New member with new project

olly+molly

Featured Posts

Bonjour,

I don't know how you are sending your messages but the lines disappear off the side of the screen which makes them very difficult to understand. If you now own Me N Thee there is no problem. If it is in France you will have to register it there of course.

Je ne sais pas comment vous envoyez vos messages, mais les lignes disparaissent sur le côté de l'écran, ce qui les rend très difficiles à comprendre. Si vous possédez maintenant Me N Thee, il n'y a pas de problème. Si c'est en France il faudra bien sûr l'y immatriculer.

Tam

P.S This now appears on three threads - Build Blogs, New to Boating, and General Boating - so it is very confused.

Edited by Tam & Di
Postscript

4 hours ago, Gautier said:
Hello, I'm French (computer translation), I bought an English river boat, Creighton 27 from (1976 marked on the deed of sale), I made the sales papers with the seller who he had done them 9 years earlier with an Englishman living in France.
 Then he stored it in the fields without ever doing the administrative procedures.
I have in my possession, the deed of sale of the seller and English.
There is the name of the boat on the hull ME'N'THEE, the papers were made with this name. there is no registration number!
Today I would like to have the boat's registration card.
"the certificate of radiation from the English flag"
How can I proceed,
Do you have any information on the manufacturer? Technical details of these boats, thank you in advance, Gautier Vincent

Here is Gautier's first post, with the crazy formatting stripped off:

"Hello, I'm French (computer translation), I bought an English river boat, Creighton 27 from (1976 marked on the deed of sale), I made the sales papers with the seller who he had done them 9 years earlier with an Englishman living in France. Then he stored it in the fields without ever doing the administrative procedures. I have in my possession, the deed of sale of the seller and English. There is the name of the boat on the hull ME'N'THEE, the papers were made with this name. there is no registration number! Today I would like to have the boat's registration card. "the certificate of radiation from the English flag" How can I proceed, Do you have any information on the manufacturer? Technical details of these boats, thank you in advance, Gautier Vincent"

• Greenie 1

11 minutes ago, MtB said:

Here is Gautier's first post, with the crazy formatting stripped off:

"Hello, I'm French (computer translation), I bought an English river boat, Creighton 27 from (1976 marked on the deed of sale), I made the sales papers with the seller who he had done them 9 years earlier with an Englishman living in France. Then he stored it in the fields without ever doing the administrative procedures. I have in my possession, the deed of sale of the seller and English. There is the name of the boat on the hull ME'N'THEE, the papers were made with this name. there is no registration number! Today I would like to have the boat's registration card. "the certificate of radiation from the English flag" How can I proceed, Do you have any information on the manufacturer? Technical details of these boats, thank you in advance, Gautier Vincent"

From the three parallel running threads it seems that the poster in France has purchased the boat Me n Thee that Wayne (known as W+T to us now but also olly+molly the OP of this thread) purchased back in 2009. Wayne confirmed that the boat had gone to France after he sold it. As the boat was never registered in France and we are now in post-Brexit days and there is no build paperwork, no original bill of sale/VAT receipt etc I fear that this could be a tricky/expensive  exercise. Do Creighton's have build plates on them, hull numbers or year of build marked on them somewhere? Don't know but a lot of GRP boats from that era did and it would be the first thing to look for to get started on formally confirming its age and details of dimensions etc. for French authorities.

Thanks MtB for the readable version of the post. Unfortunately Google Translate has not helped matters, and Vincent's (his first name) requirements are still a little ambiguous. I'm not sure what information/paperwork is required to register a boat in France, but if it went there in 2009 that was long before Brexit, and if he can show that he will at least avoid the problems for VAT etc that it has caused. Perhaps he has pre-Brexit photographic evidence of it. As said, private pleasure craft in the UK do not have to be registered, so there is no existing UK certificat d'enregistrement that he must have cancelled before registry can be carried out in France.

Tam

Edited by Tam & Di

There is one advertised for sale on the Internet https://boats-from.co.uk/not-specified/creighton-27ft-canal-cruiser-boat-566796

If you contact them they may be willing to give you the information you require.

Il y en a un annoncé à la vente sur Internet. Si vous les contactez, ils seront peut-être disposés à vous donner les informations dont vous avez besoin.

Cordialement

Tam

Edited by Tam & Di
Can't spell the English !!

