Alternator Paralleler Circuit

chris w

Featured Posts

bye

I think you are all a bit pissed of because I came up with the double Bosch Re55 and one diode paralled system after you lot fannied about for 26 pages

I shall continue to say what I like when I like ....

Edited by pistnbroke

Why not stick around, sort your attitude out, realise there are people here who know more, learn from them and also introduce your own ideas. Everyone can have good ideas. That way we can all get along nicely.

Gibbo

Get along nicely? Get along maybe :lol:

Thank you for the explanation!

True cannot be disconnected but could be seriously reduced if the start battery was being giving a high charge current ,,,,

Any way why not get your heads out your asses and say ...we have two good practical circuits for paralleling alternators one which which allows an increased voltge easily switchable ...

If I was the moderator I would reduce this to a few relavent posts with the approved circuits and delete all the irrelavent techno crap which confused those who just want to KISS....then lock the post .....

bye .....got better things to do and other problems to sort for more appreciative people ....

I think your beard may be playing havoc with your brain, it is not the first time I have encountered this phenomenon in the weirdy bearded.... Perhaps attributable to the change in electrio-static fields? Veiws experts?

I think you are all a bit pissed of because I came up with the double Bosch Re55 and one diode paralled system after you lot fannied about for 26 pages

Well I was being polite by not commenting on your attempt.

Adding 2 external controllers, two manually operated switches, a bodged together rough arse circuit with a triac and a unijunction transistor (both of which went out with the Ark) and a relay is hardly an elegant solution. But it was your best attempt so I kinda felt guilty telling you the reality.

I don't believe for a minute anyone will ever build that monstrosity. It's horrible. Snibble's is simpler, more elegant, cheaper, quicker to install and altogether better.

Gibbo

Edited by Gibbo

• 3 weeks later...

Can someone tell me whats wrong with this.

I have a std (diesel) ign switch ON/HEAT/START... In normal ON position the oil light, charge lights , oil/temp/voltmeter guages activate.

I mod it slightly (I may not have to) so that when switch is turned to START it all turns off again (ON position deactivates). That way I can include a Contactor in the ON position that joins my charging circuits together. It means that the whole time the IGN switch is ON (engine running) I'm charging both battery banks with both alternators. The circuits split apart when Starting and when IGN is turned off.

As I see it at the moment the only problem comes if I forget to turn the ign off. I would then leave all batteries available for cabin use. I have yet to leave the ign on myself as there are 3 bright lights and all the gauges working to remind you to do it.

I know its not totally fool proof from having to turn the ign off point of view....but it would be pretty cheap and easy to do....I think.

My new wind gen would connect to the cabin batteries only is another posible drawback.

Edited by Evo

Ooops ..sorry I forgot to include the diode bit..arrgh sod it, I'll just buy one of them Smart thingys....it better bl**dy work.!!!! :lol: (thats a joke Gibbo..dont start)

Edited by Evo

As I see it at the moment the only problem comes if I forget to turn the ign off. I would then leave all batteries available for cabin use. I have yet to leave the ign on myself as there are 3 bright lights and all the gauges working to remind you to do it.

I know its not totally fool proof from having to turn the ign off point of view....but it would be pretty cheap and easy to do....I think.

My new wind gen would connect to the cabin batteries only is another posible drawback.

Hi Evo,

For paralleling alternators with a contactor I'd use the circuit in this post: (clicky)

A few points to consider:

If the circuit and instructions are NOT strictly followed, it's guaranteed NOT to work.

It needs fairly good wiring and electrical skills to build and test.

It's deceptively simple :lol:

cheers,

Pete.

You know what Smiley...I'm too tired for all this thinking..I'm just gonna buy a gizmo and try it....the guy seeems to know what he's talking about....I am intrigued to evaluate the product. I know what will happen...the missus will go "what have you bought now for gods sake, How much was that..!! You know I wanted some flower pots for the roof"...See, you guys just dont understand...

• 3 months later...