Historic Collections

Featured Posts

He has a newly calibrated josherometer.

Can it reliably detect the difference between "Josher bows" and "not very Josher like bows" ?

If so it may be best to keep it away from a few members boats - we wouldn't want to upset them !

Can it reliably detect the difference between "Josher bows" and "not very Josher like bows" ?

If so it may be best to keep it away from a few members boats - we wouldn't want to upset them !

Depends if it has the fan of bow-profile templates in the handle. Good ones have a rivet gauge too.

Richard

The half a josher is the back end of a butty malcolms got, lets have a go at naming all other 9 shall we?

Correct. I counted Union Rose as a half as it is a cut down butty with the original back end now the fore end - a bit like Josher butty Forward which now goes backwards!

As my comment was about joshers I could see from here I could have included another on the Polish webcam but that might be pushing it!

I could name them as I can see but that would be no fun.

Antarctic

Pedantic I know but its Antartic, some brummy spelt it wrong 170 years ago

Correct. I counted Union Rose as a half as it is a cut down butty with the original back end now the fore end - a bit like Josher butty Forward which now goes backwards!

As my comment was about joshers I could see from here I could have included another on the Polish webcam but that might be pushing it!

I could name them as I can see but that would be no fun.

I think somebody is showing off :lol:

I can only count six Yarwoods-built boats from where I am, five full length and one a Josher, plus a Bantock and a very classy Joshers imitation. Not from a pub window, though, no time for that :lol:

Tim

Edited by Timleech

I can only count six Yarwoods-built boats from where I am, five full length and one a Josher, plus a Bantock and a very classy Joshers imitation. Not from a pub window, though, no time for that :lol:

Tim

Excellent, we'll ignore the bantock though eh?!

Tim

Cant compete with that - of the seven working boats here at the moment three are Yarwoods built and only one a josher :lol:

A pair of Little Woolwiches, one middle northwich, one river class butty and a josher motor just gone through (does that count, they did stop to oil up!!). :lol:

Out of that, one waiting for orders, one waiting for a towing job, one ready to live on and one en-route to rallies lol

Regards to all,

Edited by Hyperion 53