STOLEN NARROWBOAT

Liam

Featured Posts

This has got me thinking whether tracking would be a sensible addition. Does anyone know of any cost effective options?

Someone mentioned a method using a mobile phone but this computer hasn't got Gary's search thingy bookmarked so someone else will have to find it.

Dominic,

I'm sure what you say is probably correct, particularly if you have heard it at Streethay.

But that now makes at least three versions of the story...

1) The operators, (presumably) say failed to return after a weekend's hire.

2) The owners say stolen from marina, and don't mention hiring.

3) You say failed to return after a week's hire, echoing Bargee Boy's comments.

I feel very sorry for the owners, but if they want this boat back, they would do them self a great favour by publishing the exact facts surrounding it'd disappearance.

Currently we have....

1) An externally fairly anonymous Liverpool Boat, of typical length

2) Only one external picture.

3) No identifying features

4) Don't know when last seen, or by who.

A tall order to find that, I'd suggest, particularly as I bet it's not blue now.

Alan

To clarify this I was asked as a broker by Ray Bowern, who owns Streethay Wharf, to keep an eye out for the boat. I haver just spoken to him again and it is absolutely not the case that the boat was stolen from Streethay. It was hired out by the owner, who is also the operator, and it did not return.

To clarify this I was asked as a broker by Ray Bowern, who owns Streethay Wharf, to keep an eye out for the boat. I haver just spoken to him again and it is absolutely not the case that the boat was stolen from Streethay. It was hired out by the owner, who is also the operator, and it did not return.

Given the information floating around about this case thus far, it would be worth getting Ray Bowern on the case with the owners to get more information publicised here or elsewhere

There are enough willing volunteers around to keep an eye out for the boat but as has been said, more specific detail is required about sightings and distinctive features. If the owners don't know about this forum, then I'm sure Ray would be able to pass the information on.

If I were in the same position, I would want my boat back as quickly as possible and would want as much help as possible in finding it.

This has got me thinking whether tracking would be a sensible addition. Does anyone know of any cost effective options?

Don't want to go too far off topic, but if you are considering some form of tracking, the Datatool Snitcher (intended as a motorcycle alarm) would definately be worth looking in to, it can be had for about a hundred quid on Ebay.

Lee

I am actually moored outside Streethay yard having a hot water tank replaced and in the morning i will see if i can get any info.

One chap who i asked today looked to its usual mooring and said it wasn`t there but didn`t know its location or even if it had been stolen. but he`s just an employee not the owner.

No news other than it failed to return from hire.

Strange the owners don`t seem to want to give more info on the boat. We are all more than willing to help but they don`t seem to be wanting help. Just have to look out for the boat as described but as we all know that could be changed by now so some thing to distinguish it would help.

Don't want to go too far off topic, but if you are considering some form of tracking, the Datatool Snitcher (intended as a motorcycle alarm) would definately be worth looking in to, it can be had for about a hundred quid on Ebay.

Lee

from 'crime pays thread' old mobile with a sim card + car charger + female car phone socket with crocs clips on the other end + a hidden 12v live supply + register with www.followus.co.uk

Make sure phone is on silent. You can now track you boat to within 100 yards of its position from your computor for a fraction of the above cost.

When you register your sim with the above company, the phone will recieve a text asking you to confirm tracking is ok.

Edited by canalman1946

So the story is that the boat is owned by the same people who are also the operators of the hire business from which the brochure shots are taken ?

So that would presumably be Carole & Tony ?

So I'm no clearer who Nikki, Les and Simon from the original posting are.

And if it wasn't stolen from Streethay, why say that it was. :lol:

Unlike previous incidents where the owners have got very involved with the forum, and responded to requests for pictures and information, this one seems to have gone horribly quiet.

I realise there could be reasons for that, but certainly forum members don't have much hope of finding it unless the owners get a lot more involved.

Seems strange to me ?

HI

WE UNDERSTAND THE FRUSTRATION THAT PEOPLE WANT TO HELP BUT WE ARE NEW TO COMPUTERS LET ALONE USING THIS SITE.

ITS A BLUE 60FT LIVERPOOL HULL CRUISER STERN CREAM COACH LINES

BLUE CRATCH COVER AND BLUE CANOPY ROUND THE CRUISER STERN

WHEN TAKEN IT DID HAVE A LARGE FROG ORNAMENT ON THE TOP

GUNNEL WAS UNDERCOATED DARK GREY WITH A BLUE EDGING

THE TILLER PIN IS A BRASS FROG

IT DID HAVE A METAL YELLOW BUCKET ON THE FRONT OF THE BOAT WITH COLOURED FLOWERS IN IT.

LOOKING CLOSER ON THE IGNITION CONTROL PANEL OUTSIDE SEVERAL OF THE MAINTENANCE LIGHT COVERS ARE MISSING ABOUT THE SIZE OF A TEN PENCE NEXT TO THE KEY HOLE.

BACK AND FRONT ROPES ARE BLUE AND THE MIDDLE ROPE IS A DULL BLACK

THE INTERIOR IS ALL FITTED IN MAPLE WOOD

IT HAD TWO BUCKET BLACK CHAIRS IN

IT HAS A WOOD BURNER WERE FLUTE IS AT THE FRONT OF THE BOAT

TILED AROUND GALLEY IN DARK GREY SMALL TILES

GREY QUARRY TILES IN GALLEY (FLOOR) THE REST OF THE BOAT IS ALL SOLID WOOD.

IT DID HAVE A BLACK AND WHITE RUG IN THE LIVING AREA.

THE DINETTE COVERS ARE ALL BLACK

THE DINETTE BACK PANEL MOVES ACROSS TO FACE THE TV TO MAKE A SOFA WHEN WATCHING TV

THEIR WAS A NEST OF PINE SMALL TABLES IN THE LIVING AREA

PLEASE HELP US

IF ANYONE CAN TELLL US STEP BY STEP HOW TO PUT PHOTOS ON WE WOULD BE REALLY GRATEFUL

REGARDS

CAROLE AND TONY

I just wish I was in a position to help locate the boat.

It really hacks me off when this sort of thing happens.

Not many boats go through Waterlooville despite the name of the place.

Good luck all, I hope it gets seen soon.

Martyn

first you need to join a web hosting site i suggest photo bucket then upload your pics there when youve done that underneath the pics there are 4 boxes right click on the last box that starts with img in the box last one ,, a box will appear on screen select copy you then come back to the forum and choose your post select add reply then right click and select paste and that should do it i think if ive described right if its wrong shout at me

IF ANYONE CAN TELLL US STEP BY STEP HOW TO PUT PHOTOS ON WE WOULD BE REALLY GRATEFUL

If you email them to me at simon@thekelleys.org.uk I'll post them for you.

MP.

(And before anybody warns me about getting spammed because I've put my email address here, that address is in hundreds of places on the web, so it's too late.)

The owners have now posted...

Stolen narrowboat

Now let's try and give them some help....

Janet

I did e mail the owners this afternoon and it looks as though they have taken notice so perhaps these 2 topics can be merged and i think we might now get more responce to questions asked of the owners.

They replied to a PM I sent yesterday and it appears they are extremely new to computing and are even newer to this forum, so I think they need some space to get it together.

I'm sure they'll get up to speed soon, what with having their boat stolen I imagine they are in a bit of a whirl at this moment, I know I would be.

I note someone has offered to post their pics for them, and that's exactly the help they need to clarify things on here .

Hope they find it soon.

Edited for speeling and grandma

Edited by johnjo

thank you so much for your help i will send them to you now as my daughter is here to use her email address

regards

carole and tony

If you email them to me at simon@thekelleys.org.uk I'll post them for you.

MP.

(And before anybody warns me about getting spammed because I've put my email address here, that address is in hundreds of places on the web, so it's too late.)