a question - I mean surely do you realise that there is always a trade-off somewhere? Even a profitable business has to make a loss or have a negative trade-off somewhere.

Many things and services that we enjoy are paid by other groups (local councils, charities, Historic Buildings, even the National Trust) they may even be free because there are volunteers, or someone who is dedicated to providing a free service (like the Canalworld forum and in my case a website that I run.)

Some services are already paid for and it is sometimes too much to expect to pay more for them. Its a bit like having water meters - these were espoused as being 'cheaper' but many who had these installed wished they had kept the water rates instead.

Can we keep level headed? What do you feel about this? Its possible I wont even get any answers from you - but thats enteirely your choice.

said by someone earlier in this thread the police fire and ambulance are all funded by the rates. so would you not expect them to turn out if you do not pay?

:lol:

29329[/snapback]

Richard this is not aimed at you.

The ambulance service is not and never has been paid for from the 'rates /poll tax/council tax' it is paid for by the NHS which gets its money from central government.

The ambulance service is not an Emergency Service it is an essential service, the same as refuse disposal (maggies definition when in government).

The Ambulance Service is 'The emergency division of the health service'.

An example, when the phone lines went down, BT was contacted and they refused immediate repair because the service is not an emergency service.

Sorry to go Off-Topic.gif but a raw nerve was touched.

Edited by bottle

Fender

I dont quite understand where you are going.....

But all i have ever been saying is that people should pay for what they are expected to, and if not others are paying it for them.

IE: if the police need x amount of money to run to the level they want to that needs to be divided between every person to get a figure. if half of the people dont pay then the rest must pay twice as much to make up the shortfall.

If it is a requirement for everyone to pay for something then they should, if they are in a situation where they can not pay, no job, pensioners etc the amount will be adjusted and this will be allowed for, but just to say I'm on the move, no one will catch me, i just wont pay, that can not be right.

Rightly or wrongly i try to live my life by these rules and any other rules that are set, and if i can not have something i go without till i can get it or do it legally.

I dont want anyone paying for something for me that i can not afford, but equally i dont want to pay for something for anyone, who thinks (i just dont want to pay for that, let someone else pay it for me).

That makes them lower than a snakes belly.

Politics.

There is very little between left and right these days, and i believe in some of the agenda from both sides, but will now vote on the agenda not the party, the days when i us to vote for one party went 20+ years ago. i vote to my conscience, and what i believe in.

Just remember, that there is only so much money in the pot and the only way to put more in is to collect it by taxes etc.

You can not spend what you have not got.