QUE SERA SERA- WALKING WEEKEND

Featured Posts

Hello eveyone thank you so much for all your help comments and support at this terrible time my parents are going through.

im having the weekend with them to go out give leaflets out and search the cut as they say. any ideas where is best to star. my father unfortunately is ill and has got really poorly feet so wont be joining us.

if you could give me any idea where to start with the other sightings in mind

IS ANYONE ELSE THINKING OF WALKING THE TOW PATHS THIS WEEKEND PLEASE BARE OUR BOAT IN MIND

THANK YOU ALL AGAIN SO SO MUCH

REGARDS

ZOE

Hello eveyone thank you so much for all your help comments and support at this terrible time my parents are going through.

im having the weekend with them to go out give leaflets out and search the cut as they say. any ideas where is best to star. my father unfortunately is ill and has got really poorly feet so wont be joining us.

IS ANYONE ELSE THINKING OF WALKING THE TOW PATHS THIS WEEKEND PLEASE BARE OUR BOAT IN MIND

REGARDS

ZOE

Perhaps we could could get some sort of coordination here.

I'm picking up my boat from Atherstone and going back to Alvecote on Saturday PM. (I know it's very unlikely the boat will be that close to her home mooring but I'll keep an eye out all the same).

So what stretches are everyone else able to cover?

If we know who's doing what it will at least give those who just want to go for stroll some idea as to what areas aren't being covered.

Mike

Perhaps we could could get some sort of coordination here.

I'm picking up my boat from Atherstone and going back to Alvecote on Saturday PM. (I know it's very unlikely the boat will be that close to her home mooring but I'll keep an eye out all the same).

So what stretches are everyone else able to cover?

If we know who's doing what it will at least give those who just want to go for stroll some idea as to what areas aren't being covered.

Mike

It's highly likely that we'll be taking the dog for a walk along the Cromford Canal however I stongly suspect that it won't be there! :lol:

thank you all so much- if people can keep posting on here where they are going then we can find a stretch where we can go saturday

regards

zoe

I am on the Shropshire Union Bridge 14 going north and will be on the look out as have been since report was made.

REGARDS

ZOE

Having spent some time thinking where, I would moor the boat (A three pipe problem as SH would say!)

It would need be someplace with little or no passing boats,

That Iam able to get there without going through a check point where the boat details will be recorded,

A good towpath to work from.

I came up with the following.

BCN

Soho Loop, Walsall Town Arm, Ridgacre Branch, Titford Canal, Above Park Head Locks (Dudley 2)

Bumblehole & Boshboil branch (Dudley 2), Fens Branch (Stourbridge Canal)

North Oxford

New Bold Arm

Grand Union South

Wendover Arm , Aylesbury Arm, Slough Arm, Lower end of the Northampton Arm

South Oxford

Dukes Cut

River Nene

There are many places to hide a boat on the Nene, Stanground lock has been informed, so

blocking entry on to the levels. I keep a eye on the section between Peterborough and Dog in

Doublet Lock.

The best place to hide a car is in plane view in a busy carpark, the same with a boat, hide it in a large

marina.

Firesprite

Middle levels

REGARDS

ZOE

Hi Zoe,

We're at Foxton today, driving down from Derbyshire. I know it is not very likely to be that way but just wanted to let you know that there are people who don't post very often but do walk tow paths and read forums, so we'll be looking out on the off chance.

Kev

Having spent some time thinking where, I would moor the boat (A three pipe problem as SH would say!)

It would need be someplace with little or no passing boats,

That Iam able to get there without going through a check point where the boat details will be recorded,

A good towpath to work from.

I came up with the following.

Fair enough,

But on the information supplied so far, little attempt has been made to get this boat away from it's home mooring, or to disguise it's appearance.

Latest information suggests it must have actually passed it's home mooring in the last week, (possibly the last day or so).

So I'm not sure we should expect that it will suddenly be removed to some more obscure location, some distance away.

Whatever the explanation, it seems unlikely that those on board feel the need to be hiding or disguising.

It's a lovely sunny day again, when I suspect quite a few might have been keen to go out looking, but to be effective more information is needed on whether the Alrewas sighting was good, and what is happening now.

Some people have expressed the view that forum members need to be more pro-active in this search, but however keen someone is to help, it doesn't seem entirely obvious to me how they could currently do so in an effective manner. I have visions of willing volunteers all out looking, but ending up covering the same bit of canal multiple times, rather than much more canal just the once.

Fair enough,

But on the information supplied so far, little attempt has been made to get this boat away from it's home mooring, or to disguise it's appearance.

Latest information suggests it must have actually passed it's home mooring in the last week, (possibly the last day or so).

So I'm not sure we should expect that it will suddenly be removed to some more obscure location, some distance away.

Whatever the explanation, it seems unlikely that those on board feel the need to be hiding or disguising.

It's a lovely sunny day again, when I suspect quite a few might have been keen to go out looking, but to be effective more information is needed on whether the Alrewas sighting was good, and what is happening now.

Some people have expressed the view that forum members need to be more pro-active in this search, but however keen someone is to help, it doesn't seem entirely obvious to me how they could currently do so in an effective manner. I have visions of willing volunteers all out looking, but ending up covering the same bit of canal multiple times, rather than much more canal just the once.

Agreed, the problem is this is not the best communication tool for a real time search. This is more like waiting for an email to come through.

A phone/text hotline or radio communications with a co-ordinated search pattern would be a great idea but would take some setting up.

thank you

xx

Hi Zoe,

We're at Foxton today, driving down from Derbyshire. I know it is not very likely to be that way but just wanted to let you know that there are people who don't post very often but do walk tow paths and read forums, so we'll be looking out on the off chance.

Kev

where is the basin arm?

we have been to sawley and worked our way back briodge to bridge to alrewas, but nothing and noone we have spoke to has seen it

xx

Has anyone looked down the basin arm?

There aren't that many folk who go down there, for pleasure.

no thats not the case we have been doing bridge to bridge searching from sawley working back towards base but nothing and no one has seen anything

xx

Just perhaps the family are at the boat taking it back from the "renters" officially renters or not at the location from which they took it.

If so they are not near a PC and can't let us know the score.

Martyn

Hi,

Just been informed that a boat bearing the name Que Sera Sera and of the same colour was spotted yesterday in a small marina, whihc may be more of a cut, between Alrewas and Shobnall.

The information was passed to me by a visitor here at Mercia and he got it from a friend who cruised by yesterday.

I will try to walk a bit tonight to see if I can spot her.

regards

Robert Neff

Mercia Marina

Edited by Yank on the Cut

I've just had a text from Carole...

Quote:

"Just had call sighting yesterday between Alrewas Shobnal in small marina or short cutting"

Keep your eyes pealed guys & gals if you're in that area.

Edited by AlanJ

I've just had a text from Carole...

Quote:

"Just had call sighting yesterday between Alrewas Shobnal in small marina or short cutting"

Keep your eyes pealed guys & gals if you're in that area.

Barton Turn Marina is between Alrewas and Shobnal, Though it's a while since we were in that area I don't remember any other offshoots from the mainline around there.

I can't recall any other arms marinas or cuts along there (and I'd hardly describe Barton Turns as "small"). I can't see anything on Google Earth either. Anyone got any ideas?

I cant remember its name but isnt there a short arm or stub end of a canal around there that is or was used by a hire boat firm called Jannel Cruisers ?