Ken Yates aka Eastern Narrowboats...

larrysanders

Featured Posts

I'm thinking of buying a budget narrowboat which was fitted out by Ken Yates in 2004. It's a 30ft with a Honda outboard 15hp on the back. Any advice or thoughts, pros and cons? would be much appreciated.

Many thanks.

We have one of their larger boats (Leisure Quester)and have been very happy with our purchase, I have no experience of their 30' model.

Ken Yates himself has now retired. Pat and Brian of Eastern Caravans of Peterborough, used to do all the fitting out for Ken, and have now taken over his premises at Billing Aquadrome and are trading from there.

Yates/Eastern past and present have always been very helpful.

regards

David

Edited by Bullfrog

that review was just brilliant and very informative. all the points i too picked up on when viewing the 30ft'er. many thanks for that!!

one other thing; has anyone got experience of the honda 15hp outboard engine?? it said in steve's review that it only had a petrol tank on the boat big enough for 3-4 hours cruising. when viewing i looked at the tank and it seemed fairly big. this seems very thirsty indeed? i had a springer waterbug with an old 9.9 honda engine and that was quite economical as long as you didn't push it too hard.

would the 15hp engine have to work that much harder?