My inverter packed up too

Frankieboy

Featured Posts

Our inverter packed up last night. when we went to switch it on, there were quite a few sparks and it got rather exciting for a minute. Only problem is I think it may be beyond repair by an electrician.

Was in the boat when we got it so don't know when it was purchased or if theres any waranty left.

Any suggestions?

Cheers

Frank

Our inverter packed up last night. when we went to switch it on, there were quite a few sparks and it got rather exciting for a minute. Only problem is I think it may be beyond repair by an electrician.

Was in the boat when we got it so don't know when it was purchased or if theres any waranty left.

Any suggestions?

Cheers

Frank

Only thing I would say...sorry if its obvious...is to check the stuff connected to it...and the circuitry with a test meter...in case it was short from something else.

Bob

Only thing I would say...sorry if its obvious...is to check the stuff connected to it...and the circuitry with a test meter...in case it was short from something else.

Bob

Good idea but even with a tester I would not be too sure whats going on (I'm not very electrical minded).

Only 240 volt wiring is for 3 plug sockets so will check the sockets that wired up ok. In theory, the cabling running from where the inverter is to the sockets should be just a length of cable that hopefully shouldnt go wrong.