Que Sera Sera

Digipete

Featured Posts

If they want to get as far away as possible and hide somewhere remote and unknown where no one will ever find them, they'll probably be coming past the end of our garden (Upwell, Middle Levels) real soon! I shall keep a lookout.

ill be impressed if they do,The Lock at Oundle is impassable at present due to maintenance work

If they want to get as far away as possible and hide somewhere remote and unknown where no one will ever find them, they'll probably be coming past the end of our garden (Upwell, Middle Levels) real soon! I shall keep a lookout.

Upwell - lovely place. Can you type with all 12 fingers?

Upwell - lovely place. Can you type with all 12 fingers?

No, only lived here for three years so I retain the standard number of digits and there's no webbing between them as yet.

I notice that in your avatar under "gender" you comment "Prefer not to say", so 'appen there's summat funny about Rugby folk too.

I asked sometime ago the circumstances of the deal, it seems now that false identities were given. if these people paid in cash, then this was clearly planned ahead, and the likely hood is the boat been transported somewhere to change it's identity. If a duff cheque then possibly a couple scamming a free holiday.

Let's hope they didn't pay cash, otherwise they did so knowing that they would be getting a good return for the outlay and efforts.

Well it would seem that my theory about 3rd party hirers returning the boat has fallen flat, although I suppose it's conceivable that if the original hirers are re-letting the boat, it could by now have been turned around (somewhere other than Streethay) and gone out again with a 4th party onboard.

Edited by NB Alnwick
for consistency - the passage that was quoted has since been deleted because it may not be factual.

Having been away in deepest Somerset since Friday without any mobile signal to pick up the internet (even though we took tha lap top!) I have now returned home and spoke to Carole This evening to get an update. It appears I have missed out on a flurry of activity but I thought it would be a good idea to just update this thread with the details.

On Wednesday 18th March the boat was seen in Alrewas by an aqaintance of Carole & Tony's who knows the boat personally having been aboard. He was dog walking at the time. Because he was completely unaware that the boat had been stolen and knowing that it is regularly let out he saw nothing unusual about it until speaking to another friend 2 days later (Friday) who confirmed it had been stolen.

A Boater then saw it on Friday 20th between Alrewas and Shobnall "On a Mooring"

All efforts so far to locate the boat have been depressingly negative and Carole is very frustrated at always being a day or two behind the boat. She would however like to extend her heartfelt thanks to everyone who is assisting in spreading the word and looking for the boat.

While I do not think we should lose sight of the fact that it is still possible for the boat suddenly be camouflaged in some way the fact that it is quite obvoiusly cruising in the area local to where it originally went from in what would seem to be its unaltered livery means that it is probably unlikely that it will do so.

This boat is well recognised by lots of people in the vicinty and different people see it with a variety of different people at the tiller on a regular basis so unless the person who sees it knows it is stolen there is nothing to make anyone suspect anything!

The best thing we can all do is make 100% certain that EVERYONE in the area knows it is a stolen boat and knows who to contact the moment they spot it. If you are in the local area and can put a poster in the window of your car/boat/house/local pub/shop then please do so. If you live in Outer mongolia but know someone who might be in the area then please email them now to ask them to keep their eyes open.

I am certain that it will not be too much longer before she is found. Lets hope that maybe we will hear the news we all want before next weekend!

The boat failed to return from hire to Streethay Wharf on March 6th. 12 days later it is spotted by a friend of the owners who knows the boat well just round the corner from Streethay at Alrewas. Plainly it had not been disguised otherwise this friend would have reported that. Two days later it is seen moored up somewhere between Alrewas and Burton on Trent - just a few more hours cruising away.

Despite these reported sightings no one on this forum has seen it.

These are simply not the actions of people who have stolen a boat, or are intending to steal it.

I note that despite several requests the CIN No has still not been provided. This will not be visible to the casual passer by, but if someone seeks to sell the boat it will be of great help. Either a Liverpool Boat fitted out by Grantham Bridge Boat Services will come on to the market with an identifying number, or a not-very-old Liverpool Boat with its CIN number removed from the swim with an angle grinder will turn up for sale.

May we please have that number?

I note that despite several requests the CIN No has still not been provided. This will not be visible to the casual passer by, but if someone seeks to sell the boat it will be of great help. Either a Liverpool Boat fitted out by Grantham Bridge Boat Services will come on to the market with an identifying number, or a not-very-old Liverpool Boat with its CIN number removed from the swim with an angle grinder will turn up for sale.

May we please have that number?

Also, as I said quite a while ago, if it was done correctly to ISO 10087, there should be a duplicate CIN marked in a hidden place.

This place should only be known to the manufacturer who completed the boat and won't be published in the owner's documents. It would be worth the owners checking with the builders to see if this was done when QSS was built in case the "visible" CIN has been ground off.

Richard

How very upsetting this must be and as time goes on they may have to resign themselves to claming from their insurance.

As with all insurance companies they will try to find away out of paying, so make sure you have all the information they will require.

Its well documented on here it was on hire so make sure you have details of your business licence, landlords certificate (if gas on board) RCD or boat safety certificate for the insurance company , oh and I hope that the insurance covered hiring.

Alrerwas on the 18th, Shobnall on the 20th sort of implies that it was heading east..... :lol:

If thats the case it should be in the Shardlow/Sawley area and once at Trent junction it can go in one of three directions

Hopefuly its seen before that.

There is a locky on duty at Sawley, maybe he should be contacted.

Alex

Although on the other thread on Saturday night (21st) she said "we have had friends cover canal from sawley to alrewas today so it could have gone onto the coventry from fradley as it was seen yesturday between snobnall and alrewas it could not have got past our friends "

Edited by Keeping Up

Although on the other thread on Saturday night (21st) she said "we have had friends cover canal from sawley to alrewas today so it could have gone onto the coventry from fradley as it was seen yesturday between snobnall and alrewas it could not have got past our friends "

You are quite right............but I am quite amazed that it has not been spotted yet, where ever it's gone

Alex

Will be heading down to Cov over the next couple of months via Staffie so will keep eyes peeled for any sign, fingers crossed something will turn up. Have friends down that way that don't have internet so will tell them to keep look out.

Forgot to say we are live aboards and cont cruisers so not much gets by us!