ooooh some dog owners frustrate me!!!

Featured Posts

Ok, I was cycling from Nelson today, happily trundling along when smack bang in the middle of the towpath was a fresh pile of dog poo!!! Right where people walk or cycle!!! Luckily I avoided it (and a good thing too as my current bike has no mudguards!!!), but it does annoy me that these dog owners are just too damned lazy to pick up the mess that their dog left, which means someone else has to do it (or tread in it)!!! :lol:

PICK IT UP!!!

:lol:

Its not all of us and it really annoys us dog owners who do scoop the poop that others are so thoughtless.

I agree that having a near miss on a bike is horrible, cycling through it is just revolting.

That's why I say some dog owners, I live just across from a green where people walk their dogs, and most of them do scoop and bag (and just last week, the council provided a new poo bin, which was deftly scribbled on by the local yoof), so there are plenty of good ones, it's just the lazy ones who really get my goat, and especially when councils do SBA about their £500 fine or whatever it is when there's easy proof that certain people do this... :lol:

There was also the issue of those who sweep it over into the grassy verges either side, now as a friendly cyclist, that can be just as bad as when passing people I move over into either of these, and you can't exactly avoid the poo you cannot see (and the stuff I did see had turned white, yuck!!!), thankfully there wasn't many people today or yesterday so I had mostly free running of the towpath between Colne and Nelson, but it still annoys me... :lol:

That's why I say some dog owners, I live just across from a green where people walk their dogs, and most of them do scoop and bag (and just last week, the council provided a new poo bin, which was deftly scribbled on by the local yoof), so there are plenty of good ones, it's just the lazy ones who really get my goat, and especially when councils do SBA about their £500 fine or whatever it is when there's easy proof that certain people do this... :lol:

There was also the issue of those who sweep it over into the grassy verges either side, now as a friendly cyclist, that can be just as bad as when passing people I move over into either of these, and you can't exactly avoid the poo you cannot see (and the stuff I did see had turned white, yuck!!!), thankfully there wasn't many people today or yesterday so I had mostly free running of the towpath between Colne and Nelson, but it still annoys me... :lol:

There use to be a thread running on the news group about dog poo turning white, you don't often see that these days.

There use to be a thread running on the news group about dog poo turning white, you don't often see that these days.

Ah!...Cap'n Beeky's Stourport tales?

Last week below Stockers Lock there was a boater who had put in around 15 little luminous paper and stick "flags" denoting the dog poo. He had covered some up with ashes from his stove. I wish I had my camera to hand.

I am still trying to find the piccy I have somewhere of the dog poo "Walnut Whip" balanced on a lockside bollard (not by a narrow lock)

Ok, I was cycling from Nelson today, happily trundling along when smack bang in the middle of the towpath was a fresh pile of dog poo!!! Right where people walk or cycle!!! Luckily I avoided it (and a good thing too as my current bike has no mudguards!!!), but it does annoy me that these dog owners are just too damned lazy to pick up the mess that their dog left, which means someone else has to do it (or tread in it)!!! :lol:

PICK IT UP!!!

;) U r so right, what pisses me off as a 24/7 365 boater is on our stretch and many others over the years I c pratts who live in those silly house things EVERY day coming down to the canal they park their car jobby out jumps the two dogs and owners who promptly stride off up the towpath dogs trailing behind shitting everywhere whils owners pretend not to notice......when I mention I am going to bring my dog up to dump in their gardens they dont seem to like it

PICK IT UP!!!

;) U r so right, what pisses me off as a 24/7 365 boater is on our stretch and many others over the years I c pratts who live in those silly house things EVERY day coming down to the canal they park their car jobby out jumps the two dogs and owners who promptly stride off up the towpath dogs trailing behind shitting everywhere whils owners pretend not to notice......when I mention I am going to bring my dog up to dump in their gardens they dont seem to like it

PICK IT UP!!!

:lol: U r so right, what pisses me off as a 24/7 365 boater is on our stretch and many others over the years I c pratts who live in those silly house things EVERY day coming down to the canal they park their car jobby out jumps the two dogs and owners who promptly stride off up the towpath dogs trailing behind shitting everywhere whils owners pretend not to notice......when I mention I am going to bring my dog up to dump in their gardens they dont seem to like it

Do other countries have the same problem (not on towpaths) and, if not, why?

SteveE

I think it depends on the place - in Milan, people take their dogs everywhere. They are allowed in all the posh designer boutiques and everyone picks up. This is the place where I saw a dog wardrobe in the petshop (to keep your dogs clothes in - bleurgh), but they don't just have small dogs in Milan - I saw someone taking their enormous Great Dane into Armani (to have him fitted for a suit perhaps?).

When I've worked in Spain, there is dog sh*t everywhere.

