Que Sera Sera

Digipete

Featured Posts

As the title of this thread suggests, please keep this one free for information only and not speculation.

Thanks.

This is pure speculation but isn't there another thread that is for info only and this one should be allowed to run its sorry course, to keep the other one free of rubbish?

hi all - this is zoe here i have a free period at work so i have 45 mins to try and read as much as i can on here - my have i missed some things on here-

firstly i want to apologise for not being on here for so long - i do try and pop on but i work at a special needs school and its extremely hard to find time and the reason i aint been on here recently is that my sister in law is expecting and been rushed into hospital with pneumonia so we have been looking after our nephews along with trying to run our livesdaily.

i know i have been on here a couple of times and just left the odd comment thats only because i have grabbed 5 mins and seen something i can comment on nothing else no other reason.

i have read up to page 10 now of this discussion, could someone please help me to answer your questions by writing a list of things you need to know in orderly form so i can print them off and take it to my parents as my father is ill at the moment but this is something they can do without having to do anything in you know what i mean.

all i know at the moment is that the police were going to try and see the cctv again this week and will be calling my parents at the end of the week with details if any.

please if someone could list the questions you all want answering i will help that way.

regards

zoe ps thank you to all for helping my parents so far

put it this way mate its been a month of loss and illness lets hope this month is better

xx

Thank you Zoe.

Hope all your relations get well soon.

When I read this on the other thread I'm sure you said your brother was also ill.

I must have misread or you have made a mistake and changed it.

So is it or is it not insured? I think this is an important question to be answered at this point. It puts a whole new spin on this story.

From everything that has been said, I think we can conclude that;

1. An insurance policy WAS in force on the boat.
  2. That policy included use for hire or reward
  3. The insurers have suggested that they may not pay the claim because of the way the hire was conducted.

It appears to me that the insurers have given an indication that they are likely to refuse the claim (probably on the grounds that the owners did not take sufficient care to check who they were hiring to), but that they are less than certain that they would win if the owners sued them, and that as such they are assisting in order to mitigate their losses should they be found liable.

Weighing up such equations is what insurance companies do all the time.

From everything that has been said, I think we can conclude that;

1. An insurance policy WAS in force on the boat.
  2. That policy included use for hire or reward
  3. The insurers have suggested that they may not pay the claim because of the way the hire was conducted.

It appears to me that the insurers have given an indication that they are likely to refuse the claim (probably on the grounds that the owners did not take sufficient care to check who they were hiring to), but that they are less than certain that they would win if the owners sued them, and that as such they are assisting in order to mitigate their losses should they be found liable.

Weighing up such equations is what insurance companies do all the time.

Where have you found that?

What were the terms of hire

How did the hirers contact you and know you had a boat for hire.

How long from their first contact to the hire day.

Were you contacted by land line or mobile phone.

What false id was used if any. Surnames will do.

If paid by cheque, what surname on cheque. Or was the deal in cash.

Did they have a car when collecting the boat. I think I read the mention of a car was a bit leter after the hire not sure.

What accent did they have.

Did you see what direction they went.

I read there was a sighting 2 days into the hire, is this a definite confirmed sighting.

All I can think of for now.

Where have you found that?

Never seen that before either LOL

What were the terms of hire

How did the hirers contact you and know you had a boat for hire.

How long from their first contact to the hire day.

Were you contacted by land line or mobile phone.

What false id was used if any. Surnames will do.

If paid by cheque, what surname on cheque. Or was the deal in cash.

Did they have a car when collecting the boat. I think I read the mention of a car was a bit leter after the hire not sure.

What accent did they have.

Did you see what direction they went.

I read there was a sighting 2 days into the hire, is this a definite confirmed sighting.

All I can think of for now.

I'm still not sure how the answers to these questions will help me spot a boat, whilst walking along the towpath.

Edited by carlt

I think questions are being asked as there is certainly a discrepancy somewhere.

No, you're right answers will not help the boat being found, but it will take away the "doubt" regarding the circumstances of the "theft".

We are going away this weekend and, yes, I will be looking even though I find this to be "not quite right".

I feel for their potential loss and I hope the vessel is located soon.

Martyn

Then, if I was the owner, my answer would be "Mind your own business, if you don't want to help, don't."

Nobody interrogated the owners of previous boats, stolen, about their private affairs and I think this is shameful.

Anyone who may have taken this boat is innocent, until proven guilty and this kangaroo court is just cruel.

Then, if I was the owner, my answer would be "Mind your own business, if you don't want to help, don't."

Nobody interrogated the owners of previous boats, stolen, about their private affairs and I think this is shameful.

Anyone who may have taken this boat is innocent, until proven guilty and this kangaroo court is just cruel.

I agree it is shameful and a poor reflection on this forum.

The armchair "Sherlocks" have very sadly lost sight of the issue at hand.

I'm still not sure how the answers to these questions will help me spot a boat, whilst walking along the towpath.

The boat has now been missing a month, with all the people on this and other forums looking it has not been spotted. I believe it's no longer on the water and it's a planned theft. Other boats have gone missing also. Looking for the boat is fine, but not enough, finding the theives will have a better chance of locating the boat.

False id's stolen cheques might well have been used elsewhere, for instance at a marina, if so then it's likely the boat could be in that particular area. Where these id come from might be a clue.

I have already stated this could be the work of plant thieves, they will spend money ie cash to get what they want. If the boat was paid in cash then this will confirm they will expect a return, so likely to be pro thieves.

The boat may well turn up on the water somewhere, unlikely IMO any and all info is useful if it rings a bell with someone somewhere, that's why the police will ask all the same questions. Problem with police is they probably have 1 man looking, with this forum and others with membership well in excess of 10,000 if only 10% take any notice, that's 1000 people, if they are armed with relevant accurate information there's a chance that something will click with someone which might result in catching the theives and as a resuly recover the boat.

Any and all accurate info could be useful and aid in finding the boat. No point in approaching this blinkered.

I agree it is shameful and a poor reflection on this forum.

The armchair "Sherlocks" have very sadly lost sight of the issue at hand.

You carry on searching blinkered my friend , best of luck :lol:

Did the owners of previously stolen boats give true and appropiate information?

Not always, there were various false leads and errors associated with all of them.

As I've said before, if you've lost such a huge thing then you're bound to be affected, emotionally, especially if there are question marks over whether you were adequately insured.

A group of people who are quizzing you about your private affairs, without a concern over how distraught you could be, won't help. either.

If you don't want to assist, don't, but don't add to the stress by needlessly making accusations.

If you haven't got anything constructive to say, shut up!

Personally I think it's time to stop harassing this family and close down all threads, except one issuing information, which is locked and updated by a mod.

If this family are telling the truth, no matter how incompetently, and it is making one of them ill, through stress and worry, then these unfounded accusations and needless interrogation will make it worse.

In short, the naysayers might well be causing someone's ill-health.

Proud?

Carl, I can see where you are coming from, but some of the info might be useful. Certain elements of my job are "investigative" although thankfully not generally of criminal acts. I tend to work on the principle of gain as many facts as you can even if you can't see why they'd be useful at this stage, subject of course to privacy considerations.

Bearing in mind that the boat may now have completely changed appearance knowing something of the hirers would potentially be useful. What did they look like? What accent? What name did they use? It might help if a newly painted boat with no name visible turns up at a marina to buy diesel for example.

I'd agree though that the people whose boat is missing shouldn't be treated as suspects themselves just because there are inconsistencies. The truth is usually messy with loose ends everywhere.

edited to remove double negative

Edited by magpie patrick