STOLEN NARROWBOAT

Liam

Featured Posts

Any news on the whereabouts of this boat yet?

Descriptions of the "hirers" maybe.

we are working on it will be done tonight

regards

Am I the only one who doesn't understand why such useful information has still not been published ?

I'd say that every day that passes further reduces the chances of them being found.

Alan

I have been thinking the same thing.

If it were my pride and joy I would doing absolutely everything I could to find it.

Days off work to look for it on all canal towpaths that the boat is likely to be. I would be really pestering everyone on here and asking if they need more info.

I, like one or two others here, am a little suspicious to say the least. Has it gone missing and been found to have been their all the time.....?

Sorry if I'm incorrect.

Where is the further info? Description of hirers etc,etc.

Martyn

we are working on it will be done tonight

regards

Another day on, another day gone, are we the only ones interested in getting this boat back??????????????????????????? :lol:

Edited to add, I think I've lost interest, why should anyone care when, 4 days on, they still can't be arsed to post the info requested.

Edited by johnjo

I think we could all do with being a little less harsh on members who are not only new to bulletin boards but new to computers.

If they are new to computers then its quite understandable that it took a long time to post any info here. It is only a day or two since we asked for extra information. They may not even have a computer themselves. They could be relying on the hire firm to pass this info onto them. Who knows?

I agree that a boat can be changed as quick as you like and the time it has been missing before we knew about it has not helped, but I've just read this page and several of the posts on here come across as downright rude.

Hoe would you feel if it was your boat? Don't be so quick to judge, we have no idea what the owners are doing to find their boat offline, yet we are judging them by what they have posted on here.

Edited by Lady Muck

I think we could all do with being a little less harsh on members who are not only new to bulletin boards but new to computers.

If they are new to computers then its quite understandable that it took a long time to post any info here. It is only a day or two since we asked for extra information. They may not even have a computer themselves. They could be relying on the hire firm to pass this info onto them. Who knows?

I agree that a boat can be changed as quick as you like and the time it has been missing before we knew about it has not helped, but I've just read this page and several of the posts on here come across as downright rude.

Hoe would you feel if it was your boat? Don't be so quick to judge, we have no idea what the owners are doing to find their boat offline, yet we are judging them by what they have posted on here.

No I'm judging them by what they have failed to post.

If they can post :-

QUOTE (carole 'que sera sera' @ Mar 13 2009, 04:45 PM) post_snapback.gifwe are working on it will be done tonight

regards

then why not the info requested, I like others are wondering why not, I have great sympathy but I'm losing interest, sorry.

They lost their boat last Sunday surely that's time enough to put together the basic info asked for, so far we have no description of the hirers [or thieves], nothing of note at all.

This forum has a fantastic history and reputation for helping individual boaters who have had major problems in the past.

So can I please say to the OP or anyone who knows them - please please please put as much information on here as you can .

WE ALL WANT TO HELP !!

I've just received the following in an email...

Hi All

I apologise if you receive this email more than once - i really need to sort out my contacts list.

I have been asked by a friend at Fradley Junction to email people regarding the theft of a boat. The boats name is Que Sara Sara - approx 55ft - Blue with gold lettering. It was hired out for the weekend and has failed to return - it was due back on Sunday. Police have been informed. It was last seen going down the Coventry Canal.

Any information regarding this boat please either inform myself by email or 07531 501214 OR contact Nikki / Les - 07599 709587. Email address is sandjferrets at fsmail dot net.

Thank you all for your assistance in this matter.

Simon

Just had a call:

It's on the Ashby at Shakerstone, opposite Grimmer's.

Good news! :lol: Let's hope we find out more about the ins and outs of this theft as happened in the Holly affair. In that case there was excellent info during and afterwards.

Let's also hope the other stolen boat is found as well. If they posted here maybe it would be...

Edited by Tiny

That sounds like excellent news - lets hope that the boat is in the same condition as it was when it was hired out

It would be good to hear what happened when it is possible for us to do so without it compromising any possible legal procedings - I suspect we might not do so in this instance as it proved so hard to get the initial information we were hoping for

I don't know how much tracking devices are, but have to be viable on boats being the value they are. The speed at which you could locate a stolen boat as well could probably prevent damage or theft of fixtures and fittings, I would have thought companies with fleets of hire boats would invest in tracking devices. I think I'll enquire as to a tracking system or others may have knowledge on here.