We have a 'poo tree' outside our gates at the mo. I've been fantasising about fashioning a necklace out of these bags and forcing the perpetrator to wear it. Woe betide them if I catch them in the act of tree festooning. :lol:

if you think that dog poo is a put off,try picking up what the horse has left behind it,when my girls are out trekking and the horse dumps on the pavement or road,i have to go back and get it,mind you on a few occasions a gardener has beaten me to it :lol:

i have 4 dogs and when i take them for a walk i carry a pocket full of poo bags,the problem that i find is that the poo dustbins often get filled up by general rubbish despite the signs on them that they are for dog poo only,so the people who fill up the dog dustbins are almost as bad as the owners who dont clean up behind them.

I often wonder what the little guys who sort out the recycled rubbish think when they get a tescos bag with fido,s finest in it :lol:

We have a 'poo tree' outside our gates at the mo. I've been fantasising about fashioning a necklace out of these bags and forcing the perpetrator to wear it. Woe betide them if I catch them in the act of tree festooning. :lol:

Oh, bit don't they look a picture though, particularly on these windy days, with each little bag swinging rhythmically in the breeze.

Pure "poo tree in motion" in fact.....

(Coat!.......)

if you think that dog poo is a put off,try picking up what the horse has left behind it,when my girls are out trekking and the horse dumps on the pavement or road,i have to go back and get it,mind you on a few occasions a gardener has beaten me to it :lol:

Well, there's a ton of difference ('scuse the pun) between dog poo and horse poo, first off, horse poo isn't revoltingly foul smelling, it doesn't coat the soles of your shoes and get into the treads and make it difficult to remove without a jetwasher (or twig), it doesn't splatter up your back when you're on your bike and have no mudguards, and it isn't left to fester on green playing grounds, infact, I'd rather walk through a steaming pile of horse poo than a steaming pile of dog poo... :lol:

And as you say, horse poo's great for the begonias or tomatoes, dog poo's only good for slinging at wealthy bankers (translated into "Micra speak"; w*nk*rs) that have left us in it for making bad decisions over loans and investments... :lol:

Sorry, got all political there, I'll get me coat... :lol:

Aparently it was caused by something they used to put in the food that isnt there anymore.

I saw a nice site the other day, a guy in a suit was walking his dog in one of Cheltenhams lovely gardens off the lead miles behind him when I saw a "youth" about 16 or 17 chasing the guy across the park. I wondered what was going on, I carried on watching as this kid told the guy that his dog had just done a poo near where him and his mate were sat. The suited guy had to trudge back across the park in full site of everyone sat eating there lunch and enjoying the sun. He then had to route through a bin and find something to pick the poo up with (clearly he wasn't intending on picking the poo up even if he had seen the dog do it) then do the walk of shame back across the park.

This pretty much made my day. :lol:

Aparently it was caused by something they used to put in the food that isnt there anymore.

Any chance they could put something in the food that makes them say a bright luminous orange ?

We might spot a few more before we stepped in them, if they could do that.

(It would also give a nice festive Christmas tree like look for those who do like hanging it up from branches).

(and the stuff I did see had turned white, yuck!!!),

Whatever happened to white dog poo?

There used to be loads of it about when I was young, one on every street corner, but today it's rarer than rocking horse......

Well, perhaps not....

I blame the supermarkets. :lol:

There used to be loads of it about when I was young, one on every street corner, but today it's rarer than rocking horse......

Well, perhaps not....

I blame the supermarkets. :lol:

Cheap dog food used to have ground bonemeal in it.

Thankfully most of it gets cleaned up before it has a chance to turn white... :lol:

I saw a nice site the other day, a guy in a suit was walking his dog in one of Cheltenhams lovely gardens off the lead miles behind him when I saw a "youth" about 16 or 17 chasing the guy across the park. I wondered what was going on, I carried on watching as this kid told the guy that his dog had just done a poo near where him and his mate were sat. The suited guy had to trudge back across the park in full site of everyone sat eating there lunch and enjoying the sun. He then had to route through a bin and find something to pick the poo up with (clearly he wasn't intending on picking the poo up even if he had seen the dog do it) then do the walk of shame back across the park.

This pretty much made my day. :lol:

I think that would make anyone's day, a suited one forced to actually do some real work and pick up their dog's poo!!! :lol:

I think it depends on the place - in Milan, people take their dogs everywhere. They are allowed in all the posh designer boutiques and everyone picks up. This is the place where I saw a dog wardrobe in the petshop (to keep your dogs clothes in - bleurgh), but they don't just have small dogs in Milan - I saw someone taking their enormous Great Dane into Armani (to have him fitted for a suit perhaps?).

When I've worked in Spain, there is dog sh*t everywhere.

I know all about festooning, when we lived ashore we used to get a lot of disposable nappies launched from passing cars, I have to say I prefer dog poo as a hazard