New member with new project

olly+molly

Featured Posts

Hi all, my name is Wayne and my other , should i say better half is Tracey, just got ourselves a wee project which i hope to be done for next summer`ish :lol:

had a few canal cruisers in the past, thing was we bought a house so needs must back then, anyway i just gave up on building off road 4x4`s and came across this which i couldnt let go at the price, as you can see it needs a bit of work so will be hopeing you folk will help out along the way.

Well a few pics

tn_IMG_0003.jpg

tn_IMG_0001.jpg

tn_IMG_0004.jpg

tn_IMG_0010.jpg

tn_IMG_0008.jpg

If anyone can tell me what make this is i would be greatrful as i am finding it difficult.

W+T :lol:

Thanks for the welcome .

Is the Creighton a good one then, i beliveve some are as better than others, i used to have a Burland, now that was a good one by some, i noticed that the Burland was double lined, as had a foam inner, this one is single skin.

Still whatever i cant wait unitll is ready for the off.

Welcome!

Fuzzyduck will probably be along to correct me but it looks a lot like a Creighton 26, to me.

Thanks kida, thats the one, just googled Creighton, not much came up but it verified what it is :lol:

Wayne :lol:

Whomever or whatever Carl is I have my doubts as to whether he is a "kida"

PS I know that Carl will defend to the death your right to call him what you want, I generally see him very much as the 'spirit guide' of CWF

"kida", "young man" and now "spirit guide"! My head will soon have out-swollen my finger!

Creightons are very nice, chunky cruisers, btw, I used to have a 32. Same as yours with a slightly bizarre sun deck on the back, perfect for catching some rays, on those balmy summer days, on the Stainforth and Keadby.

"kida", "young man" and now "spirit guide"! My head will soon have out-swollen my finger!

Creightons are very nice, chunky cruisers, btw, I used to have a 32. Same as yours with a slightly bizarre sun deck on the back, perfect for catching some rays, on those balmy summer days, on the Stainforth and Keadby.

Hi `kida` :lol: , seen some of them 32`s when i googled for the boat, like them a lot, like you say about the rear deck, that would be sorted for the long summer evenings, i will have to settle for balancing on the rear roof :lol:

journeyperson, seen that one mate, looks tidy, i have a different set out though, not to keen on the front set out, very small galley, i will fitting a shower in the rear as you step into the rear cabin with the loo and sink at either side.

Shame i need to sort the ourside first, thats the boring bit to me, i cant wait o sort the inside out.

Wayne

Fuzzyduck will probably be along to correct me but it looks a lot like a Creighton 26, to me.

Fuzzyduck concurs, but would like to add that they are good looking boats, and that one looks like it will smarten up nicely.

• 5 years later...

hi wayne ..i have just bought a 27ft creighton which just looks like yours ,and was wondering how you have got on with it , i am considering putting a 1.5 bmc engine in her as it has a outboard yamaha which is a bit tired..what do you have if you dont mind me asking ..thanks john

hi wayne ..i have just bought a 27ft creighton which just looks like yours ,and was wondering how you have got on with it , i am considering putting a 1.5 bmc engine in her as it has a outboard yamaha which is a bit tired..what do you have if you dont mind me asking ..thanks john

You are commenting on a very old thread. The OP hasn't logged on since 2009 so you are unlikely to get an answer.

• 4 years later...

Wayne is still a member and last posted a couple of days ago.

This post chronicles the trials and tribulations of his latest project, which is due to be launched very soon.

He is very talented and has recently started his own business repairing boats for others.

• Greenie 2

• 2 months later...

Hi really old thread I know, but I'm about to buy a creighton and I'm struggling to find pictures or info online. Mine is a bit old and tattered but I'm a novice so I'm hoping they are also sturdy boats for my first time. I'd love to see some pics of ones that have been spruced up. 

38 minutes ago, Rachhud76 said:

Hi really old thread I know, but I'm about to buy a creighton and I'm struggling to find pictures or info online. Mine is a bit old and tattered but I'm a novice so I'm hoping they are also sturdy boats for my first time. I'd love to see some pics of ones that have been spruced up. 

MUST it be a Creighton ?

Well it's nearly a done deal I'm having a man from a local boat yard checking it over tomorrow and then it's a done deal. I've kinda fallen in love with her and as long as she's sound I'm all good. I'd welcome em any pics of cabin cruisers spruced up. 

On 21/07/2019 at 13:57, Rachhud76 said:

Some photos of Creighton's in the last post of this old thread.

• Greenie 1

John Pope was the last owner of the Creighton name, mold's etc. Went out of business in the 90's sometime.

He was a boat surveyor prior to that, not sure if that is what he went back too after it went.

• 3 years later...
Hello, I'm French (computer translation), I bought an English river boat, Creighton 27 from (1976 marked on the deed of sale), I made the sales papers with the seller who he had done them 9 years earlier with an Englishman living in France.
 Then he stored it in the fields without ever doing the administrative procedures.
I have in my possession, the deed of sale of the seller and English.
There is the name of the boat on the hull ME'N'THEE, the papers were made with this name. there is no registration number!
Today I would like to have the boat's registration card.
"the certificate of radiation from the English flag"
How can I proceed,
Do you have any information on the manufacturer? Technical details of these boats, thank you in advance, Gautier Vincent

Hi, Gautier, and welcome.

There is no compulsory registration scheme for small boats in the UK, so craft do not have to have a registration number.  There is a scheme called the Small Ships Register, which is voluntary, but does not apply to boats permanently  outside UK.

Your boat was also built before the EU Recreational Craft Directive was brought in, in 1996.  Under these regulations there would have been a Hull Identity Number, later changed to a Craft  Identity Number, issued by the builder.

The various UK inland  Navigation Authorities also issue numbers to boats in their waters, but that is more to keep track of licence payments than for any other reason.

I think you may well be disappointed in looking for a registration number for your boat.

N

Edited by BEngo