honda gx200 stephill

tnewson

Featured Posts

Hi there,

I have a Honda gx200 Stephill generator 6.5hp and produces 3.4kva. My problem is that it will start, rev fine and then it cuts off in exactly the same way every time as if its making itself turn off... I've tried all the obvious things and it has petrol, i've stripped and cleaned the carb, new plug, new filters fuel and air, topped up the oil. It has compression and sounds fine when its running before it started...

It was running fine last week for about 40 minutes and then turned itself off..

Any help is much appreciated:D

tom

Hi there,

I have a Honda gx200 Stephill generator 6.5hp and produces 3.4kva. My problem is that it will start, rev fine and then it cuts off in exactly the same way every time as if its making itself turn off... I've tried all the obvious things and it has petrol, i've stripped and cleaned the carb, new plug, new filters fuel and air, topped up the oil. It has compression and sounds fine when its running before it started...

tom

Does it perhaps have the new obligatory functionality that causes it to shut down if you are trying to run it after 8:00 pm ?

Sorry - coat please !

Hi there,

tom

It would be worth checking the oil level, most of these engines have an automatic stop when the oil is low and when started the oil that circulates the engine lowers the level in the sump just after it is started.

Regards

Arnot

PS This function has caught me out a couple of times until I remembered...

Edited by Arnot

It would be worth checking the oil level, most of these engines have an automatic stop when the oil is low and when started the oil that circulates the engine lowers the level in the sump just after it is started.

Regards

Arnot

PS This function has caught me out a couple of times until I remembered...

I agree, my GX340 also on a Stephill (5kVA) starts then cuts out if the oil level is below the maximum mark, particularly when the weather's cool. Since being caught out, I now keep the oil level about 1/4" above max.

Also make sure that the unit is started on a level surface.

Roger

wow cool, ill be chuffed if its somthing as simple as that :lol:!

Ill give it a go!

thanks very much!

Tom

Let us know, won't you...

Regards

Arnot

Hi there,

tom

Check that you have enough oil in the engine if not top it up if it sill shuts down then disconnect the wires that come out of the side of the engine block, this will take the oil float out of line, then start the engine. be aware that you will have no low oil protection.

Have fun

Tony