QUE SERA SERA STOLEN BOAT

NB Alnwick

Featured Posts

The information topic regarding the theft of NB QUE SERA SERA has been removed because it contained unfounded speculation and allegations that, in my opinion, would not have helped the owners to recover their property nor would it have helped the good name of this forum and its contributors.

I have opened this new topic for positive and helpful reports and discussion of sightings or similar evidence only - speculative and 'off-topic' postings will be removed by the 'Site Crew' without further explanation.

Post edit notes:

Non-topical posts have been removed to keep this thread as concise and relevant as possible.

Here is a link to the Jon's announcement which includes photographs and detailed descriptions:

http://www.canalworld.net/forums/index.php...p;f=6&id=12

Here is a link to the poster which is available to download in pdf:

http://www.canalworld.net/queseraseraposter2.pdf

Thanks to 'Scotty' and 'churchward' for reminding me of these important links.

Edited by NB Alnwick

From Jon's Announcement with some photo's

If anyone has any information then please contact the owner (Carole) on 07825331217 or contact Staffordshire Police on 0300 123 4455, quoting crime number XA-17173 2009

As far as I know, this is still the correct crime. I know other forces have been involved in the enquiry now as well (due to reported sightings outside Staffordshire)

Here are some of the pictures by another forum member that may be more helpful in comparing to other Liverpool Boats.

I think window and hatch layout, in addition to spacing, is part of the clue.

Combined with the Picture Roger published, we have a fairly good idea of the left hand side. Unfortunately there don't seem to be any good pictures, side on, of the right hand side. Again I would suggest that it is in the owner's best interests to provide some.

gallery_8111_450_61175.jpg

gallery_8111_450_52044.jpg

gallery_8111_450_72012.jpg

Edited by alan_fincher

I could be wrong here, but looking at what is visible of the right side, it appears as if the area opposite the 3rd window on the left side, is occupied by a hatch rather than a window.

An update on my possible sighting last week, is that there is a post about batteries from the owners of NB Wildfowl in Cambridge, apparently they have been away for a while, which is why I didn't recognise the boat. It also ties in with Jim Sheads site, so another one eliminated!

Roger

found this on ebay

might be worth checking it out

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/60ft-Taditional-Narr...bayphotohosting

check the kitchen picture is that not the boat pictured on the outside?

I must be missing something.

It would take very substantial surgery to change the boat in the QSS pictures into that, wouldn't it ?

I may be wrong, but from that crap picture it doesn't even have the "Liverpool Boats" look to me.

the only reason i posted it was the window and side door arrangement, couldn't enlarge the pictures to see full details and also the poster has "2 boats to sell" plus the anomaly of the pictures as previously stated still think it might be worth checking out for these reasons.

kev

also if he has 2 to sell why are there only pictures of supposedly only 1 boat?

Edited by hamsterfan

the only reason i posted it was the window and side door arrangement, couldn't enlarge the pictures to see full details and also the poster has "2 boats to sell" plus the anomaly of the pictures as previously stated still think it might be worth checking out for these reasons.

kev

I DID SEE A PLAIN BLUE BOAT BEING TOWED JUST ABOVE WELSH ROAD LOCK COMING UP TOWARDS BASCOTE LOCKS WITH A WEE SMALL GREEN BOAT BEING TOWED BEHIND , I AM NO EXPERT AND I MAKE NO ACCUSATIONS TOWARDS THE INNCOCENT ! THIS WAS LAST MONDAY EIGHT DAYS AGO ROUGHLY?

I DID SEE A PLAIN BLUE BOAT BEING TOWED JUST ABOVE WELSH ROAD LOCK COMING UP TOWARDS BASCOTE LOCKS WITH A WEE SMALL GREEN BOAT BEING TOWED BEHIND , I AM NO EXPERT AND I MAKE NO ACCUSATIONS TOWARDS THE INNCOCENT ! THIS WAS LAST MONDAY EIGHT DAYS AGO ROUGHLY?

THE BLUE BOAT WAS TOWING THE WEE GREEN BOAT, THE MAN IN THE GREEN BOT WAS A MANK!(MANCHESTER) SMALL FELLA CHIRPY ATTITUDE

THE BLUE BOAT WAS TOWING THE WEE GREEN BOAT, THE MAN IN THE GREEN BOT WAS A MANK!(MANCHESTER) SMALL FELLA CHIRPY ATTITUDE

I HOPE THIS HELPS YOU FIND YOUR LOST ONES?

Didn't have dreadlocks, by any chance?

The description fits a well known boating 'ensemble' often seen in and around the Rugby/Braunston/Watford areas. Nevertheless, well worth checking out.

Edited by NB Alnwick

I read it that he has 2 boats, and only needs one, which is why he is selling one.

The windows in QSS are set very low down the cabin side, with very little cabinside between them and the gunwale. The boat pictured in the e-Bay advert has it's windows set much higher. I can see very few similarities.

I can't see someone converting QSS from cruiser stern to trad stern, frankly.