Making home brew on board

Michele

Featured Posts

I'd have got my cat to p1ss in your glass, for a quid.

Would have tasted nicer, too!

As I said Real Ale was off, had the car, wanted something weak and cold!

It certainly makes my set-up look rather pathetic

PB09051703.jpg

Hi Moley, what a great set up! I would love to get my own narrow boat one day but id have to get rid of my all grain brewery set up. Its 7ft high!

Your photo as inspired me Moley, an all grain set up on a narrowboat. Im a member of the Craft Brewers Assosiation and we are all brewers like yourself, your very welcome to join us, I think its a about £15 a year, you get 6 news letters a year with loads of hints and tips, reviews and storys etc. Your very welcome to come along to our bi monthly meetings, depending where your moored up and the changing Saturday meeting locations. Next month we are at the Spire Brewery Chesterfield.

Im not pushing you there Moley, Its just so good to see a boater with the same interests.

Cheers keep up the good work.

Steve.

It's not hard to see why the likes of Wetherspoons are doing so well - I was drinking in one in central Guildford yesterday where the cheapest, (but perfectly acceptable) beer was just £1-29 a pint, with a selection of stronger ones at around £1-59 to £1-79.

That is a good point and they probably overall make more profit than those charging more than twice that.

On the subject of home brewing I remember doing it 20 years ago but depite a lot of effort the results were just not worth it - the product tasted well cr@p to be honest. I'm guessing it was my incompetence but am wondering have the kits got any better now?? is it easier to make a decent pint or just as hard as I found all those years ago.

Edited by MJG

Hi Moley, what a great set up! I would love to get my own narrow boat one day but id have to get rid of my all grain brewery set up. Its 7ft high!

Your photo has inspired me Moley, an all grain set up on a narrowboat.

Sorry Steve, that's in a house :lol:

Although I really can't see any reason why I couldn't take that gear onboard (as long as I sent Mrs. Mole out for a few hours).

A 7ft high set-up could be a problem though :lol:

MJG: Kits seem far better now that I remembered from 15 - 20 years ago, although it's worth spending a bit more on extra malt extract instead of granulated sugar. I've brewed 5 kits before I graduated to AG and they have all turned out quite acceptable for very little effort :lol: