STOLEN NARROWBOAT

Liam

Featured Posts

I am commenting in complete and utter ignorance having not read the slightest part of any posts except the original post, but which way was it going ? whats up ? whats down? Give me a clue and I'll find it ?

THE BOAT HASN'T BEEN STOLEN!

Why comment at all then?

You could at least read the post from the owners:

HI ALL

LAST MONDAY 2ND MARCH 2009 OUR NARROWBOAT WAS STOLEN FROM STREETHAY MARINA

ITS A LIVERPOOL HULL, BLUE WITH CREAM COACH LINES AND THE NAME QUE SERA SERA ON IT

ITS 60FT IN LENGTH

IT HAS A MODERN BEACH INTERIOR WITH BLACK AND GREY THEME TROUGHOUT

WHEN IT WAS TAKEN IT HAD A LARGE FROG ORNAMENT ON TOP

IT HAS A CRATCH COVER ON THE FRONT IN BLUE ALSO

PLEASE EMAIL floandcaz@hotmail.co.uk IF YOU THINK YOU CAN HELP US OR KNOW ANYONE THAT MAYBE ABLE TO HELP US

REGARDS

CAROLE AND TONY

XX

Some clarification would seem to be needed from someone though.

The original post talks of a boat that failed to return (on Sunday) after a weekend's hiring, and gives contacts as Simon, Nicky & Les.

But apparently the owners are Carole and Tony.

But they say it was taken on Monday, (2nd).

So who does own it, when did it disappear, and when and where has it been seen since ?

As Bargee Boy says, if it went missing well over a week ago, it could be anywhere, and any colour by now, so people need more accurate info about what is known, (or to have any wrong information already given corrected).

The original post talks of a boat that failed to return (on Sunday) after a weekend's hiring, and gives contacts as Simon, Nicky & Les.

So who does own it, when did it disappear, and when and where has it been seen since ?

As Bargee Boy says, if it went missing well over a week ago, it could be anywhere, and any colour by now, so people need more accurate info about what is known, (or to have any wrong information already given corrected).

It is interesting that the amount of attention that this "theft?" is getting is quite limited especially compared with the Holly saga. If the owners would come forward and give full details and lotsof pictures then we might get somewhere. Are the owners members of CWF? If not they should sign up and start posting and answer the questions as soon as they come up.

Nick

It is interesting that the amount of attention that this "theft?" is getting is quite limited especially compared with the Holly saga. If the owners would come forward and give full details and lotsof pictures then we might get somewhere. Are the owners members of CWF? If not they should sign up and start posting and answer the questions as soon as they come up.

Nick

It has been said before, in the case of Holly, there was an element of concern about the situation of the boater and his well-being.

I suppose if it was due back on Sunday pm, the alarm would not necessarily be raised until Monday morning anyway. It would not be the first hireboat returned late.

This event has been well publicised, I got the origninal e-mail direct to my own mail box, whilst wearing a different hat.

I am a little surprised that it has no (so far) been spotted, but at this time of the year, there are fewer boats about.

Tony.

Hi,

What is the link to Move Your Boat?

Is someone advertising it for sale?

Carol and Tony own the boat I rented it from them at Xmas, they were so helpful and must be devastated.

Keep looking people I know you will find in in whhatever guise it is currently in.

Cheers

I am commenting in complete and utter ignorance having not read the slightest part of any posts except the original post, but which way was it going ? whats up ? whats down? Give me a clue and I'll find it ?

THE BOAT HASN'T BEEN STOLEN!

Why do you think the boat has not been stolen???

Do you know this to be a fact and if so how?

Seems a crazy thing to say to me unless you actually know where the boat is and who has got it.

This has been posted as a blog on this forum -

PLEASE HELP US

PASS THIS MESSAGE ONTO ALL YOUR FRIENDS

OUR FAMILY NARROWBOAT HAS BEEN STOLEN FROM STREETHAY MARINA COVENTRY CANAL MONDAY 2ND MARCH 2009

THE NAME OF THE BOAT IS QUE SERA SERA

ITS A LIVERPOOL HULL, 60FT, CRUISER STERN, DARK BLUE WITH CREAM COACH LINES AND NAME

4 YEARS OLD AND EXTREMELY MODERN INTERIOR ALL BEACH AND BLACK FITTINGS.

PLEASE HELP EMAIL US IF YOU CAN HELP US

floandcaz@hotmail.co.uk

PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD FOR US WE ARE EXTREMELY UPSET BY ALL THIS

So is it a hire boat or a family boat? Not that it makes any difference if it has been stolen.

This has been posted as a blog on this forum -

PLEASE HELP US

PASS THIS MESSAGE ONTO ALL YOUR FRIENDS

OUR FAMILY NARROWBOAT HAS BEEN STOLEN FROM STREETHAY MARINA COVENTRY CANAL MONDAY 2ND MARCH 2009

THE NAME OF THE BOAT IS QUE SERA SERA

ITS A LIVERPOOL HULL, 60FT, CRUISER STERN, DARK BLUE WITH CREAM COACH LINES AND NAME

4 YEARS OLD AND EXTREMELY MODERN INTERIOR ALL BEACH AND BLACK FITTINGS.

PLEASE HELP EMAIL US IF YOU CAN HELP US

floandcaz@hotmail.co.uk

PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD FOR US WE ARE EXTREMELY UPSET BY ALL THIS

So is it a hire boat or a family boat? Not that it makes any difference if it has been stolen.

It certainly does if it is a family boat hired out "unofficially", because it would mean that the insurance won't be coughing up.

It certainly does if it is a family boat hired out "unofficially", because it would mean that the insurance won't be coughing up.

There seems to be a high level of assumption here. There is no reason why hire boat or even a sponsored boat in a fleet cannot be regarded as "our" boat by the person/family that owns it. The boat in question is apparently available for hire through a seemingly legitimate business, so setting hares running through possibly mistaken interpretation of innocent remarks may not be helpful.

Ouch, expensive mistake to make.

Tony

Edited by tony collins

There seems to be a high level of assumption here. There is no reason why hire boat or even a sponsored boat in a fleet cannot be regarded as "our" boat by the person/family that owns it. The boat in question is apparently available for hire through a seemingly legitimate business, so setting hares running through possibly mistaken interpretation of innocent remarks may not be helpful.

Tony

Not setting any hares running, just digressing.

There have been several cases where people have extolled the virtues of hiring a private boat out "because nobody will be any the wiser" The apparent confusion about the status of this boat seemed a timely opportunity to raise that issue.

So if Carol and Tony own the boat, isn't legitimate to ask why names Simon, Nikki & Les were given as the contacts in the original posting ?

If it is a hiring gone wrong, it's more pertinent to know when it was first taken, than the date by which it failed to be returned.

To avoid any confusion, could the owners please state exactly when the boat was last seen by them, and where.

It has been said before, in the case of Holly, there was an element of concern about the situation of the boater and his well-being.

But in the case of Holly we had regular contact and updates from Trish at Middlewich, a few photos to study and a fairly distinctive boat to be looking out for.

It seems to me that here we have one rather small and fairly useless photo, no contact from the owner nor any representative, and we're on the lookout for a Liverpool boat which may or may not be blue and may or may not be called Que Sera Sera.

Is there anything which would make it stand out from any other Liverpool boat?

Maybe the Frog on the roof, unless it has been removed.

Link as given before to advert for hire.

As to who owns the boat....a guess... it is a Private boat that is hired out by a legitimate hire company,

Hence the owners are different to the contacts.

Tell me I'm wrong. :lol:

Distinctive Charters secures on its books privately owned craft. These are chartered from their existing moorings countrywide to discerning and experienced hirers (static charter is also an option), thereby providing owners with a way of covering their ownership costs and earning an income, as well as providing the hirer with the opportunity to use an exclusive private boat. As an agency Distinctive Charters will advertise, prepare and distribute information, arrange bookings, handle payments, and if necessary guide the owner through the steps to hire craft licensing, extra BSS regulations, insurance, breakdown services, hand over scripts etc., and generally smooth the path over for them. Distinctive Charters will also establish a hire charge price band relevant to the boat.

Please stop these assumptions.

I hired the boat from Tony and Carole at Xmas.

Oh no I got it from E Bay, goodness knows what comments that will bring!!!

They had gone to huge professional lengths re insurance, safety, comfort etc.

They had searched a lot to find a marina that would take a hire boat, I hope Tony will not mind me saying that after illness this was the best way they could keep their lovely boat, after living on it and designing it and building a lot of it. It is very personal to them.

So it is a much adored family boat on limited let to pay for it's upkeep.

It is also registered with Distinctive Charters.

So let's just keep looking for it eh!

But if they want it found, they really do need to answer some of the questions.

However lovely the boat, as Moley correctly says one Liverpool Boats shell is much like any other, particularly if it's had a hasty repaint, (which is what has happened on previous thefts).

And 57 to 62 feet is a popular length.

People really do need to be told anything that makes this boat distinctive, and which can't be easily removed or re-worked.

Pictures of front, back, both sides, for example. What hatches, vents, chimneys, and where.

Someone looking at passing boats is not going to be able to recognise it from a load of internal pictures.

We still haven't been told explicitly when and where it was last seen, I think. It may appear obvious, but it's better to spell things out, particulaly as Bargee Boy's comments seem to indicate it has been missing longer.

The forum members have a good track record on missing boats, but the more information given, the better chance of success. I feel sure there is more we could be told.

But if they want it found, they really do need to answer some of the questions.

However lovely the boat, as Moley correctly says one Liverpool Boats shell is much like any other, particularly if it's had a hasty repaint, (which is what has happened on previous thefts).

And 57 to 62 feet is a popular length.

People really do need to be told anything that makes this boat distinctive, and which can't be easily removed or re-worked.

And any body with a similar Liverpool boat (there will be a few) will not be to happy being questioned about its ownership.

I am actually moored outside Streethay yard having a hot water tank replaced and in the morning i will see if i can get any info.

One chap who i asked today looked to its usual mooring and said it wasn`t there but didn`t know its location or even if it had been stolen. but he`s just an employee not the owner.

scary my boats just arround the bend from there,and have to say i saw a similar coloured boat just outside whittington 2 weekends ago just before the sunken boat hope its just overdue and just left somewhere :lol:

I am actually moored outside Streethay yard having a hot water tank replaced and in the morning i will see if i can get any info.

One chap who i asked today looked to its usual mooring and said it wasn`t there but didn`t know its location or even if it had been stolen. but he`s just an employee not the owner.

I was at Streethay on Monday just gone - before this topic appeared on CWDF. Apparently the boat did not return from a week's hire. By that time it could have been a very long way away. As a guess hiding up on the backwaters of the BCN would be an obvious choice. The boat will have a CIN No which should be difficult to remove so if it has been stolen to sell on then it would be a good idea if the owners posted that 14 digit reference on here.

I think if was involved in hire I would seriously look at fitting a satellite tracking device somewhere discreet. Not only would you find out if the hirer who was due back tomorrow was instead half way towards the Canal du Midi, it would make finding the boat in the event of a breakdown a great deal easier.

Dominic,

I'm sure what you say is probably correct, particularly if you have heard it at Streethay.

But that now makes at least three versions of the story...

1) The operators, (presumably) say failed to return after a weekend's hire.

2) The owners say stolen from marina, and don't mention hiring.

3) You say failed to return after a week's hire, echoing Bargee Boy's comments.

I feel very sorry for the owners, but if they want this boat back, they would do them self a great favour by publishing the exact facts surrounding it'd disappearance.

Currently we have....

1) An externally fairly anonymous Liverpool Boat, of typical length

2) Only one external picture.

3) No identifying features

4) Don't know when last seen, or by who.

A tall order to find that, I'd suggest, particularly as I bet it's not blue now.

Alan