thieves about II

honey ryder

Featured Posts

just incase anyone had anything swiped recently along the bit near Springfield marina.

I had my bike security cable cropped last night by some organised scooter-riding wanna-be thieves.

I dont know if I was targeted because my bike looks pretty or if they were on the prowl looking for an easy target.

they didnt get my bike this time, but they may be back, Im guessing they know the area given the speed they sped off at down the towpath.

im keeping a watch out (and camera at the ready) for any scooters heading down the towpath.

Hmm, I'm moored near the filter beds and I heard someone tearing past on a motorbike or scooter twice late last night - I wonder if it was the same person checking out the boats further down the river from Springfield? I heard a boat here got burgled recently. A shame that it's getting dodgy around these parts.

Hi

I don't have any bikes to worry about but I do have a generator.

Just came across these by accident http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Motorbike-ALARM-Chai...1QQcmdZViewItem

There are a few others for sale on the web with varying prices.

Has anyone come across these before?

Good or bad?

Cheaper that getting a bike or genny pinched.

GB

Hi

I don't have any bikes to worry about but I do have a generator.

Just came across these by accident http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Motorbike-ALARM-Chai...1QQcmdZViewItem

There are a few others for sale on the web with varying prices.

Has anyone come across these before?

Good or bad?

Cheaper that getting a bike or genny pinched.

GB

We modified a locker to fit our genny inside and also so we could chain it in there with an Abus motorcycle lock. Then we called our insurers and got it added onto the policy. I think the main thing is with a genny, don't have it on show.

They are not fussy what they swipe either around Springfield

When we were moored across from the marina the other month i put my shopping down to pull the boat in, a guy on a bicycle rode past grabbing up one of the bags and had the cheek to smile at me as he done it, i could not believe it especially as i was just feet from him and it was almost 10 pm. I was so glad i did not put my handbag down with them so he only got just over £40 of argos stuff.

Edited by Shary

That's Hackney for you, whether you are in a boat or a house, it's bonkers!

Friend of mine lives next door to Hackney cop shop, witnessed a stolen car crash into the bus stop opposite her flat, late one night. The occupants had an argument outside the car, then ran off. It took 20 mins for the cops to notice and they sent an officer to 'guard' the car. While he was standing there, another passerby came along and stole the car radio without him noticing. She was watching all of this from her fourth floor window.

In the morning, when she got up, the car was still there but now sported a spraypainted a penguin on the windscreen (to look as if it was driving) and had 'Percy' written down one side on the doors.

Back on topic - but seriously, do report any incidents to the cops, the ones near me, I've found are actually pretty good if you encourage them. We had burglars up in Tottenham over Christmas - attempted boat break-ins and lock cottages broken in, they have stepped up patrols since then, they tell me this kind of crime has gone up, but only if people report it can they tackle it. Same with BW, unless they know what's going on, they can't do anything about it. If you are moored in Lee Valley Parks, it's often worth getting to know the ranger, they like to know about any motorcycling on the marsh etc, so they can step up patrols. Infact one of my boater neighbours is a volunteer for them.