Que Sera Sera More Information

Featured Posts

------------------------------------

Site Crew Edit

Continued from here

For full circumstances see here

------------------------------------

i would just like to start by saying thank you to all those who are looking for our boat today and we have had one sighting today on the ashby canal us as a family walked around 18 miles today but no luck- so to all thiose people asking questions why we have not been on here to update you all its

1) because we have been walking the tow paths for days now#

2) as said previously we are struggling with using a computer so have to wait for our daughter to help which is difficult with work etc

3) having a day off work with the current credit crunch is not good

4) just to add we are devestated and people can be so upsetting and hurtful we have put our heart soul and life savings ionto this boat so yes we are doing all we can- the canal is sucha big place to cover by foot

5) with the illness suffered by my husband of late walking the towpath is not as easy as it sounds

HERE IS SOME MORE INFORMATION PEOPLE HAVE BEEN ASKING FOR:

1) INDEX BOAT NUMBER WE ARE TOLD WILL NOT HELP

2) THE RAIL AROUND THE STERN IS WOODEN PAINTED CREAM - PAINT CHIPPING OFF DUE TO WINTER WEATHER

3) ACCELORATOR HANDLE THE BUTTON IS MISSING AT THE NEUTRAL BOTTOM ON THE HANDLE IN THE MIDDLE

4) STERN HAD A LARGE BLACK WAFFLE RUBBER MAT COVERING THE WOODEN ENGINE FLOOR, THE SURROUNDING FLOOR IS PAINTED IN LIGHT BLUE, FEW SCUFFS MISSING PAINT WITH WEAR AND TEAR

5)THERE WAS A LARGE WHITE PLASTIC BOX ON THE BACK OF THE STERN USED TO KEEP SPARE CASSETTEE IN

6) THERE WAS A CREAM PADDED AND CROME FRAMED STOOL ON THE STERN WITH BACK REST THE HYDROLIC TO ALTER HEIGHT WITH CROME ATTACHED FOOT REST.

7) THERE WAS A WOODEN PLANK JUST PLAIN WOOD. POLE CREAM WITH BRASS HOOK. CJILDS BLUE FISHING NET. GREY HANDLE MOP. WOODEN HANDLE DECK BRUSH ALL TIED WITH BUNGY CLIPS ONTO RACK ALL SITUATED TO THE REAR PORTHOE SIDE OF TH BOAT

8) HARD WOOD CRAFT FRAME JUST VARNISHED

9)IN CRATCH WAS A DARK WOODEN TABLE TOP PATTERN HEXAGNAL SHAPE FOLD UP

10) EITHER SIDE OF FRONT CRATCH IS STORAGE THEY HAVE COVERED IN THE SAME BLUE MATERIAL AS THE CRATCH COVER.

11) THE CRATCH COVER HAS TWO CLEAR PLASTIC WINDOWS EITHER SIDE (LARGE)

12) PLEASE CALL CAROLE ON 07825331217 IF YOU HAVE ANY INFORMATION AND BEFORE SOMEONE SAYS ANYTHING WE HAVE A SEPERATE PHONE LINE FOR PRIVET PHONE CALLS SO ITS FINE TO POST IT ON HERE

please if you need anything else just ask and we will get round to it. its just hard when were out all day looking.

thanks to all for helping

regards

carole and tony

ps - people who are questionning us really should make the effort to contact us and we will be happy to put them in the clar picture rather than listening to and reading such nonsense few people are writing on here. no offense meant to all those helping us THANK YOU SO MUCH

I'll try one more time.

You appear not to want to give us descriptions of the "hirers" - I really don't understand why.

If it's a genuine theft, much effort will already have gone into changing the appearance of the boat, and unfortunately that will likely mean junking, (or hiding) of much of what you describe above.

"If everybody is looking for a Liverpool Boat with a cratch, lets make sure it doesn't have one - etc., etc."

Knowing who is likely to be crewing, (or painting!), the boat must enhance your chances of it being found.

I'm not close enough to help, but as Rose says, based on previous events, if today had not been handled the way it was, you would probably have got a posse of Ashby Canal walkers, all very willing to help.

So will you tell us about the hirers, and if not, why not, please ?

Alan

To Carol and Tony. I am too far away to help in any way, but would just like to wish you the best of luck. This must have been the most awful experience for you both, no one deserves these events in life. A few on this forum have appeared a little harsh, just ignore them, most of us would help in any way we can - any excuse to look at boats and be nosey, also by the grace of god and all that. I do hope your boat has been sighted and you get it back very soon in one piece. Keep us posted and fingers crossed.

If it were my boat I daresay I'd be out on the towpaths too, but remember this - the more information you post here, the more help you will get. It's worth 'wasting' 2 hours on here if it means that for the rest of the week, or month, or however long it takes, there won't just be one family scouring the towpaths, there'll be hundreds of 'em. It might seem like a distraction from the main search, but it's time well spent.

I hope you find your boat very soon.

A few on this forum have appeared a little harsh, just ignore them, most of us would help in any way we can

Hmmmm!

Although I am currently out of the country I have passed the data released so far on to all my water based contacts in or around the area concerned. I have done so on trust.

That being said, I have to confess that the information and situation described makes my cynical ex-journalist senses twitch alarmingly......

No insult or implication intended.......at this point....... but I can clearly see why there are some concerns here

To Carol and Tony. I am too far away to help in any way, but would just like to wish you the best of luck. This must have been the most awful experience for you both, no one deserves these events in life. A few on this forum have appeared a little harsh, just ignore them, most of us would help in any way we can - any excuse to look at boats and be nosey, also by the grace of god and all that. I do hope your boat has been sighted and you get it back very soon in one piece. Keep us posted and fingers crossed.

