Voting for CC's

fender

Featured Posts

At the risk of making many enemies.......  I do think you are all getting rather over-excited about something that really does have very little consequence.

How much notice do you think anyone is going to take of such a clearly unrepresentative poll?

Haven't you got anything better to do than get all upset about this?

29029[/snapback]

I wouldn't be suprised if BW are not watching this farse between these two sites as we type away! How can this poll be fair when the majority of cc's can't vote?

nbw has no shame whatsoever

dont visit the site

no hits on the site and it might die a slow and painful death,the kind of death a certain man deserves and i hope he gets.sooner rather than later.

29000[/snapback]

Hold on here.

I've been writing for this site for ages. Don't write us all off.

Even with all boaters having access to a PC the outcome would have been biased.

1360 CCer's and 26,000 Part time boaters. The poll was designed to get a 95%YES/5%NO result.

However last night I sent out a message to 50 friends and rellies with a please pass on tag. Had the poll lasted it would have been interesting to see what they would have said about a resounding NO vote

not going to get into a argument over this. but it can  not be right to do that for eyther side

So it should be done against  licance number of your boat, that should then stop cheating.... :unsure:

You don't have to get into an argument, Richard.

Do the poll against licence number and you end up with a totally unfair result.

1360 CCer's and 26,000 Part time boaters. The poll was designed to get a 95%YES/5%NO result.

On the CCAG with all members being CCer's the result would 100% NO, equally unfair.

Not all will vote to your thinkings, i did not, as i only want to see a small increase to CCers. about £100 to £150. to cover the extras not the silly 130 odd% they are talking about.

But i would like to see some form of council tax/ rates charged for the ones with no houses, and water rates etc. that i suspect a lot dont pay.

Dont forget that a lot of part time boaters will eventually become CCers and will vote accordingly

Edited by Richard Bustens

£100 to £150. to cover the extras not the silly 130 odd% they are talking about.

What 'extras'. And unless it has changed the figure is 147%

...........................But i would like to see some form of council tax/ rates charged for the ones with no houses, and water rates etc. that i suspect a lot don't pay.

Surely water is paid for in the licence and P/O fees are extra.

Next you will be asking that everyone over 18 should pay council tax.

If half the adults in the country don't pay council tax why are you picking on CCer's......................again.

Your insecurity about how others live their lives (legally) never ceases to amaze me.

Don't forget that a lot of part time boaters will eventually become CCers and will vote accordingly

Yes just as soon as they learn to see past the end of their nose.

I suspect that the number of PTB's that actually become CCer's will be quite a small %age. (the ones that already see the front of the boat)

Edited by maffi mushkila

We are all entitled to our own opinions and we are allowed to share those oppinions on this forum

Why slag off part time boaters?? If i remember rightly you currently only boat from time to time :unsure:

Edited by Sam

We are all entitled to our own opinions and we are allowed to share those oppinions on this forum

Why slag off part time boaters?? If i remember rightly you currently only boat from time to time :unsure:

It may have escaped your notice, Sam that I am doing just that, also we are allowed to try and influence opinions if we feel that they are ill informed and wrong in conception.

PTB's in the main are the reason that CCer's are in the current 'proposed' situation.

From day one of my arrival I have always said I was a CCer in the making. My whole focus for the last 3 years has been to achieve that. Whilst you could say I only go boating very occasionally there is not a lot of opportunity for boating here in the middle of the desert, but my time is nigh.

Edited by maffi mushkila

There does seem to be a lot of sour grapes on this subject, like Maffi I have been planning to beome a CC for the last five years or more and I was expecting to have to wait at least another five.

Through some bad health I have retired early and now it is all moving quicker, towards my goal, the boat is ordered but the build will not start till spring 2007.

I have costed the outlays with expected rises but now have to re-apraise the situation but I will CC even thogh the trips to the pub may be less.

If you are envious of our position you have a choice, join us and become a CC.or leave us alone to enjoy the way of life we want.

Yes we are lucky but we have worked for our luck, mine came earlier than planned.

If you are envious of our position you have a choice, join us and become a CC.or leave us alone to enjoy the way of life we want.

I would if i could and plan to in the future after uni and that lot...

But some of us can;t at the moment, however that doesn;t change my views on the matter of fees

We all,I believe, want to live as cheaply as possible.

At the moment there is 'one fee/licence' (yes there is more than one licence authority) that allows 'us' to place a boat on the water.

'We' then have a choice as to how we use the facilities, some are luckier than others in the way that they have arranged their lives and so can be a CC.

We all have choices to make in our lives so why should one part of society become pariahs just bcause through planning/luck they live different to us.

I do add a proviso here that all members of society should live by the rules. 1.gif

And what are the rules....

You are liable to pay council tax if you live on a boat, if you are in a live-board mooring you will have to pay and you will have to if you are on the move.

This is fact, i have just checked with the rating office.

How many do pay?

I presume that if you are eligible for a discount on land the same will apply on water.

Water rates I dont know, but i suspect you should pay for it after all you are using the the stuff 52 weeks of the year.and in far greater quantities than a PTB. who will have paid it in some form at his residence weather it be by meter or other methods.

The problem with you Maffi is that you have this big chip on your shoulder that says everyone is out to get you, and you think everyone is jealous of the way you want to live.

This is not the case.

We all do and live as we see fit and as the time changes so may the way we live, i will be a live aboard when the boat is finished and will travel the system as and when i please.

But i will not try to avoid paying for the services i use, like refuge collection, street lighting etc etc, expecting other people to pay it for me.

And what are the rules....

You are liable to pay council tax if you live on a boat, if you are in a live-board mooring you will have to pay and you will have to if you are on the move.

This is fact, i have just checked with the rating office.

How many do pay?

I presume that if you are eligible for a discount on land the same will apply on water.

Water rates I dont know, but i suspect you should pay for it after all you are using the the stuff 52 weeks of the year.and in far greater quantities than a PTB. who will have paid it in some form at his residence weather it be by meter or other methods.

The problem with you Maffi is that you have this big chip on your shoulder that says everyone is out to get you, and you think everyone is jealous of the way you want to live.

This is not the case.

We all do and live as we see fit and as the time changes so may the way we live, i will be a live aboard when the boat is finished and will travel the system as and when i please.

But i will not try to avoid paying for the services i use, like refuge collection, street lighting etc etc, expecting other people to pay it for me.

29213[/snapback]

Richard

How do you propose to pay for these services? Each council is responsible for the collection, if you are cruising through different areas who or which one are you going to pay? Pick one out of a hat.

CC's don't pay council tax, they are classed as itinerants, and I don't mean this in a derogatory manner. I have many friends who live on their boats either as CC's or on a permanent mooring and feel it is their choice and at times I must admit I do slightly envy their lifestyle. I am a PTB as Maffi so delicately put it and so choose to keep my bricks and mortar nowadays, although a few years ago I would have jumped at the opportunity to spend my days cruising.

29213[/snapback]

So you says boaters should pay for street lighting? heh heh!