Que Sera Sera INFO ONLY THREAD

johnjo

Featured Posts

I know, 'Oh god, not another thread', well 'Yes' and I hope you won't mind me starting this one but the other thread is getting long and difficult to sift through.

The intention for this one is, being as the weekend is coming can we have posts on areas that anyone knows has actually been checked together with dates [important], that way those of you that know the canal system and want to have a look around won't be covering the same ground recently checked, also could you post areas you intend to check, that way everyone here will know what's happening plus you could even arrange a meet with others after. :lol:

I hope no-one is upset with what I'm trying to achieve here, all I'm trying to do is make it as clear and as concise as possible so that another weekend is not lost looking for this boat through lack of real info.

Can we [me included] stick to INFO ONLY PLEASE, no comments re: the legality of the hire, who's to blame or whether it has actually been taken etc: etc:

I've started it with the some of the info put together by Digipete and a list of sightings I've pulled from this thread.

Description of crime / Perpetrators:

IT WAS A FEMALE AND MALE THAT HIRED THE BOAT AND TOOK IT ON MONDAY 2ND MARCH 2009 FROM STREET HAY MARINA. My dad went with them to Fradley to show them the ropes as you say and make sure they are equipped and ready.

MALE - AGE LATE 20'S EARLY 30'S, AROUND 5FT 8IN goes by the name of Shaun (but this maybe false) Stocky build short mid brown hair - quite a good looking chap. last seen wearing a woolly beanie hat in a light beige colour, beige long sleeved woolly jumper and dark trousers, wearing trainers (only remember white) sorry no make.

WOMEN - AGE APPROX LATE 20'S NO OLDER-SMOKES ALOT - AROUND 5FT 5IN - slim dark shoulder length hair straight - distinctive mouth when she smiles shows all her gums. Last seen wearing black trousers high heels shoes dark sleeveless top not dressed for boating AT ALL.

WHEN MY MOM AND DAD GOT TO FRADLEY THEY STAYED FOR A CUP OF TEA WHERE TWO ONLY MEN GOT ON THE BOAT AND THE HIRERS SAID IT WAS FRIENDS SHOWING THEM ROUND - WE HAVE HAD FURTHER INFORMATION TO SAY THEY LEFT WITH THEM - SO THREE MEN AND A WOMEN ON THE BOAT - BUT THE CAR AT THE MARINA WAS GONE TOO SO SOMEONE MUST BE OFF IT TO HAVE COLLECTED CAR BACK.

DESCRIPTION OF OTHER UNKNOWN TWO MEN ARE

BOTH MEN WERE ABOUT 5FT 10 IN MUSCULAR BUILD SHORT BROWN HAIR LAST SEEN WEARING JEANS AND TIGHT LIGHT COLURED T.SHIRTS THE KIND THAT SHOW MUSCLE (we were a distance from these so it was hard to id them)

2ND MARCH 2009 MONDAY OUR NARROWBOAT WAS STOLEN FROM STREETHAY MARINA

15th March Sunday aprox: 13:30hrs Sighted near junction with Ashby heading towards Coventry

15th March Sunday At 09:30hrs Sighted at Grimmers mooring near Shakerstone.

18th March Wednesday Sighted in Alrewas by an acquaintance of Carole & Tony's

[They know the boat personally having been aboard.]

28th March This supposed definite sighting is now said to be unreliable.

20th Friday Sighted between Alrewas and Shobnall "On a Mooring" by a boater on a mooring.

21st March This may now be incorrect, see 28th March immediately below.

I've just had a text from Carole...

"Just had call sighting yesterday between Alrewas Shobnal in small marina or short cutting"

24th March

Alrerwas on the 18th, Shobnall on the 20th sort of implies that it was heading east, if that's the case it should be in the Shardlow/Sawley area and once at Trent junction it can go in one of three directions

24th March

We have just done from the top of Napton Flight to Fenny Compton and no sight of her, we will continue looking to the Thames

24th March

Unless I have missed some all seem to have been in the area between Shackerstone on the Ashby on the Coventry Canal and on the Trent & Mersey from Fradley down to Burton

Let's find out what's happened to this boat this weekend, it won't be for the want of effort on the part of forum members whichever way it turns out.

