p.o. box

Guest steve jenkin

Featured Posts

Guest steve jenkin

how do i set up some sort of postal address so i can register with a DR? i have dvt and need warfarin to keep me at me tiller! but stupid post office says i can only have a PO box if i have a resident address? why on earth would i need a PO box if i had a residence?

how do i set up some sort of postal address so i can register with a DR? i have dvt and need warfarin to keep me at me tiller! but stupid post office says i can only have a PO box if i have a resident address? why on earth would i need a PO box if i had a residence?

chris pink wrote about this on the forum some time ago - do a search and look for his posts, it is exactly what he has.... if my memory serves me well!

You don't need an address, to register with a doctor.

My doctor had the address "Bottom Lock, Hillmorton, Rugby" and then "The Puddlebanks, Wolfhampcote".

this is very true! I had a lot of trouble registering with my Dr, but I went to the top and managed to get registered with a work address. My friend however is registered with his boat, the canal. And that is it. They use the post code of the local pub, and phone him if they need to contact him. Hospital appointments get sent to the GP surgery or to his daughters house.

Guest steve jenkin

thanks folks, just sorting that mailboxes thingy, can get me fix again now, lol. like the idea of the boat, at uxbridge lock as an addy tho!! nice one

My doctor was unable to register me using my postal address in another county, so they put down the doctors surgery as my address. Confuses the chemist no end when you go along with a prescription,

Hi...

I don't tell them I have an address...and I use this :

http://www.postoffice.co.uk/portal/po/cont...ediaId=19100259

My little local post office at Brinklow is also happy for any mail to be sent for me 'care of the post office'

Bob

A PO Box is just a hidden address, rather than no address. It allows small firms (Often people working from home) to appear to be bigger or operate without the general public just coming to the door.

A friend of mine has one as he works from home. In his property deeds he is not allowed to use his property for commercial reasons. This has more to do with members of the public visiting the property. He was however allowed to use it as his office for incoming mail and phone calls, so the PO box got round the problem.

As someone has already pointed out, you do not need a residential address to obtain medication. Good luck with it. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

instead of a PO Box i use Mail Boxes Etc, www.mbe.co.uk/birmingham. there's one in most cities, Birmingham in my case. you get an address more like a 'proper' residence, you can call it Suite 123 for example. i use it for business too and it gives the impression of a prestigious address. and they sign for parcels and give you 24hr access to you post. bit more expensive than PO Box but from what i've read/experienced its worth it in long run.