QUE SERA SERA POSSIBLE SIGHTING

Featured Posts

Hi all my parents have just had a possible sigting on the boat at ALREWAS they are now as we speak trying to find the source of the information to get more details as to when where direction and description of people and if anything changed on the boat will keep you posted as asap-

Out of interest is anyone near that area or within a two day cruise area either way of ALREWAS

regards

zoe (daughter of owner)

we hope so too - just ringing and ringing the source of information but no answer will keep you all posted

xx

If a possitive result is confirmed may I just say I'm chuffed to bits for you and all of your family.

Lets hope this is the news you have been waiting for.

Martyn

This just gets odder and odder - if I was returning a hire boat to Streethay I would certainly consider spending my last night at Alrewas as its so close to the starting point.

Very Very Strange.

And if they were on the Ashby a few days ago they'd have had to pass Streethay to get there

i know its so strange we cant get our head round it- we think its someone on it you thinks they have either hired a kegitimate boat or brought one

xx

This just gets odder and odder - if I was returning a hire boat to Streethay I would certainly consider spending my last night at Alrewas as its so close to the starting point.

Very Very Strange.

I get the distinct impression that some totally innocent and completely unsuspecting couple / family are going to be in for quite a shock at the kerfuffle going on around them when the boat is found or they return it to base.

I reckon you're going to have your boat back by 10am tomorrow.

Great news!!

i can be at Alrewas tomorrow morning if you need a helping hand just call me on 07808 094 235 (this is a business mobile number so i dont mind posting it on here) just give me a call and i can be there

Nik

Or you could just go straight to Streethay and wait for it to come to you.

Ah but if it is in alrewas now it could be in burton or willington tomorrow heading this way unless it goes back up thru fradley

I've posted a message on Mercia Marina's forum to see if anyone round Willington way spots it, giving Carol's number, the crime no. and the police contact number. Best I can do as I'm not actually there to help I'm afraid.

Hope this event is coming to a close for the family.

Penny.

Edited by NiceNarrowboat

I've posted a message on Mercia Marina's forum to see if anyone round Willington way spots it, giving Carol's number, the crime no. and the police contact number. Best I can do as I'm not actually there to help I'm afraid.

Hope this event is coming to a close for the family.

Penny.

Hi

Saw your post.

I'll be at Mercia on and off all weekend so I'll keep an eye out.

There's a few boats on there that'll probably be going out so I'll ask them to see if they spot it.

At least 2 of them don't do the forum so I'll go and see them or send them a text if they're out.

Mike

Years ago I heard of a bloke who was told to go downriver for two hours and go into the lock at Selby when he reached it. In fact he was at Selby in two hours and, despite frantic wavings from the keeper there and various other people he headed past down river. To cut the story short he was flagged down in various places and was on the mud off Goole for hours due to the tide but still he headed down. Finally after he merrily waved back to massed rescue services on the Humber bridge they sent the lifeboat out to collect him off Spurn Head. He seemed perfectly happy to head out into the North Sea as the two hours was in his mind 2 days or maybe longer!

Given this example of how folks misunderstand and just go on regardless, maybe your boat has been on a round trip via the Ashby and the Leicester line and now is heading back to base. Let us hope so. :lol:

Edited by Tiny