Edited to update sighting now proved unreliable.

Edited by johnjo

Sunday March 22nd Shardlow from the first lock after Derwent mouth to the Malt Shovel pub at the wharf - no sign......

I will be at Fradley over the weekend looking out for her.

Nev

26th March

Today Carole has been checking the area between Hawkesbury Junction to Coventry Basin.

They also checked Marinas at Coventry and Fazeley.

26th March

Ditchcrawler

Today we have done Aynho to Thrupp with no sign of her, tomorrow Oxford and then retrace our steps.

26th March

Heyjude999

We are at Shardlow on foot early Saturday morning and will tell people there whilst looking for the boat.

28th March

Cheshire Rose

Dave (Postcode) and I have done the section of the Staffs & Worcs between Calf Heath and Tixall wide today (by boat). We have posters in the boat windows and we asked for a poster to be put up in Misty's bar (Calf Heath) as well.

Tomorrow we will retrace our route back again.

It's only a relatively small length of canal, but no sighting on the Grand Union from Cow Roast, across Tring summit, down Marsworth, as far as the two "Lower Marsworth" locks.

We'll be (hopefully) on the Thames ring in under a week's time, so will be travelling up the GU, before turning down the Oxford.

Please note re: sighting

18th March Wednesday Sighted in Alrewas by an acquaintance of Carole & Tony's

[They know the boat personally having been aboard.]

28th March

Message to Cheshire Rose from Carole

I have an urgent and very important update. I have just received a txt from Carole:

" Just found out the sighting a week lastThursday? [Wednesday] was not our boat - it was called Que Sera Sera. Makes us think that the other sightings may have been this boat"

I asked how they knew it was not their boat - the reply:

"The guy that saw it took a photo. A friend saw the photo today

Edited by johnjo

Put this on the wrong thread originally.

Walked the Welford Arm and all around Foxton today with no luck. I gave one of the posters to the lockies at Foxton, who said they will keep an eye out for the boat.

Nice day for it, Foxton was heaving with gongoozlers.

Took a party of twelve from Rugby Wharf to Norton Junction and back over the weekend (27-29/3/2009). One possible near the water point at the bottom of Hillmorton Locks but an inspection on foot revealed its was not Que Sera Sera.

Will be checking out Warwick and Leamington areas later in the week

30th March

Ditchcrawler

In the past week we have done Napton top lock to Oxford, Isis Lock and back to Cropredy with no sign of it.

Seen one or two Liverpool cruiser sterns but not the same layout as her

I have noticed that in just about all the 6 (or so) threads on this topic, the pictures of Que Sera Sera have gone missing.

This is because Distinctive Charters have removed the boats details from their site, and most references were to this.

Fortunately MoominPapa is still hosting a set of pictures on his site.

For anyone who wants reminding of the boats appearance, here they are again.

2.jpg

3.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

hi all - this is zoe here i have a free period at work so i have 45 mins to try and read as much as i can on here - my have i missed some things on here-

firstly i want to apologise for not being on here for so long - i do try and pop on but i work at a special needs school and its extremely hard to find time and the reason i aint been on here recently is that my sister in law is expecting and been rushed into hospital with pneumonia so we have been looking after our nephews along with trying to run our livesdaily.

i know i have been on here a couple of times and just left the odd comment thats only because i have grabbed 5 mins and seen something i can comment on nothing else no other reason.

i have read up to page 10 now of this discussion, could someone please help me to answer your questions by writing a list of things you need to know in orderly form so i can print them off and take it to my parents as my father is ill at the moment but this is something they can do without having to do anything in you know what i mean.

all i know at the moment is that the police were going to try and see the cctv again this week and will be calling my parents at the end of the week with details if any.

please if someone could list the questions you all want answering i will help that way.

regards

zoe ps thank you to all for helping my parents so far