Good news it's been found though :lol:

I don't know how much tracking devices are, but have to be viable on boats being the value they are. The speed at which you could locate a stolen boat as well could probably prevent damage or theft of fixtures and fittings, I would have thought companies with fleets of hire boats would invest in tracking devices. I think I'll enquire as to a tracking system or others may have knowledge on here.

Good news it's been found though :lol:

We market exactly that system but have only ever sold one to a hire fleet operator!

In the case of theft it would be good but the best reason I could see for it is breakdowns, customers very often don't know exactly where they are and I have wasted hours and hours looking for boats that were no where near where the customer thought they were!

http://nautilarm.canalboatbits.co.uk/

We market exactly that system but have only ever sold one to a hire fleet operator!

In the case of theft it would be good but the best reason I could see for it is breakdowns, customers very often don't know exactly where they are and I have wasted hours and hours looking for boats that were no where near where the customer thought they were!

http://nautilarm.canalboatbits.co.uk/

That's very interesting Gary.

Prices start from £255.00 + V.A.T.
I wouldn't consider that cost unreasonable either, especially if insurance companies offer better premiums for alarmed boats.

Is this system based on barometric pressure BTW I used to install home alarm systems that used this method.

Non-contractual, no monitoring station, no third party fees, just your mobile phone.
Another bonus :lol:

Impressed :lol: Will consider this when we get on the water.

If you do a search on the net and enter cistrak they have a number of devices available.

If we all look then we may get competative prices.

Gary what do yours retail at?

I'm interested in protecting my boat!

Martyn

If you do a search on the net and enter cistrak they have a number of devices available.

I note with this system though there's a monthly fee. £11.75 This system seems more suitable to tracking fleet vehicles day to day. Where on a boat you just need to know where it is if stolen rather than track it daily.

The kit gary mentioned with GPS is

Nautilarm V2 kit with GPS

Price £430.40 plus v.a.t I think

This gives you the basic kit to fit yourself.

I just wondered if the siren option could be used utilising my Klaxon horn rather than siren :lol:

Edited by Julynian

Fair comment. Didn't read it through. I don't want a monthly outlay.

I agree it is suffice to say that all you need is the notification that the vessel has been entered or even moved.

I wonder if we will hear anymore from the owners of the found boat.

Martyn

Fair comment. Didn't read it through. I don't want a monthly outlay.

I agree it is suffice to say that all you need is the notification that the vessel has been entered or even moved.

I wonder if we will hear anymore from the owners of the found boat.

Martyn

Only time will tell :lol:

This will be the third time i've posted this!!! but it will save you a fair few quid.

from 'crime pays thread' old mobile with a sim card + car charger + female car phone socket with crocs clips on the other end + a hidden 12v live supply + register with www.followus.co.uk

Make sure phone is on silent. You can now track you boat to within 100 yards of its position from your computor for a fraction of the above cost.

When you register your sim with the above company, the phone will recieve a text asking you to confirm tracking is ok.

This will be the third time i've posted this!!! but it will save you a fair few quid.

from 'crime pays thread' old mobile with a sim card + car charger + female car phone socket with crocs clips on the other end + a hidden 12v live supply + register with www.followus.co.uk

Make sure phone is on silent. You can now track you boat to within 100 yards of its position from your computor for a fraction of the above cost.

When you register your sim with the above company, the phone will recieve a text asking you to confirm tracking is ok.

Really that's also interesting and haven't seen your previous posts.

I was thinking of when we live aboard though, can this system inform your mobile phone ????? as the likely hood of being near a comp would be slim when live aboard. Whayt you suggest would be great if away from the boat for long periods, but if live aboard and away for a whole day say! and your boat gets nicked you can only track it when you know it's been nicked by getting to a comp.

If there's no mobile alert, you could use the system you suggest with the cheaper V2 model, and when it phones you if broken into you can get to a comp quickly to see if it's being moved.

What you have suggested is well clever though :lol: