Que Sera Sera More Information

Featured Posts

In fairness Carole, that was posted at just about the same time as yours, so the poster didn't realise that you'd just answered the questions.

I think people are just getting frustrated that they hadn't had the information they needed to help search, and a valuable few days were lost.

Please continue to post all you can, however trivial you may think it is, as anything may be of help in the hunt for your boat.

Good luck!

Janet

Hi Carole,

I don't think anyone was being rude - there was more than one thread running at the same time and while information was added to one thread people were still asking questions on the old one.

The various threds have now been merged which makes it look as though some people have posted questions which have already been answered a while earlier.

Can you confirm the sightings of the boat made yesterday (Sunday) it was still the same colour?

I would like to add - as I have unlimited free text messages I had forwarded the message on to everyone I know who owns a boat whose number was in my phone. (thats 21 by the way!)

Many of them are on the canal, others live or work near a canal and at least one is a born and bred boater who I know has contacts at every corner of the network. I would like to thank everyone who forwarded on my text to all their boating friends and in this way we can reach corners of the network where there are not so many internet connections.

If I get any further updates I will do the same. If anyone would like me to add them to my phone book to forward on any relevant info if I get it then please PM me with your phone number.

BECAUSE YOUR ALL SPELLING THE NAME WRONG ITS QUE SERA SERA NOT SARA SARA -

im gonna leave it til tommorrow now i have had a terrible day stressed and upset some of you lot are horrible and by the way its the daughter as you know my parents dont even have a computer and my dad is ill

Neither of my boats are on Jim Sheads list either, but I can assure you that they DO exist!

You'll have to read all the threads they have started to get the full story, unless or untill the mods can merge them.

Anyway, now that the owners have supplied some info that we can get our teeth into, then "the game's afoot".

Hi all

i have noticed some members are spelling the name wrong its QUE SERA SERA not QUE SARA SARA

thanks

daughter of owner

Maybe there are no boats called Que Sera Sera on Jim Shead's page but there are two with number 511284:

BLUE MOON Built by LIVERPOOL BOATS - Length 17.69 metres (58 feet ) - Beam 2.09 metres (6 feet 10 inches ) Metal hull power of 35. Registered with British Waterways number 511284 as a Powered. Last registration recorded on 19-Apr-08.

Ashley

I have just spoken to Tony (the owner) and he has confirmed that Que Sera Sera was formerly Blue Moon and they changed the name of it.

He has also confirmed that the sightings made yesterday (Sunday) the colour of the boat was unchanged

We are still looking for a boat that stands a chance of being the same as that in the photos guys!

Edited by cheshire~rose

im gonna leave it til tommorrow now i have had a terrible day stressed and upset some of you lot are horrible and by the way its the daughter as you know my parents dont even have a computer and my dad is ill

Hi all

i have noticed some members are spelling the name wrong its QUE SERA SERA not QUE SARA SARA

thanks

daughter of owner

How to make friends and influence people :lol:

That should help to motivate!

Edited by johnjo

I'm still going to follow this story and I do hope they get their boat back safe and sound. However with an atitude such as the "offspring" I don't want to help.

Dad seems more level headed.

Martyn

Sorry i shouldn't be so nasty.

Edited by Nightwatch1

motivate???? people have been nothing but harsh on here with the few exceptions. we have explained all our circumstances and yet people still seem to think its weird in some way.

nothing weird my parents own a superb family boat that they no longer have in their possession we are law abiding citizens and i wont have such things said against my family sorry for being over the top but they are my parents.

we are all so thankful to people that have helped or want to help and im sure we will find it if we all pull together but silly bickering will never help find our boat

regards

very upset daughter of owners

How to make friends and influence people :lol:

That should help to motivate!

the offspring is an adult thank you

how dare you?

my dad is ill and confussed most days so good judege of character you are?

dont know how i can let a idiot over the internet make me cry you t**t how dare you make me feel like this

keep away thanks

I'm still going to follow this story and I do hope they get their boat back safe and sound. However with an atitude such as the "offspring" I don't want to help.

Dad seems more level headed.

Martyn

Sorry i shouldn't be so nasty.

ok

With that attitude i will not bother thank you

what are you saying? i dont understand you?

what have we done wrong and what more do you all want from us?

come on give us a clue

what most upset me is that some said its probably their children borrowed it without asking how rude? dont you think and then saying things did not add up without asking us ie the name was changed from blue moon after all so many were wrong

I rest my case.

I'm not the one who ought to stay away am I.

Martyn

Edited by carole 'que sera sera'

I've posted a link to this thread on the Facebook "Living on a Narrowboat" group. It has over 400 members so maybe it'll spread the word a bit more and get a few more people keeping an eye out for you.

Good luck.

Sarah

I was about to post this about 10 mins ago and then I need to reboot - better late than never I guess!

I really do not think any of us should be too judgemental. If we think back to the first time we used an internet forum I am certain we all got the wrong end of the stick on occasions ( I know I did more than once :lol: )and if you happened to be under a severe amount of stress due to family problems exacepated (sp?) by the theft of the families pride and joy while trying to hold down a stressful job and getting no assistance from the police in the matter.

I think we can all do one of two things - sit back - do nothing and think there but for the grace of God etc or we can think if there is anything we can do to assist.

If there is nothing productive that we can do then probably better not to do anything.

Having spoken to both Carole & Tony on the telephone they sound a lovely couple - the sort you would happily strike up a conversation with at any lock.

When this nightmare is over for them and they have Que Sera Sera back safe and sound I know that I for one would like to invite them along to a banter so they can meet us and realise just how many wonderful people there are on this forum.

I rest my case.

I'm not the one who ought to stay away am I.

Martyn

If the thread is of no interest to you then yes, maybe you should.

If anybody here can say how they'd react, losing such a valuable part of their lives then they may be in a position to criticise. I know I, and especially swmbo, did not react as I would have expected, when vandals destroyed my boat.

Personally I'm astonished at the insensitivity of some posts.

If you are not willing, or able,to help, with the mount of information provided, then don't but, to attack the people who are the victims of this crime is horrible.

When Holly was stolen progress was reported by a computer savvy employee, discussing her business, not a family who has lost a personal possession, worth many tens of thousands of pounds.

Of course there will be a difference in the professionalism of the two approaches but to attack this family because you don't approve of the efficiency of their information dispersal is just downright cruel.

Whoa there!

Come on everyone. Let's all step back, count to ten and start again....

There have been some misunderstandings and rudeness on here which doesn't show us CWDF members in a good light. I know many are frustrated by the lack of forthcoming information, but the family are new to forums and understandably upset about the loss of their boat. I know it took me ages to get to grips with forum "etiquette" when I first started.

Cut them some slack please? Let's leave personal attacks and comments out of it, and concentrate on finding that boat!

Janet

people have been nothing but harsh on here with the few exceptions.

I think that is very unfair to many people who have tried, and tried, to help, even though good information was sorely lacking for days, and even though trying to get it has been an uphill struggle.

No, not all. One or two maybe, but most have been accurate, I think.

People are not obliged to come to your parents aid, but previous experience on the forum has seen people turning out for group searches, and many individuals walking their local towpaths looking for somebody's stolen boat. The boating community tend to rally round in this kind of situation, or at least do, if treated right.

If you are asking for help, it pays to listen to the voice of experience of those who have been there before.

I hope your family found the boat, but I can't be the only one confused by why it is apparently such a short distance from where it was taken, after such a long time missing, or why it was on a canal that is a dead end. These don't sound very competent thieves, so here's hoping you get lucky.

Alan

Having spoken to both Carole & Tony on the telephone they sound a lovely couple - the sort you would happily strike up a conversation with at any lock.

So Rose,

For those who are trying to sort out the wheat from the chaff.....

What do we definitely know ?

Has there been a 100% certain positive ID of the boat - if so where and when ?

Why is it believed it's heading to Coventry, (as I think was stated).

If it's position is known with some accuracy, what has to happen next ?

Hear Hear cheshire rose - I was about to say something similar but I agree entirely with what you said.

These folk are clearly entirely unused to a forum like this - I've lurked around for the last 4 years and I'm still not used to it!!

The lack of speedy info from them has been a great pity but then maybe they weren't even logged in to know we were clamouring away for it.

Also they probably won't have knowlege of the Cragdale and Holly etc sagas and how effective this site was in recovering them.

Lets back off a bit now with the speculative comments and hopefully get on with some useful boat searching

I'm ready to go looking along the Wey and Arun if we get a sighting down here :lol::lol:

Richard

So Rose,

For those who are trying to sort out the wheat from the chaff.....

What do we definitely know ?

Has there been a 100% certain positive ID of the boat - if so where and when ?

Why is it believed it's heading to Coventry, (as I think was stated).

If it's position is known with some accuracy, what has to happen next ?

We know the boat was last sighted on the Coventry Canal close to its junction with the Ashby - heading towards Coventry - it was still the same colour. This was at around 13:30 on Sunday 15th March.

The speculation: The owners covered as much of that area of canal as they could on Sunday and felt certain that as they had not spotted the boat and it was unlikely to have got very far ahead of them at that time it was possible it had turned somewhere and headed back - possibly back up the Ashby?

That is all I know at present so the boat could have stopped somewhere in that area and been repainted (its been great weather for a spot of painting today!) so we might not be looking for a blue boat any more if we are looking in that vicinity. It could also have moved off in any direction so - back up the Ashby or a day and a half's crusing from the junction in either direction. There are a few possible routes so rather than speculate on where perhaps anyone within a couple of days cruising of the Ashby Canal can just keep a very sharp eye open for anything that could be suspicious.

Good information.

If they have had it two weeks and not tried painting it, it would seem a bit odd if they only started now. Unless they thought they were being tumbled, of course.

But it's hard to know what's in their head, I guess, if they really haven't put any more canal between them and Streethay in that time - I assumed, (wrongly it now seems!), that they would be much much further away.

Al least people know where to look now. As you said previously, a shame the call to mobilise wasn't made at the weekend, but hopefully things will now go up a gear.