If you precede their name with an "@" the forum software will recognise it and alert them that you have mentioned it like this -- @Gautier

When you have been here a certain length of time (not sure what but you can look it up in the rules), you can send a private message (hover the mouse over their user-name and click "message" in the subsequent pop-up)

If they give their location, you can go there and walk about shouting, but this might get you arrested at best.

the starter of this thread hasn't been on the forum for seven years, so you might have trouble there

On 07/10/2022 at 16:45, Tam & Di said:

For reference that website is just old boat listings scraped off the internet, and kept up long after the boat has actually been sold.

My boat is on there. From when the previous owner first tried to sell it in 2016 (tbf, I actually found that useful because that ad was much more informative than the broker)

1 hour ago, buccaneer66 said:

This will get @W+T attention

Swerving off at a tangent, it may not. 

I never get notifications formatted like that. I occasionally see them in threads (@MtB) but they never arrive anywhere I'd notice them. Are they supposed to come as an email? Or a PM? Or what?

11 hours ago, MtB said:

Swerving off at a tangent, it may not. 

I never get notifications formatted like that. I occasionally see them in threads (@MtB) but they never arrive anywhere I'd notice them. Are they supposed to come as an email? Or a PM? Or what?

11 hours ago, buccaneer66 said:

it usually seems to work

Mine all go to a spam filter on my email server... I haven't checked the address registered on here, but they go to a filter separate from my normal addresses. I was looking at something on the server a month or so ago and found hundreds of 'em

ETA - just checked my account - it is a valid address, but not one that is currently linked to my Outlook client so I don't get the emails... the software is working perfectly

Edited by Bacchus

13 hours ago, buccaneer66 said:

This will get @W+T attention

Hi there. 

So, what a blast from te past and good to see the boat again, all though its looking worse for ware. 

I have been intouch with Vincent. he found me by phone somehow. 

Anyway, i have been looking for old pictures of the boat but i no, longer have any but for what on the internet. I am trying to find the index number but back then it was under BW as it was 2010 when it got its BSS so not long after it got is index number.I dont know if CRT used/use BW numbers. CRT are no help as Vincent has been in touch with them.

20 minutes ago, W+T said:

Hi there. 

So, what a blast from te past and good to see the boat again, all though its looking worse for ware. 

I have been intouch with Vincent. he found me by phone somehow. 

Anyway, i have been looking for old pictures of the boat but i no, longer have any but for what on the internet. I am trying to find the index number but back then it was under BW as it was 2010 when it got its BSS so not long after it got is index number.I dont know if CRT used/use BW numbers. CRT are no help as Vincent has been in touch with them.

You set me down a thought trail with that, CRT simply uses the same number as BW did and they don't expire, so if a boat went off BW waters and didn't come back for decades, onto what are now CRT waters, it keeps the same number. This happened with ours last autumn when it was licenced by CRT for the first time since 2007.

There is a searchable record on CanalPlan but whilst ours shows up (which shows it works), Me and Thee doesn't so far as I can see. I tried searching on 'Thee' and got several boats but none with the right details.

https://canalplan.org.uk/boats/boats.php

Was there a previous name or @StephenA are there archived records somewhere which wouldn't show up on a search?

Alec

Edited by agg221
I also searched on Creighton as the builder which does not pull up any similar looking names, although it does identify several Creighton 26s.

32 minutes ago, agg221 said:

You set me down a thought trail with that, CRT simply uses the same number as BW did and they don't expire, so if a boat went off BW waters and didn't come back for decades, onto what are now CRT waters, it keeps the same number. This happened with ours last autumn when it was licenced by CRT for the first time since 2007.

There is a searchable record on CanalPlan but whilst ours shows up (which shows it works), Me and Thee doesn't so far as I can see. I tried searching on 'Thee' and got several boats but none with the right details.

https://canalplan.org.uk/boats/boats.php

Was there a previous name or @StephenA are there archived records somewhere which wouldn't show up on a search?

Alec

We don't archive - we keep all the names on the same Id and note them as other names.

2 hours ago, Bacchus said:

Mine all go to a spam filter on my email server... I haven't checked the address registered on here, but they go to a filter separate from my normal addresses. I was looking at something on the server a month or so ago and found hundreds of 'em

ETA - just checked my account - it is a valid address, but not one that is currently linked to my Outlook client so I don't get the emails... the software is working perfectly

So the notification arrives as an email according to my CWF config page.

I've had a good look through my email mailboxes including the spam box and I can't find it. Or more accurately, any of the several dozen I've noticed over the years in posts.

It's not important enough to expend any more time on, but puzzling all the same.

Edited by MtB
Add a bit.