New Marina!!

teacher1

Featured Posts

A new marina is due to start construction very soon situated by the Navigation pub just outside of Cosgrove...Work is due to be completed in 3-4 months and the owners are currently taking names (and deposits) for a waiting list of 60 berths. Contact Roy or Valerie Mayo if interested on (01908) 542113.

A new marina is due to start construction very soon situated by the Navigation pub just outside of Cosgrove...Work is due to be completed in 3-4 months and the owners are currently taking names (and deposits) for a waiting list of 60 berths. Contact Roy or Valerie Mayo if interested on (01908) 542113.

Thanks Roy

Noticed as well new member two posts both the same.

Good luck with the new marina Roy.

Yes, an interesting insight into our group norms. If the poster says "Oh I've heard of a new XXX, get it now" in their first post, we assume, usually correctly that they are selling something by stealth and reject them. If they say "Hi, we have a new XXX that you could be interested in" and declare themselves, we will accept them and welcome them to the forum with open arms.

Honesty seems to work best here.

Richard

Good luck with your marina, Roy?

Aw tsk, tsk......

I'm actually very happy with my "revolutionary new propeller", thank you!..............

Actually perhaps even BW are missing a trick.....

Maybe a new user should have posted.....

"Has anybody been lucky enough to try out those new bollards that have been installed by narrow locks ? - they made my mate's life so much easier".......

or

"I witnessed a heap of traffic up and down the Stoke Bruerne flight the other night - I reckon that signage is doing a wonderful job - not one boat even came close to a cilling".........

etc.

What's new about a revolutionary propeller?

Don't they all do that?

The new revolutionary propeller does not revolve, but goes backwards and forwards - on the shaft/off the shaft, on the shaft/off the shaft.

I believe that the Mk II Phylis is a much improved version of the Mk I. :lol:

Most, I believe, but if the boat belongs to Phylis.......

Well no they still revolved, just not in the intended fashion or very smoothly :lol:

The new revolutionary propeller does not revolve, but goes backwards and forwards - on the shaft/off the shaft, on the shaft/off the shaft.

I believe that the Mk II Phylis is a much improved version of the Mk I. :lol:

Must be the spring air :lol:

Hi,

I am sorry to hear about the new marina at Castlethorpe, always thought it a beautiful stretch of countryside. Have visited the pub and area by boat and car since 1975, sorry to see some of the changes - the 'conservatory' on the pub being one of the worst.

Progess ........ ?.

Leo.

I wish someone would buy some of the land adjacent to the canal at Keadby and build a new marina. Lots of wasted land just sat idle - not even being cultivated. Mind you the local council have a vision of a new lakes project just up the road between Gunness and Scunthorpe. Maybe a marina might be built there.

I wish someone would buy some of the land adjacent to the canal at Keadby and build a new marina. Lots of wasted land just sat idle - not even being cultivated. Mind you the local council have a vision of a new lakes project just up the road between Gunness and Scunthorpe. Maybe a marina might be built there.

There are plenty of marinas around there. Keadby has some moorings, Thorne isnt that far away, West Stockwth isnt a million miles away then there are moorings on the Chesterfield.

Hmm. Mixed feelings about this. BW will now remove 6 on line moorings in the neighbourhood. Not everyone wants an expensive marina berth and cheaper moorings will be harder to find.

Five new marinas (Cathiron, Blisworth, Crick extension, Heyford Fields and Gayton extension have now been completed on the Oxford and Grand Union with a total of 517 berths.

A further three marinas have been granted planning consent (Grove Lock, Thrupp Wharf Cosgrove and Flint Hill Farm(Leicester section)) with another 245 berths.

Planning permission has been applied for at five sites: Kingfisher Marina extension, Hillmorton Wharf, Ivinghoe and Water Tower Farm. Planning consent has been denied at Barby Lane, but an appeal has been lodged. If these go ahead there will be an extra 503 marina berths

This means that in the Southern Region over 100 berths will be lost in order to fill up these new marinas.

A further three marinas have been granted planning consent (Grove Lock, Thrupp Wharf Cosgrove and Flint Hill Farm(Leicester section)) with another 245 berths.

The Navigation IS at Thrupp Wharf.

I have also seen the plans for a large marina to the north of Old Linslade (near the blue-painted bridge) and a smaller one half a mile north of Grove Lock (not the same as the one that you mention at Grove Lock)