Que Sera Sera More Information

Featured Posts

Has there been a 100% certain positive ID of the boat - if so where and when ?

This is an important question, if a definite siting then a lot of canal can be narrowed down.

I did mention earlier the circumstances of the hire, ID of hirers payment method etc. This could prove to be important info, as if the hirers have recieved false ID or paid in cash to avoid being traced in the money trail, then you could ascertain weather the cuouple are boat thieves using hire as a scam. It's strange that if this was the case as I initially suspected that the boat would be long gone now, so that sighting is important.

They could be just taking the mick, handing the boat to someone else for a freebee holiday. They could have got the details of the boat from the e-bay listing and used it to arrange viewing for a sale whilst on hire and piss off with the money. The boat could be in the hands of someone who thinks they now own it. Think outside the box a bit.

More info on the couple hiring and the deal will HELP

More info:

Crime number - for anyone who might want it: XA-17173 2009

The licence is a business & Leisure licence (printed on it) which, for a boat which does not look like a business boat is unusual (Carole seems to think)

The first sighting was made by a live aboard boater who is reported to be a reliable witness and described the boat to a tee!

The last sighting - a couple on the towpath spotted it - she remembered it because she started singing Que Sera Sera! they had seen it 30 mins before talking to the owners - They drove to The Anchor Inn (bridge 28) just beyond Hartshill and Tony waited there while their son ran all the way back to the canal junction - he did not see any moving boats in that time.

This is why they feel the boat had turned around.

I would like to apologise to the boats owners and their daughter for my previous comments.

I was out of order and the comments were unjustified.

There are a great deal of good people on here and I suppose I just rose to their defense in error.

SORRY

Martyn

More info:

The licence is a business & Leisure licence (printed on it) which, for a boat which does not look like a business boat is unusual (Carole seems to think)

The first sighting was made by a live aboard boater who is reported to be a reliable witness and described the boat to a tee!

The last sighting - a couple on the towpath spotted it - she remembered it because she started singing Que Sera Sera! they had seen it 30 mins before talking to the owners - They drove to The Anchor Inn (bridge 28) just beyond Hartshill and Tony waited there while their son ran all the way back to the canal junction - he did not see any moving boats in that time.

So a full two weeks after it was taken, it is only about a day and a half's cruising from it's original location, and still has the name painted on the side so it's instantly recognisable to towpath walkers.

These are not very good thieves, are they ? This one gets stranger and stranger with each passing day, but it does sound like they aren't going to be hard to find.

dont worry about it now lets all stick together and help find our boat

regards

zoe

I would like to apologise to the boats owners and their daughter for my previous comments.

I was out of order and the comments were unjustified.

There are a great deal of good people on here and I suppose I just rose to their defense in error.

SORRY

Martyn

Just read sighting by Rose

I left Grendon on Sat pm and definately did not pass it

It got daqrk arount Marston Lane though

So could have hid it up the Ashby

I am now at pitstone and did not see it in daylight

Sounds like you have got yourself a flyboat there! :lol:

Thanks Malcolm! I presume you passed quite a lot of boats while travelling in the dark though? What area did you cover by darkness?

I guess you would have already passed the Ashby before 13:30 on Sunday though at that pace?

Edited by cheshire~rose

I am sure having spoken to Rose that there is unlikely to be anything suspicious regarding the owners of the boat. I have also sung the song (badly) as I passed Streethay in the past.

I am surprised that the police are not able (for whatever reason) to give this the priority it deserves. I would be contacting the Chief Constable myself in this situation but to some this is daunting.

Some of the issues with previous stolen boats didn't seem to add up either.

I really hope we as a virtual community can fill the gaps for these people.

Lets try to find their boat.

I have just read some,not all of the thead about the boat Holly.

Coinsidance maybe but it went missing following a hire and this was in March of that year.

The chap who did this was found guilty and given a suspended sentence.

is there any connection?

Just a thought.

Martyn

More info:

Thanks, just for the sake of clarity, do we know which force that crime number is for? (Would assume West Mids but don't want to guess).

Also, does anyone have any local knowledge of any other boats going by the same name in the area as the sighting? Is it possible it could be a well intentioned false positive sighting?

I have just read some,not all of the thead about the boat Holly.

Coinsidance maybe but it went missing following a hire and this was in March of that year.

The chap who did this was found guilty and given a suspended sentence.

is there any connection?

Just a thought.

Martyn

Possibly, but I seem to remember that the man who took Holly was on his own?

I think that we all need to give the owners a break, and likewise tempers need to calm down from bothsides. Clearly it is a difficult time for the owners, but bickering between members on here doesn't help anyone.

Tom & Caroles daughter, what's your name? it feels very impersonal just referring to you as just ' Tom & Carole's daugther'.

Jon

Also, would people make use of a poster to download that can be pinned in pubs/shops/boat windows?

Tom & Caroles daughter, what's your name? it feels very impersonal just referring to you as just ' Tom & Carole's daugther'.

She signed herself Zoe, Jon, but also it's Tony and Carole, rather than Tom and Carole, I think.