Que Sera Sera

Digipete

Featured Posts

Perhaps it may help in this case and perhaps not, but when looking for a missing boat it would be nice to identify its profile and window/door layout easily.

I was thinking those siloette (?) type cards you see used in the old war films just the shape and in the case of NB's window layout.

It's not hard to change the paint finish or even remove cratch and pram covers but its whole other job to change the steelworks shape?

Dumb idea?

Paul

The port holes at the rear of QSS are the only slightly unusual parts of the boat - and they could quite easily and quickly be changed to a bus type windows - without even damaging the paintwork. :lol:

As an alternative I think it was "Bones" who fitted aftermarket side doors which were again only a days work, but with these the new paint may be a bit more obvious.

Obviously both the above would need work to the linings but we wouldn't be able to see that bit from the outside.

The port holes at the rear of QSS are the only slightly unusual parts of the boat - and they could quite easily and quickly be changed to a bus type windows - without even damaging the paintwork. :lol:

Alternatively, and even less saw cutting, simply add another port hole to each side of the rear of QSS, giving it what I think is a much more common Liverpool Boat appearance.

It's hard to come up with a much more anonymous and easily (externally) disguised boat, in my view. It would be easy to make it like several just amongst those in our small marina

It's probably no coincidence that somebody thought this was an easy one to hide or disguise.

I know this sounds absolutely daft but has the boats home mooring been rechecked - there is always a very very remote possibility that the hirers returned it late which is a possible explanation for all the alleged sightings in the immediate area and if its thought the boat is stolen then the last place anyone would think to look would be there.

its zoe i arranged that (ebay) sorry - i am trying to catch up on here butits taking so long we have had illness in our family with my sister in law being pregnant with pneumonia therefore looking after her children

i have noted some things to ask my parents but im at work at the momnet so i will try and get in touch with them asap

LETS STOP PRESUMMING THINGS PLEASE my parents really are computer illiterate

regards

zoe

Remembering, of course, that the owners are self-proclaimed computer illiterates, yet managed both to advertise on and take a booking from eBay. Did the hirers leave feedback?

its zoe i arranged that (ebay) sorry - i am trying to catch up on here butits taking so long we have had illness in our family with my sister in law being pregnant with pneumonia therefore looking after her children

i have noted some things to ask my parents but im at work at the momnet so i will try and get in touch with them asap

LETS STOP PRESUMMING THINGS PLEASE my parents really are computer illiterate

regards

zoe

Terms of the deal Carole, surname on the cheque or was cash paid? how did the hire enquiry begin, through e-bay mobile phone, etc etc I'm sure the police have asked the same, but details like this might ring bells and give a clue as to intentions of thieves :lol:

Sorry Zoe :lol:

Edited by Julynian

I have tried today to contact the boat engineer who was known to have had a boat by the name of Que Sera in for work in the not too distant future but his mobile line went directly to voicemail so I will need to check again tomorrow.

I have had 2 texts from Carole today:

"Had a word with police they are going to ask if they can take CCTV from Marina to try and enhance it to get more of his number plate"

the second text read:

"Insurance company rang informing all boat yards. I told them we had done loads but another call can only help. Also emailing photo's"

I have noticed that in just about all the 6 (or so) threads on this topic, the pictures of Que Sera Sera have gone missing.

This is because Distinctive Charters have removed the boats details from their site, and most references were to this.

Fortunately MoominPapa is still hosting a set of pictures on his site.

For anyone who wants reminding of the boats appearance, here they are again.

2.jpg

3.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

Re.Rose's last post and the quote from Carol re. insurance company contacting boatyards. I certainly understood that the boat was not covered because it was hired out. Why then would the insurance co act in this way if they jhad no interest in the outcome - altruism :lol:

I really can't see that asking these sort of questions is any business of this forum and is pure speculation based on what might have been said or deduced or equally might not. This is not a Kangaroo Court, so all we need to do is find the boat by getting off our arses and looking for it. If we succeed then all of the questions will answer themselves and those that don't are none of our business any way!!

If you want answers to these sort of personal questions then phone Carole and ask her, on the number she has given on this forum!

Roger

I really can't see that asking these sort of questions is any business of this forum and is pure speculation based on what might have been said or deduced or equally might not.

The owners have previously volunteered through Rose that the boat was probably not covered by insurance.

They have now, via Rose again, indicated that the insurance company is contacting boatyards.

There is no speculation here, it's what we have been told. Nothing judgemental - no kangaroo court.

No doubt I'll get ticked off again, but I really can't understand why PB's question should be considered a problem.

It seems that every time we are given two bits of information that appear to contradict each other, it's considered unreasonable to ask for clarification.

Why ? What's the problem ?

No doubt I'll get ticked off again, but I really can't understand why PB's question should be considered a problem.

It seems that every time we are given two bits of information that appear to contradict each other, it's considered unreasonable to ask for clarification.

Why ? What's the problem ?

the problem could be that pb didnt ask a question, he made a sarcastic comment. by adding the word altruism to his comment, he is like many others suggesting there maybe hidden agenda's, maybe!

sorry to jump in, but just answering your question.

the problem could be that pb didnt ask a question, he made a sarcastic comment. by adding the word altruism to his comment, he is like many others suggesting there maybe hidden agenda's, maybe!

Well if there were hidden agendas then the script would kind of pan out the way it has so far - so it's fair comment and a not unfair assumption

Well if there were hidden agendas then the script would kind of pan out the way it has so far - so it's fair comment and a not unfair assumption

without wishing to fall out with anyone, it wasnt fair comment it was a sarcastic remark, and not an assumtion.

i have read this thread quite thoroughly and have my own views on it. if i thought that a serious question needed answering and it affected me i would ask the person responsible personally.

i know by entering into a forum, the owners are committing themselves to speculation, but some of the one line sarcastic comments on here leave a lot to be desired. pb's comment was in all fairness quite light.

btw i was just answering the question. so please dont shoot the messenger.

"The owners have previously volunteered through Rose that the boat was probably not covered by insurance.

They have now, via Rose again, indicated that the insurance company is contacting boatyards."

Was it not the Distinctive Charters web site which said that the loss wasn't covered by insurance? I don't recall the owners saying that. I was glad when I read the owners reference to their insurance company as it might mean that if the boat doesn't turn up, they might pay out.

I feel very sorry for the owners and hope their boat is found. Lets all keep looking although I don't think there is much chance of seeing it in Scotland :-)

haggis

Was it not the Distinctive Charters web site which said that the loss wasn't covered by insurance? I don't recall the owners saying that. I was glad when I read the owners reference to their insurance company as it might mean that if the boat doesn't turn up, they might pay out.

OK not unequivocally "not insured", but from the way Rose reported it, I think many were assuming that.....

It has been confirmed to me by Carole that there is doubt over the validity of their insurance policy on the boat at this time. I think this fact is demonstrable evidence that this is not a scam.

So is it or is it not insured? I think this is an important question to be answered at this point. It puts a whole new spin on this story.

I still fail to see what relevance this has to the search for a boat.

Surely this is only importand should the boat NOT be found. If those who are able to keep their eyes open for the boat then surely there is a chance this might have a happy ending after all

sorry to jump in, but just answering your question.

Your point is a reasonable one - PB's question would probably have been better without that one extra word in.

However you have quoted my response to Roger Gunkel. Roger was not objecting, in my view, to that word, he was saying it was unreasonable to be asking the question at all.

I don't agree with that, I'm afraid.

There has been so munch "no information" or "misinformation" in a case where people have been asked to help, that I feel where two bits of "information" don't agree, it's quite reasonable to ask why.

Many people are objecting to other forum contributors jumping to conclusions, or having hidden agendas. This has not happened in the case of previous missing boats, so it's not something that forum members do automatically. It's happening here, in my view, because of a lack of straight answers to straight questions.

There is no reason why questions cannot be answered without every individual forum member chasing the owners directly.

The daughter, Zoe, has logged on, and passed comment, so must be seeing the questions.

I'd still like to see this responded to....

http://www.canalworld.net/forums/index.php...mp;#entry349089

What am I asking in there that is unreasonable ? Where is the speculation, or hidden agenda ?

Many people are objecting to other forum contributors jumping to conclusions, or having hidden agendas. This has not happened in the case of previous missing boats, so it's not something that forum members do automatically. It's happening here, in my view, because of a lack of straight answers to straight questions.

There was speculation and conclusion jumping about Cragdale and if this quote, in an earlier Que serasera thread is anything to go by, there still is;

But I do think that while we should keep an eye out for the boat, we should not leap to the conclusion that it was stolen. That is for the authorities to judge. It should be described as "missing". This forum made that mistake once before a couple of years ago, with a boat named Cragdale.