I'm sorry but I take exception to that, all any of us has asked for is INFORMATION, of course we are concerned that their boat has been stolen but even now we are not getting the information required to spot the people who have taken this boat. Good descriptions of them would make it ten times more likely to find them and the boat. Whilst I applaud the fact they have been walking the canals to find their boat, it's Sunday, dozens of forum members could have been out looking. Tomorrow's Monday and most if not all will be back at work, so a unique opportunity has slipped by because they WOULDN'T take twenty minutes to post the info. If they could have done that in the first place, who knows what progress would have been made, and yet still no description. Don't say we are being a little harsh, ignore them, we are bloody frustrated at being asked to help and then no info. I really do hope they get their boat back in one piece, but if they want us to help, they have to reciprocate with the info. How many times do we have to ask.??????????????????????

For my tuppence worth, I think a description of the "hirers" would be useful (unless I've missed it here somewhere...?).

You can paint a boat but it's less easy have liposuction and plastic surgery and elecution lessons and to keep a wig on your head on a windy day whilst on the cut! I'm as likely to be looking out for the people as the boat.

What's going on? What's all this "hurt" business? For goodness sake if this boat is to be found we need all the information we can get. It is quicker to type 505352 (thats my index by the way and it's not been nicked) than to type "index number will not help". If someone asks for information about the hirers it is not a criticism or a cruel twisting of the knife, it is a genuine enquiry after relevant information. Time is of the essence and if getting information is to be like pulling teeth then we'll not be able to find it, simple as that.

I was all for finding this boat for the owners and like some other members, wanted more info, that was not coming through.

Then I read a post that I am being unreasonable with my comments and requests so I now want to back off and not cause trouble for others. As I say if they find their boat, great.

I am not the one withholding valuable info to assist in getting "MY" boat found.

Martyn

I was all for finding this boat for the owners and like some other members, wanted more info, that was not coming through.

Then I read a post that I am being unreasonable with my comments and requests so I now want to back off and not cause trouble for others. As I say if they find their boat, great.

I am not the one withoholding valuable info to assist in getting "MY" boat found.

Martyn

This all seems a little strange to me :lol:

What does?

I don't think Dutch is refering to your post Martyn.

I read his post to mean that the whole saga seems a little strange. If that is what he meant, I agree, there is something very odd about all this.

edited:- to correct name of earlier poster.

Edited by David Schweizer

Of course there's always the (probably unfortunately remote) possibility that it's just an administrative cock-up. and that there are couple of hirers blissfully enjoying the second week of their supposed fortnight's holiday.

I wonder what the leasing company's obligations to the owners are, given that they "arrange bookings and handle payments".

For my tuppence worth, I think a description of the "hirers" would be useful (unless I've missed it here somewhere...?).

You can paint a boat but it's less easy have liposuction and plastic surgery and elecution lessons and to keep a wig on your head on a windy day whilst on the cut! I'm as likely to be looking out for the people as the boat.

What's going on? What's all this "hurt" business? For goodness sake if this boat is to be found we need all the information we can get. It is quicker to type 505352 (thats my index by the way and it's not been nicked) than to type "index number will not help". If someone asks for information about the hirers it is not a criticism or a cruel twisting of the knife, it is a genuine enquiry after relevant information. Time is of the essence and if getting information is to be like pulling teeth then we'll not be able to find it, simple as that.

(In my view) some common sense starting to prevail again.

But expect to get lambasted for your insensitivity, I suspect.

Perhaps the owners, being new to the forum, have no idea of it's size, number of members, scope of experience, or track record in turning out in support of this kind of in incident ?

In case not.....

The forum has a vast number of members, nearly all directly involved with the canals in some way or another.

Large numbers sign on, and post on a more or less daily basis.

Massively more sit observing from the sidelines - they may not actually post, but they are paying attention.

We have policemen, British Waterways employees, boat builders, boat repairers, boat painters, boat brokers, chandlery operators, etc, etc.

In many cases people with their ear to the ground who would be well placed to know if an attempt was being made to alter, paint, sell, hide, or crane out a stolen boat, (or even just buy new bits for it, after distinctive ones had been dumped).

On top of that the forum has hundreds of people living on their boats, either statically, or on the move - people cruising the very waterways where this boat might have gone.

The forum probably represents a better chance of finding Que Sera Sera than any other resource.

So let there be no doubt, it can help, has helped others, but without fullest information, after this long, your hopes are dwindling.

It's up to you - 'nuf said.

Edited by alan_fincher

I just had a text from Cheshire~Rose:

Just spoken to carole - owner. Last sighted near junction with ashby heading towards coventry at around one thirty yesterday. At 9 am yesterday was at shackerstone. Police officer handling theft is on holiday for 2 weeks and no one else is helping them. Police have not even looked at cctv of hiresr arriving at base yet so information is very sketchy. She has agreed to txt me any urgent updates so i can forward to other forum members. Please pass on to anyone who might be in area and able so assist

At the risk of seeming insensitive, this thread is starting to remind me of:

Would it not be better if the mods put up a sticky, locked thread, with a description of the boat (and they can add any further information, as it arrives) and then this one can carry on debating the correct way to behave, when one of the most valuable possessions you are ever likely to own, goes missing.

I just had a text from Cheshire~Rose:

That's good news. A positive sighting. Is the boat still in the original colour scheme, do you know? Probably heading towards Braunston - not many places to run to if they go to Coventry.

We are out on Copperkins for a few days from tomorrow and we will keep a look out at the top of the Trent and Mersey although it is probably a bit far for the boat to have reached.

Haggis.