Yet Another Missing Boat!

Moley

Featured Posts

Please will all forum members be on the lookout for NB Aquagem - no, PortaPotti - damn! Carrie~Lou.

Last known whereabouts somewhere in the vicinity of Napton.

I have it on good authority that two occupants are due back at w**k next Tuesday but have decided not to return the boat and have camouflage paint at the ready. Occupant known as Dave, (aliases are thought to include ST170DWL and Postcode) is now understood to be clean-shaven, and his partner in crime, possibly now blonde, could be using the names Jan or Rose or Peggy Sue.

I understand that they were contemplating re-naming the vessel Holly, but have been advised that many forum members are still looking out for a craft of that name (the Moles have spotted her moored within yards of her home base at Middlewich - the audacity of some people) and that Que Sera Sera might be a more suitable name as no-one would give a damn if they saw a boat of that name.

I will try to locate photos of the vessel and reprobates in question.

Please report any sightings here.

Thank you.

I have it on good authority that two occupants are due back at w**k next Tuesday but have decided not to return the boat and have camouflage paint at the ready. Occupant known as Dave, (aliases are thought to include ST170DWL and Postcode) is now understood to be clean-shaven, and his partner in crime, possibly now blonde, could be using the names Jan or Rose or Peggy Sue.

She'll never get away with it - I mean she'd have to hide away the Gucci frocks and the Jimmy Choos, not to mention the YSL windlass.......they can run but they can't hide!

:lol:

Further to the above, I am unable to locate images of the boat or the male believed to be involved at this time, but the female is pictured here at a meeting of Canalcoholics Unanimous (extreme right of photo), and again below, still carrying alcohol, misappropriated from another vessel.

Jan01.jpg

Jan02.jpg

It appears that she is one step ahead of us - she's ditched the Gucci already and although the pics were taken before the peroxide was used, you can clearly see that YSL is still in use - giving the game away! Old habits die hard!

:lol:

Ahhhh, based on the clues in the photos, the perpetrators appear to have an excessive requirement for "refreshment" ... I therefore propose the following cunning plan to locate the missing craft;

1. CWDF members to stake out all waterside pubs and Inns and any other licensed premises, preferably in disguise as boaters sitting at outside tables, no matter the weather, so that the waterway can be monitored at all times by peeking over the rim of a pint pot.

2. If there are more waterside pubs than CWDF members then I'm afraid there's nothing for it but for each member to take on the arduous task of visiting as many waterside pubs as possible.

3. Time is of the essence ! So please, please, get out there and start drinking erm searching.

... I'm sure if we all pull together and stick with the plan, the culprits will eventually come to us, rather than forum members having to spend months treading the towpaths of little-used arms and backwaters like the Thames and the Manchester Ship Canal

The lady (?) in question has also been known to blatantly use working side-pounds. So be on the look for someone that looks like they know what they're doing with them ...

7ace9f50.jpg

Note the change of colours since the previous photo. Given that we understand that the upper paintwork (the hair) may well have changed sinced, also keep an eye out for someone hiding under a bridge with paint pots ...

Living here in the States puts me at a disadvantage. I can however drink a large quantity of ale while surfing the CW forums, If anyone thinks that will help. I might even stare at a canal webcam every once in a while.