Fitout "good ideas"

Featured Posts

Leggie - you're welcome ...........................

Alan, at least he's reading old posts and not being lazy and starting a new thread covering old and many-times-repeated stuff.

.....................   and if the software seems to get stuck keep posting until you're sure your message has been understood by the host  :rolleyes:

• 2 months later...

I  have fitted several double usb outlets up and down the NB. They are flush mounted meaning that all is required is a tiny hole for the wires. The bonus is the blue backlight which provides just enough light to navigate around at night. 

I have not seen them anywhere else but Bimble Solar have them at around  £5. 

Very happy 

1608120514195661467935.jpg

• Happy 1

On 16/12/2020 at 12:09, Jim Wortelhock said:

I  have fitted several double usb outlets up and down the NB. They are flush mounted meaning that all is required is a tiny hole for the wires. The bonus is the blue backlight which provides just enough light to navigate around at night. 

I have not seen them anywhere else but Bimble Solar have them at around  £5. 

Very happy 

1608120514195661467935.jpg

I have some similar ones with the round central socket, but without the rectangular back plate and backlight. They were sold with a bracket for mounting on motorbike handlebars. Found them on ebay.

4 hours ago, David Mack said:

I have some similar ones with the round central socket, but without the rectangular back plate and backlight. They were sold with a bracket for mounting on motorbike handlebars. Found them on ebay.

Can you point me at a flush mount one without the light? Looking for one that won't light up the bed.

40 minutes ago, Onewheeler said:

Can you point me at a flush mount one without the light? Looking for one that won't light up the bed.

Mine are similar to this. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Waterproof-12V-Motorcycle-USB-Car-Charger-Switch-Power-Adapter-Port-Socket-New-/224040390763?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292

I threw away the mounting bracket and the snap on cover and mounted in a circular hole in the panel. No backlight, but a small red led when it is switched on.

s-l400.jpg

Edited by David Mack

2 hours ago, David Mack said:

Not flush mount then. I'm looking for ones like Jim's without the LED. They're not readily takeapartable to get at the interals.

• 6 months later...
On 15/01/2005 at 09:54, Paul Evans said:

I'm sure I recall seeing (a long time ago) a boat with a long, low, tug-style fore deck fitted with a turntable arrangement onto which a Mini could be run up ramps. Not sure that I fancy driving the car on - especially on a dark, wet night but I suppose the turntable was fitted with some sort of stop plank to prevent the car and driver ending up in the cut.

I have definately seen one like that, but it was a smart car not a mini. There was a the engine house then open deck on which the car would fit. I believe it either had hydraulics to lift the car to the level of the canal side and foldable ramp for the gap. The rest of the boat continued and looked quite traditional in all other respects. 

While travelling I even met a gentleman who was very proud that he had a bath tub on board.

1 hour ago, LittleOuse said:

I have definately seen one like that, but it was a smart car not a mini. There was a the engine house then open deck on which the car would fit. I believe it either had hydraulics to lift the car to the level of the canal side and foldable ramp for the gap. The rest of the boat continued and looked quite traditional in all other respects. 

While travelling I even met a gentleman who was very proud that he had a bath tub on board.

There was a boat on the Gt Ouse often at Ely with a grey van in the hold, I have seen the same boat this week minus van, I have a feeling it was at WFB but could be wrong